Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm no expert! But what I have learned on this forum from "the experts" is that a copy of your drivers license, your e-mail address, mailing address, and your chosen build are required to get scheduled for production. The information above is needed for the COVP.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I recently pre-ordered with a local dealer that has an internet sales manager. The manager required me to send in all of the above information (plus a $500 refundable deposit) in our first phone call. The deal was done in 15 minutes.
I can't say how it will turn out come ordering day, but the Internet Manager now has everything needed to submit and COVP my order. Much easier and clearer ordering through a dealer's internet department!
Thanks, I understood that part also as you.
My bigger question was how do we know the dealer submits to Ford everything needed for the COVP.
I got an email from Ford that my order was placed but I know I didn't give the dealer my license. So the dealer hasn't done the COVP. I'm trying to help give another possible reason why some who placed their orders before others are getting to the build stage later. Maybe their order got placed, but the dealer didn't submit the necessary items for COVP until a few months later.
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I understood that part also as you.
My bigger question was how do we know the dealer submits to Ford everything needed for the COVP.
I think everything you need is in Tim Bartz's Episode 53. Ordering information starts at Minute: 52:40

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think everything you need is in Tim Bartz's Episode 53. Ordering information starts at Minute: 52:40
Yes, I watched it. He says we need to make sure the COVP gets done by the dealership. I'm saying we don't get a notification when the dealership completes that, we only get a notification (email) that Ford received our order. But I have an email from Ford saying they got my order, but I know they didn't do COVP yet, because I never sent them my license.
So, what I'm saying is people may be wondering why others orders are getting built before theirs might just be because the dealership submitted the order but didn't do COVP until sometime later.
I don't expect someone to answer, because we probably don't know what is happening behind the scenes with the orders, but if someone ordered long before but the dealership didn't submit COVP until after another's order that COVP did get done on, then that may be part of why the build orders haven't been in order. Just because we got an email from Ford doesn't mean we have our place in line until the dealership submits the COVP to Ford.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, I watched it. He says we need to make sure the COVP gets done by the dealership. I'm saying we don't get a notification when the dealership completes that, we only get a notification (email) that Ford received our order. But I have an email from Ford saying they got my order, but I know they didn't do COVP yet, because I never sent them my license.
So, what I'm saying is people may be wondering why others orders are getting built before theirs might just be because the dealership submitted the order but didn't do COVP until sometime later.
I don't expect someone to answer, because we probably don't know what is happening behind the scenes with the orders, but if someone ordered long before but the dealership didn't submit COVP until after another's order that COVP did get done on, then that may be part of why the build orders haven't been in order. Just because we got an email from Ford doesn't mean we have our place in line until the dealership submits the COVP to Ford.
Here is exactly what I'm talking about.
You aren't notified when COVP has been submitted and approved. You could have submitted long before someone else, but if their dealer did COVP right off, they will be in line ahead of you.

Ford Maverick Ford: Maverick orders are now scheduled in the order they are received Screenshot_20220824-170740

Ford Maverick Ford: Maverick orders are now scheduled in the order they are received Screenshot_20220824-170827

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is exactly what I'm talking about.
You aren't notified when COVP has been submitted and approved. You could have submitted long before someone else, but if their dealer did COVP right off, they will be in line ahead of you.

Screenshot_20220824-170740.png

Screenshot_20220824-170827.png
Can't wait for the Class Action Lawsuit when we all sue Ford for misrepresentation!

Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can't wait for the Class Action Lawsuit when we all sue Ford for misrepresentation!
I don't know about that. Maybe. But I think the bigger issue is the dealership failing to submit the COVP.
It's sad that Tim Bartz has to tell us to ask our dealership if they submitted it; because if they don't, your order just sits there. Yes, you get your email from Ford, but they aren't going to do anything with it until the dealership does COVP.
And how would we know any different.
Ford should either require the dealership to send something, or send something themselves to let us know COVP has been completed.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know about that. Maybe. But I think the bigger issue is the dealership failing to submit the COVP.
It's sad that Tim Bartz has to tell us to ask our dealership if they submitted it; because if they don't, your order just sits there. Yes, you get your email from Ford, but they aren't going to do anything with it until the dealership does COVP.
And how would we know any different.
Ford should either require the dealership to send something, or send something themselves to let us know COVP has been completed.
How about this: An email from Ford at the 10 day mark - " We have yet to receive a COVP for your Maverick from your ordering dealer! You need to go light a fire under his A** if you ever expect to see your new truck!".

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How about this: An email from Ford at the 10 day mark - " We have yet to receive a COVP for your Maverick from your ordering dealer! You need to go light a fire under his A** if you ever expect to see your new truck!".
Yes, it could easily be automated. In all seriousness.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the possibility I've been waiting for 11 months now (I ordered my Hybrid XL on October 25, 2021), and though Ford confirmed my order and seems to have me in their system (and I have Order Code and Sales Code numbers on the paperwork I did when I submitted the order and have also received the generic e-mails from Ford), the COVP wasn't done right and I have fallen through the cracks? This whole process is so convoluted and lacks confirmation of each step that that seems possible.

I called Ford Customer Service this morning and they had nothing for me, no VIN, no build date, only a record of my ordered XL. Their pat answer is always the same - talk to your dealer. Argghhhh!! 😡

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the possibility I've been waiting for 11 months now (I ordered my Hybrid XL on October 25, 2021), and though Ford confirmed my order and seems to have me in their system (and I have Order Code and Sales Code numbers on the paperwork I did when I submitted the order and have also received the generic e-mails from Ford), the COVP wasn't done right and I have fallen through the cracks? This whole process is so convoluted and lacks confirmation of each step that that seems possible.

I called Ford Customer Service this morning and they had nothing for me, no VIN, no build date, only a record of my ordered XL. Their pat answer is always the same - talk to your dealer. Argghhhh!! 😡
If you received the more recent "we are sorry this is taking so long" and "you should remove some things from your order" series emails, then you are good. If all you got was the original "thanks for your order" (around the end of October), then you are in trouble.......

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Either way, sounds like you'll need to reorder for '23. No VIN by now, your odds of getting a '22 are slim.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you received the more recent "we are sorry this is taking so long" and "you should remove some things from your order" series emails, then you are good. If all you got was the original "thanks for your order" (around the end of October), then you are in trouble.......
I got 'em both. I didn't remove any more from my order though. My order is already a very basic XL Hybrid and I had already removed the SIBL and hard tonneau cover long ago. I did keep the CP360 though as that is something I really want and that can't be added later.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You definitely had a far different experience than I had.

I was quoted 4-6 months when I ordered in November. They then called me two weeks later to take the SIBL Lux package and switch it to the DIBL otherwise "it could delay my order." I waited a few weeks then made the switch.

Come March I still wasn't scheduled even though they were scheduling well past the 6 month mark. I called them and I was hung up on. They later emailed me saying that I should be scheduled "soon."

After waiting another month with zero communication, I called and was rudely told "oh well at least you aren't like our Bronco orders who have been waiting two years."

All this while I watched orders from December and January WITH the same constraints as me get scheduled and already get delivered.

Meanwhile, I BEGGED the dealer to push their regional rep to find out why my order hasn't been scheduled.

If you're sitting on $1000 of MY money for three months PAST when you told me I would have my truck and you still don't have a clue when my truck will be built, let alone delivered, you're not running a dealership, you're running a Ponzi scheme.

PS. Waiting on the Maverick is going to cost me at least $2k in the higher interest rates and other vehicles going up in price.
For a second I read this and thought “did I write this??”. The part about wanting an update from region sales really resonates, my dealer is intentionally vague. The scariest was he said they may drop stuff from my order if they don’t have the part. I assume he meant 360, which my wife really wants to feel comfortable in a truck. This better not happen, what would be the point of an order submission 10 months ago?? God I hate my dealer.
Sponsored