Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just curious after reading some of these posts...for those of you lucky enough to have received your Maverick, can you explain how it feels to get in and out of it. Too low? Too high? Just right? Ground clearance is what...a little over 8"?
It feels like getting into an SUV basically. Quick in and out. But after getting in field of view is great and it’s fun to drive. I’ve found out that natural trucks are laborious to drive and the maverick has basically car like attributes in terms of handling. So there it is
Sponsored

RevanSTL

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
I test drove a Tacoma before ordering my Maverick. And I went with the big one, TRD-Pro Offroad. The thing that stuck out to me the most was how uncomfortable highway driving was. Those trucks are built for the off-road, and at 70mph on a medium quality highway, it felt like I was sitting in a chair and someone had grabbed it and started shaking it 😂. I assume some of the other packages are better for the highway, but that particular truck wanted to be crawling up a mountain, not driving down highway 70.

Otherwise, I loved the Tacoma, and at the end of the test drive my take-away was that I absolutely loved it, but at the moment at least, I didn't want it. I ordered the maverick because I want a small truck that was quality, comfortable, and light-duty off-road capable. I'm excited to get mine, just ordered in January right before the cut-off so I have no idea when that will be, but I'm pumped, and also doing my best to ignore the most recent delivery news.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious after reading some of these posts...for those of you lucky enough to have received your Maverick, can you explain how it feels to get in and out of it. Too low? Too high? Just right? Ground clearance is what...a little over 8"?
Just right...at least for me. I'm 5' 6" with short legs. :cool:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can fit true 33's on a Tacoma. Keeping mine when the Mav arrives.
Sponsored