Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just caught a new Ford Maverick variant, showing signs of the upcoming performance street truck trim widely expected to join the Maverick lineup.

Ford has trademarked the Maverick Lobo name, and it may point to this interesting new prototype, caught testing in Dearborn. The heavy front-end camo appears to hide a more aggressive front-fascia, with a lowered, muscled stance. The prototype is fitted with new, larger 19-inch wheels, mounted to 225/55R19 Goodyear Wrangler Territory HT tires, showing its new focus on street performance. 18-inch wheels and tires are currently the largest rollers available on the Maverick.

The prototype appears to have a single exhaust exiting from the left side of the rear bumper, and showcases the independent rear suspension setup of the AWD Maverick, which should enable proper traction if more power is on tap. It appears that there are visual signs of an intercooler in the front bumpers lower air-intake suggesting a more potent turbocharged powerplant.

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-1

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-2

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-3

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-4

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-5

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-6

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-7

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-8

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-9

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-10

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-11

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-12

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-13

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-14

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-15

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-16

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-17

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-18

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-19

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-20

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-21

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-22

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied lobo-maverick-st-street-truck-prototype-spied-23
Sponsored

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good looking wheels but needs to be lower and hopefully packing a 2.3L!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like the 2025 MCE. Tires are too narrow for any real performance duty.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it's a 2.3 more than likely I will trade up. If it still has the 2.0 with just some suspension mods, I will keep what I got. This lil truck is fun now, I can only imagine what it would be like with about 300hp or more....

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't really see the infotainment screen good enough to see if that changed.

Front camera? 🧐
360 camera. Look on the side mirrors.

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don’t like that new color. Too busy!

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can't really see the infotainment screen good enough to see if that changed.

360 camera. Look on the side mirrors.
He may have referred to this one

Ford Maverick Maverick Lobo / ST Performance Street Truck Prototype Spied 1699306117068

Looks like a camera to me, and if it's part of the safety features, can't have that covered up.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Higher performance vehicles just have something missing...without a paddle shift or PDK type transmission. I will miss 3 paddles but can't live with performance with manual gears of some type, when you're in a performance vehicle...takes the fun away.

The Maverick - just road over BigHorn Range in Wyoming...2,000' elevation on Hwy 14 over roughly 60 miles reaching 9,700 feet in elevation....concerned that the Hybrid brakes would over heat coming off that elevation heading down the mountain I set the Maverick cruise control at 40 mph and was MOST IMPRESSED that the Maverick CVT transmission cruise control handled the up and down shifting smoothly with little effort and very little braking required.

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He may have referred to this one

1699306117068.png

Looks like a camera to me, and if it's part of the safety features, can't have that covered up.
Yep, I saw that. But if you look at the side mirrors, you will see the camera bumps, indicating it will have 360 cameras.

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, I saw that. But if you look at the side mirrors, you will see the camera bumps, indicating it will have 360 cameras.
Not arguing that part. But @Justin.23 was asking about a potential front camera
Sponsored