Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Needs a manual transmission and awd. I'd trade my lariat lux for that
Only good manual transmissions are a good thing, and I haven't ever seen a pickup with one. Bad manuals with long throws that are slow and sloppy through the gates aren't all that fun and just become tedious IMO.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so just look at recent ST models to get a feel for what Ford might do.

The Edge ST for example gets more power, AWD, tuned suspension, black wheels and distinct front and back lower facias, catback, a different mesh grill, and unique leather seats. Explorer ST is similar.
Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Only good manual transmissions are a good thing, and I haven't ever seen a pickup with one. Bad manuals with long throws that are slow and sloppy through the gates aren't all that fun and just become tedious IMO.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so just look at recent ST models to get a feel for what Ford might do.

The Edge ST for example gets more power, AWD, tuned suspension, black wheels and distinct front and back lower facias, catback, a different mesh grill, and unique leather seats. Explorer ST is similar.
Some truth to that.
But, for me, any manual is better than an auto. One learns to work it.
The hybrid is a whole ‘nuther story!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Some truth to that.
But, for me, any manual is better than an auto. One learns to work it.
The hybrid is a whole ‘nuther story!
Literally any manual is better than an auto! You could put a damn 3 speed toploader out of a 63 falcon in there and it would be stronger and better than any auto. I just prefer a solid link instead of faith in fluid pressure.

Also the good thing about this platform for a manual is that it isnt truck specific. So find the strongest car manual in the ford parts bin tweak it and toss it in.

SIZEMATTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 Viper Z06 Ford GT Bronco
Any chance they've lowered it to hide the undercarriage?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Yeah!

I'm working on a cable operated manual brake conversion right now. Can't trust fluid pressure.

Literally any manual is better than an auto! You could put a damn 3 speed toploader out of a 63 falcon in there and it would be stronger and better than any auto. I just prefer a solid link instead of faith in fluid pressure.

Also the good thing about this platform for a manual is that it isnt truck specific. So find the strongest car manual in the ford parts bin tweak it and toss it in.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah!

I'm working on a cable operated manual brake conversion right now. Can't trust fluid pressure.
Truckers use springs. The air pressure only keeps the brakes unlocked. Also we are talking about the difference between a quart of hydraulic fluid going in or out, against a couple gallons of it with lubricant additives spinning around thousands of times a minute producing as much or more heat than the engine and requiring coolers just to live under normal conditions.

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't read every reply here so sorry in advance if any of this has been said.

As much as I would love an ST, I don't think this is it. The appearance just isn't changed enough to warrant thinking it's a higher or different trim package than what's available. What seen through the grill is most likely the condenser, not an intercooler as those are usually mounted very low. I also really don't think that the wheel wells are flared much more over the current model. Also the underbody shots seem to be taken from what's already available since there isn't any dual exhaust. Another thing is that the St is always have a different grill that say St on them and Ford left the grill uncovered showing that it was the same as what's already available. If anything this is a 2023 or 2024 model with very slight changes

Turkeydancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Maybe this is a dumb question but if this was an electric, wouldn't the photographer have noticed that there was no engine noise coming from the vehicle and passed that information along?

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
If I can't get a Lariat Hybrid anytime soon, I would be very excited about a Maverick ST if priced right. My only hope is that they don't make the suspension overly stiff, like Hyundai did with the Kona N, taking a great little crossover and making it painful on anything but glass streets.

I'd love to see a simple package with just nicer black wheels with wider performance summer tires w/ fender flares to accommodate the width, limited slip differential in the rear, 310hp 2.3 ecoboost, bigger brakes, and some aesthetic changes like a front splitter. Nothing too extreme.

Mercedes typically removes foglights for their AMG versions of cars, so there ya go!
BMW does the same thing for M Series and uses the space to increase the air intake area.

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't wait to see the mark up on these!

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As practical as a Corolla GR is as far as sports cars go, I don't see how it can hold a candle to the utility of the Maverick platform. Corolla would probably be more fun though, especially since you get a manual transmission.
I'm not saying that I would get rid of my hybrid, it would be in addition to. The need wouldn't be there. Just the fun. Some people buy Corvettes and Hellcats for their mid life purchase, I want a hot hatch to throw into corners. The Fiesta ST is super fun, but I don't want a used one since they are more often than not beat on.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe this is a dumb question but if this was an electric, wouldn't the photographer have noticed that there was no engine noise coming from the vehicle and passed that information along?
May have been too far away. But I doubt its electric.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The maverick will be at the SEMA show in November so maybe they will have it revealed their ?

Ford Maverick Spied! High-Performance Ford Maverick ST in the Works? 18C65E7F-9333-4B9D-8896-9F4850C94EFC
Sponsored