First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, so I overestimate the capability of my new Maverick. Today, I got stuck on the shoulder of the road . The only way out was forward and up. My wife came to the rescue in our old Forester. Funny thing, the only place to hook up the chain to the Maverick was to the control arm of the front wheel. Imagine if it were muddy.

This thing needs towhooks or at least a tow point in the front. Get 'em before you get stuck. The conti road tire have got to go. as well. A/T tires ought to be standard.
Sponsored

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thing needs towhooks or at least a tow point in the front. Get 'em before you get stuck. The conti road tire have got to go. as well. A/T tires ought to be standard.
For sure. I didn't want to spend the money, but I ended getting some Falken Wildpeaks for mine. The continentals are the same size as my 2014 Jeep Cherokee so they will go in there when the current tires are worn out.

OP
OP

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, so I checked the manual and it says there are winch holes under the front bumper but not to use metal hooks in them or a chain. In another thread, someone bought short straps with hooks at the end. I'm thinking there ought to be some kind of chock to go in that hole.

LessFrequent

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Less
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, so I overestimate the capability of my new Maverick. Today, I got stuck on the shoulder of the road . The only way out was forward and up. My wife came to the rescue in our old Forester. Funny thing, the only place to hook up the chain to the Maverick was to the control arm of the front wheel. Imagine if it were muddy.

2WD I hope...

Agree on the tires. One of my first mods will be swapping to A/T tires.

Sponsored

Houmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its a bit sad only the FX4 has tow hooks and that the frames of all other models are not set to accept them as a bolt on option. I am looking XL, AWD w/tow as it fits the budget. I would add FX4 if I could, but adding XLT just to get it pushes it past what I am willing to spend

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Road tires work just fine

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

here you go...https://mattsoffroadrecovery.com/products/recovery-rope

love this youtube channel.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you overextended the capabilities of your vehicle, then complain at Ford for not having an easy way to bail you out? You bought basically a sedan with a bed if you have the hybrid... Don't take it off roading... If you want a truck to leave pavement order the AWD FX4 or Tremor and take it off roading (within reason it's still a crossover with a bed and some off road bits at that point).

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My 2003 Ram 2WD 3500 would get stuck in the mud sometimes. Same issue. It really needed tow hooks in the front, but only the 4x4 Rams get them.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you overextended the capabilities of your vehicle, then complain at Ford for not having an easy way to bail you out? You bought basically a sedan with a bed if you have the hybrid... Don't take it off roading... If you want a truck to leave pavement order the AWD FX4 or Tremor and take it off roading (within reason it's still a crossover with a bed and some off road bits at that point).
Have an AWD and after 30, 40 miles of off-road the advantages over a Hybrid I’ve found are not that monumental. AWD would not crawl over a very small log. Rear tires are not activated until there is wheel spinning.

My little Suzuki Samari 4X4 was far better off road over the Eco-Boost AWD. There’s a world of difference between AWD and 4X4. There are several off-road videos on this site that show the differences. Tires have a lot more to do in not getting stuck. I have one of the below mats thrown in the bed of my Maverick. Just in case I or others get stuck…range from $30 to $150. Two of the cheaper ones have always been adequate for my needs.

Ford Maverick Maverick hybrid towed out by a Subaru 1659919631919

Last edited:

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I had a 1978 Subaru wagon with real 4WD (locked front/rear) and a really low first gear, in Wyoming. I used to tow people too..

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I had a 1978 Subaru wagon with real 4WD (locked front/rear) and a really low first gear, in Wyoming. I used to tow people too..
People used to laugh when I pulled out old Broncos and Jeeps with my little 4x4 Samauri ….You could not get the 4x4 Samauri stuck if you tried.

Last edited:

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Did you take any pics of it stuck? Im curious what kind of situation you were in. This is why I only buy AWD/4WD vehicles, seems like I get in situations like this periodically but I like to get out in the woods most weekends. You can get alot of places in 2wd/FWD but if your momentum stops you are in trouble. All terrain tires would help but no substitute for more wheels pulling.
Sponsored