Sponsored

Can the Maverick Hybrid hit 260HP? Lincoln figured out a way to do it...

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A PHEV would be the most practical, but theoretically you could just put a bigger / more powerful battery in a Maverick HEV and get more HP out of the motor. You'd just get worse gas mileage because you'd have to run the engine more to keep it charged.
My question was about the Corsair, with its greater hp. The poster didnā€™t say what kind of hybrid is was.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question was about the Corsair, with its greater hp. The poster didnā€™t say what kind of hybrid is was.
Ah. It's almost certainly a PHEV if it has a 14kWh battery.

OP
OP
Dallas Maverick

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Overrated issue. My duratec 2.0 looked spotless when I opened it up at 150k to replace the $15 vvt solenoids. Synthetic oil every 10-15k miles and past 6k rpms at least once per week may have helped? I wouldn't shy away from a Ford DI engine.

Only thing that annoyed me was that it seems like they could have easily designed the solenoids for replacement without removing the valve cover. Would have made it a 2 minute job instead of close to an hour.
I had a 2012 Focus. Never had any issues with my DI 2.0L up until the time I sold it with 83k on the odometer. Also did mostly highway miles. I think any engine that is driven mostly around the city without getting the revs up on the highway for extended periods of time, have more issues.
But with the addition of a turbo on the 2.0L (or any engine for that matter), the engine is going to have hotter cylinder/valve temps from the turbocharging and more potential to get carbon deposits getting baked on to the valves.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick front wheel drive hybrid Maverick produces as much torque as the drive train can handle safely. I am patiently waiting for an AWD implementation. It is interesting that it may require a bigger battery.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick front wheel drive hybrid Maverick produces as much torque as the drive train can handle safely. I am patiently waiting for an AWD implementation. It is interesting that it may require a bigger battery.
My wifeā€™s hybrid RAV4 is AWD, and it has a 1.6 kWh battery, so Iā€™m guessing an AWD Mav hybrid would need a similar size battery. That, and the extra motor, would force a pretty hefty price increase.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll let Ford figure it out. They did alright with Maverick. I do miss AWD but not enough to give up 38 mpg. I'd even give up a little power (don't quote me) to get all four wheels going.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I drop my spare, I might have room for an upgrade! šŸ˜‰
I have lariat first edition. I looked under mine and their not only does it appear to have room in front of the spare for an electric motor placed crossways to the bed with axle shafts protruding towards each wheel on the drivers side there is (get ready for this = "drum roll") an orange high voltage harness with what appears to be a return line going back towards the front of truck. I envision this connection (see picture) as being unplugged from each other and then being plugged each into a rear motor. Most likely ready for and installation with the return part of the harness handling the Regen current.
Ford Maverick Can the Maverick Hybrid hit 260HP?  Lincoln figured out a way to do it... IMG_20220721_191015

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would consider that the AWD maverick was postponed due to the 1.1kw battery not being able to accept the additional regen braking current and/or the 1.4kw battery not being available. Since they originally were taking hybrid AWD orders probably the latter.
Sponsored