First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Proof that Maverick was supposed to have or will have fog lights in the future.
Rear fog lights are required on all vehicles in the UK. It's not sold there now but instead of re-making the dash they include the place marker for the lights "just in case". This is true for many brands that are available in the UK. I could be wrong but I've seen this on many cars that I've owned without factory fog lights.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've also seen that symbol on vehicles with factory "driving lights". I have it on my Jeep GC and the lights are below the bumper and project a different wavelength of white light, as opposed to traditional Yellow fog lights.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick is reusing a bunch of components from other vehicles. Bronco Sport has fog lights, so that's probably why Maverick instrument panel has a fog light indicator. The indicator is probably wired up, so if Forscan can tell the Maverick it has fog lights that might make be able to drive some.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is reusing a bunch of components from other vehicles.
Right. The Maverick is a parts-bin truck. Designed quickly and utilizing shared components as much as possible. Doesn't mean someone won't figure out some Forscan magic.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right. The Maverick is a parts-bin truck. Designed quickly and utilizing shared components as much as possible. Doesn't mean someone won't figure out some Forscan magic.
Let's hope (y)

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
doubt it was designed quickly. Inferring that is an insult to all the engineers who worked on the Maverick.

It was designed responsibly and efficiently. Only logical to re-use parts for different models rather than re-invent the wheel for every model driving up the costs on vehicles to the point where nobody can afford them.

This IPC is probably used on 50 different models worldwide.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
doubt it was designed quickly. Inferring that is an insult to all the engineers who worked on the Maverick.

It was designed responsibly and efficiently. Only logical to re-use parts for different models rather than re-invent the wheel for every model driving up the costs on vehicles to the point where nobody can afford them.

I didn't say anything about irresponsibility or inefficiency, and I sure as hell didn't insult any engineers. Quite the contrary.

Had you been attentive to the Maverick last summer, you couldn't have missed it.
There were several interviews and a Ford documentary on how they did this design totally different than any other in Ford's history. Kept the teams together and fast-tracked to get it to the market first and secretly.

Here's a key quote:

Initially, our team identified several opportunities to accelerate new product development by six to eight weeks. We were talking about 10% improvement, but what we needed was 10x improvement. That’s when we shifted to more divergent thinking and set our stretch ambition to create Maverick. We knew we had to be able to keep pace with the software and connectivity technologies that are increasingly driving the auto industry. So we started with the question, “How might we develop hardware at the speed of software?”

I didn't dig up the videos, but there are several articles:

https://deloitte.wsj.com/articles/ford-disrupts-product-development-for-a-new-era-01623697329

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/2022-ford-maverick-development-sped-up-by-ditching-formality/

Last edited:

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's possible one of those will light up if you turn off the daytime running lights.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I interpreted 'quickly' to mean relative to how long new vehicle development would normally take. Ford engineers have pretty much admitted this was a fast track development. So quickly seems appropriate and doesn't necessarily mean it is negative in any way. But I also get how someone could interpret seeing quickly to mean something negative, as it is often associated with comments about poor quality being rushed and all.

Context is everything in the English language.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't need them if you have a Lariat with LED's. I've never had such bright white headlights.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't need them if you have a Lariat with LED's. I've never had such bright white headlights.
I agree. The Maverick has such low and wide coverage from their LED headlights, it covers all the ground area that OEM driving lights would ordinarily cover. But all the trims have the same headlights. The only Lariat distinctive is DRL's.

But I still want the fogs for the look. I hate the hatched blanks net to my tow hooks. Looks like I'm missing something. Especially if they can be amber, because then they can actually help in the fog though the headlights.

But I want something that looks OEM. Not just some square housed circular LED's. And I really want to use OEM fog switches to control whatever I put there.

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I didn't say anything about irresponsibility or inefficiency, and I sure as hell didn't insult any engineers. Quite the contrary.

Had you been attentive to the Maverick last summer, you couldn't have missed it.
There were several interviews and a Ford documentary on how they did this design totally different than any other in Ford's history. Kept the teams together and fast-tracked to get it to the market first and secretly.

Here's a key quote:

Initially, our team identified several opportunities to accelerate new product development by six to eight weeks. We were talking about 10% improvement, but what we needed was 10x improvement. That’s when we shifted to more divergent thinking and set our stretch ambition to create Maverick. We knew we had to be able to keep pace with the software and connectivity technologies that are increasingly driving the auto industry. So we started with the question, “How might we develop hardware at the speed of software?”

I didn't dig up the videos, but there are several articles:

https://deloitte.wsj.com/articles/ford-disrupts-product-development-for-a-new-era-01623697329

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/2022-ford-maverick-development-sped-up-by-ditching-formality/
That was my opinion. Didn't say you said that. Appreciate the links as I did misinterpret your message.

Jasper6144

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Ford brags that this was one of the fastest designs that they have had in modern history.....to say so isn't an insult at all.
Sponsored