First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick is reusing a bunch of components from other vehicles. Bronco Sport has fog lights, so that's probably why Maverick instrument panel has a fog light indicator. The indicator is probably wired up, so if Forscan can tell the Maverick it has fog lights that might make be able to drive some.
Ya this is what i was going to say. All the generic photo is proof of is that the maverick shares a tacometer with a vehicle that has fog lights lol
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I'm waiting for the fog light kits to be developed...as I think they'll look much better than blank..
If not, it's dermal time and fab up some brackets for tow hooks. MrBoom has some good video showing the factory brackets for the tow hooks.

Any decent welder can fab up some brackets (the missing part shown in MrBoom video) quick.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure the Mav needs fogs. Sits pretty low

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is reusing a bunch of components from other vehicles. Bronco Sport has fog lights, so that's probably why Maverick instrument panel has a fog light indicator.
Wrong location for the Bronco. Escape perhaps?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My executive assistant informed me that the correct term is "modular".
When I leaned into my speaker with a request for my personal assistant ... that asked me if I wanted fries with that.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Proof that Maverick was supposed to have or will have fog lights in the future.

Screenshot_20220212-081656_Gallery.jpg
Next time you get inside your Maverick pay attention to the Ford Maverick graphic on your instrument panel. It has fog lights. So, either they intended fogs, changed their minds and neglected to inform instrument design people, or same people just assumed fogs would be forthcoming. Best would be that fogs are planned for future versions.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
doubt it was designed quickly. Inferring that is an insult to all the engineers who worked on the Maverick.

It was designed responsibly and efficiently. Only logical to re-use parts for different models rather than re-invent the wheel for every model driving up the costs on vehicles to the point where nobody can afford them.

This IPC is probably used on 50 different models worldwide.
The design process for the Maverick was quicker. Ford did this on purpose and said so. The design process was done more quickly and efficiently than any other Truck they have built. Watch some of the Maverick Planning and Design videos on the internet. I have watched many, since I have soooo much time while waiting for my Maverick. No offense to engineers here. The planning, design, and implementation shows how tweaking the whole process can get the job done faster with the same great results. I applaud the Ford Maverick Team!

Reactions: Dad

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next time you get inside your Maverick pay attention to the Ford Maverick graphic on your instrument panel. It has fog lights. So, either they intended fogs, changed their minds and neglected to inform instrument design people, or same people just assumed fogs would be forthcoming. Best would be that fogs are planned for future versions.
Same exact instrument cluster in some trim levels Bronco Sport and Escape.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact instrument cluster in some trim levels Bronco Sport and Escape.
I'm not surprised and I applaud Ford for using parts cross platform. Hopefully, my point about how the Maverick graphic is showing fog lights was not lost on you. Were you able to see what looked like fog lights on that graphic?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not surprised and I applaud Ford for using parts cross platform. Hopefully, my point about how the Maverick graphic is showing fog lights was not lost on you. Were you able to see what looked like fog lights on that graphic?
For certain. Not lost on me. I see it. I get your point. And I am not disagreeing. It's just that the indicator lights might be there from other models. Or it might be from some other Maverick plan that changed. I do not know definitively.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For certain. Not lost on me. I see it. I get your point. And I am not disagreeing. It's just that the indicator lights might be there from other models. Or it might be from some other Maverick plan that changed. I do not know definitively.
Oh. My apologies. I shouldn't have replied to a post that had a photo of the indicator lights. I did not intend for that photo to be part of my fog light comment. I totally agree that indicator could be from anywhere and doesn't prove anything. Thank you for helping me to clarify my own posting abilities. :)
Sponsored