Sponsored

Maverick Demographics with Poll

What's your age, living area type, first time buyer or not and intentions for use of the Maverick.

• 20-24

• 25-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-49

• 50-54

• 55-59

• 60-64

• 65-69

• 70-74

• 75-79

• 80+

• City dweller

• Subburbanite

• Rural Country folk

• Owned a Ford before

• First time Ford buyer

• Owned a truck before

• First time truck buyer

• Plan on using the Maverick mostly as a daily commuter but just want the utility of a truck whenever.

• Plan on using the Maverick to do truck things les than 10 times a year

• Plan on using the Maverick to do truck things 11-20 times a year

• Plan on using the Maverick to do truck things more then 20 times a year

• Still working, haave some time before retirement

• Almost to retirement

• Retired

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for your effort. This will be. Interesting to follow. It looks like old guys are ahead for now.

under 35 are 16%
over 65 yo 81 are 24%
all others are 60%

In my estimate the over 35 are more interested in this truck than the under very active 35, urban activity starved go getters at this point. Now we have a small sample size of 448 out of the potential 65.000 sold which includes the fleet sales. I assume Ford has this demographic data and hopefully they adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your effort. This will be. Interesting to follow. It looks like old guys are ahead for now.
I resemble that remark :ROFLMAO:

66 here

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I resemble that remark!

I suspect the youngsters will be chiming in after work.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting data. I really think Ford underestimated the demographics that would be attracted to the Maverick.

I'm small town guy in my early 50s, I really think they were looking at a younger crowd, possibly first time new car buyers.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting data. I really think Ford underestimated the demographics that would be attracted to the Maverick.

I'm small town guy in my early 50s, I really think they were looking at a younger crowd, possibly first time new car buyers.
Yeah, The kids want flash and zoom. Us older guys want practical and utility.

MaverickHopefulOwner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting Poll.

Seems I'm in the majority for all the categories. I'm 52, buying the Maverick because it is the right combination of function and gas mileage. I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited now.

So, in some ways I am stepping down. But overall, it's just what I need for years to come. I can afford to buy an F150 or Sierra, but don't need that, I don't to pay that and I don't want the same 15MPG I get with my current SUV.

Oh, and I don't want a full electric anything. Not today or for the next 5+ years. I'd have to spend close to 15K to upgrade the electrical system in my house to charge it in a reasonable amount of time.

MaverickMunky

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Expedition
I'm 24 and this would be the first car I buy myself living in a small city (~30000). Liked the Maverick because it was cheap for a new car, gave me the truck utility I liked and the mpg I needed coming from a 2003 Ford Expedition in California. With my order almost certainly being moved to 2023 I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford it anymore with cost of living increasing and other things to save for, especially if they increase my price and interest rate (Currently $25888 hoping for 1.9 for 60). I think Ford nailed this truck for people like me as well as older folks, just sucks everything's getting so pricy.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

disagree. They were after multiple age groups and customer preferences; including 1st time truck buyers, low entry level buyers-despite it being "a truck", former compact truck owners who were ready for another 1, women, high economy seekers, hybrid fans, and more. Casting a really wide net here. Ford has published buyer demographics if you search for them...

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
disagree. They were after multiple age groups and customer preferences; including 1st time truck buyers, low entry level buyers-despite it being "a truck", former compact truck owners who were ready for another 1, women, high economy seekers, hybrid fans, and more. Casting a really wide net here. Ford has published buyer demographics if you search for them...
Thanks for that information

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm one of the old guys (71 and retired). I missed my old small pickups (Nissan) and found what I was looking for in the Maverick. Perfect for my daily commute and hauling some Home Depot type supplies and fishing gear.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a way to make this a semi perm site on the club site.

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen quite a few Mavericks around the Richmond VA area. From what I can tell none of the drivers were under 50.
Sponsored