Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
I don't have a crystal ball but I'd be shocked if the pricing on the mav remains that low.

The tax rebates or maybe tax refunds are going up to 12,500 for union made in the USA.
If that actually passes Congress in refundable credit form, it probably changes my reservation over to the fleet-model F-150 Lightning.
Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it's fantastic how we are looking to the Future that's how you stay number one but from me right now I would just settle on getting my hybrid in a reasonable amount of time I guess I'm one of the lucky ones I've only been waiting since the beginning of August there's other people I have been waiting a lot longer than me I guess I'll just hang in there with them and hope Santa doesn't come too late 🌲

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no expectation that the base price for the entire Mav line will remain as reasonable as 2022. At least an incremental price increase even without inflation looming. Any cool improvement, like the AWD Hybrid will also break out of the loss leader category.
Cynical pessimist, optimistically waiting to get scheduled.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Folks who think a hybrid AWD version is coming next year will be greatly disappointed.

Leadphinger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (SOLD)
Regarding Plug in and full electric- At this time, there are no plans for an all-electric or plug-in hybrid version. As Ford drives down the cost to deliver fully electric vehicles, Maverick could be a great candidate for full electrification.
This demonstrates a level of stupidity from Ford that's pretty hard to ignore. Failing to make an electric version on a platform that was engineered from the start to accommodate it is exactly why Tesla and Rivian will continue to gobble up market share while Ford struggles to cobble together 'me too' products.

I do not want another ICE vehicle.

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This demonstrates a level of stupidity from Ford that's pretty hard to ignore. Failing to make an electric version on a platform that was engineered from the start to accommodate it is exactly why Tesla and Rivian will continue to gobble up market share while Ford struggles to cobble together 'me too' products.

The C2 Platform was not designed to accommodate BEVs, not sure where you're getting this from. Ford's electric vehicle platforms are GE1, and the MEB collaboration with Volkswagen.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The AWD Maverick Hybrid will need a Traction Motor for the rear wheels and a second High Voltage and/or a much bigger single one to handle the additional power needed in AWD mode.

That will raise the price upward by a wild guess of $2,500+.

Would you still be interested if that happened?
Ayup, that's the upgrade price to 2.0T AWD

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I see it as Ford being smart. Tesla and Rivian are doing all the R&D and making all the noob mistakes. All Ford has to do is wait a few years and see how things shake out, then come to market with a truck that avoids the issues. Ford has a huge advantage in that they have vast experience and will be able to bring something to market faster and cheaper than either Tesla or Rivian.

I would be surprised if their engineering dept doesn't already have a design in the can, waiting for refinement and to see what the market really wants.

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The used car demand was increased this year (not necessarily unusual) by over 400k cars suffering freeze and flood damage alone. What will you pay for 1-3 cars if you had to have replacements to live? My son had one car totaled by hail, one new telluride $13+k hail damage taking 3+ months to repair mainly do to parts lack of availability with rent car during that time and one frontier pickup with about $7k hail damage waiting 8 months for body shop.
Car dealers here are putting up permanent hail covers over their (empty) lots. $20k would go a long way on the materials for a carport.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car dealers here are putting up permanent hail covers over their (empty) lots. $20k would go a long way on the materials for a carport.
I saw one dealer (I think it was in San Antonio) who had (if I remember right) had a three story large concrete parking building. The covers help shade the cars as well and people will shop for cars there in hot weather or in snow times as well.

Sponsored

OldMan57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I wish Ford a had a Maverick truck (PHEV) Plug-in Hybrid option. I had a 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Platinum PHEV and it got 40-46 MPG without plugging it in. The larger PHEV battery would have gotten you a lot better MPG, with gas being $3 a gallon, that's a big long-term savings. Not to mention the $7,500 income tax savings for PHEV, which would have really reduces its purchase price. The current hybrid Maverick truck should be perfect if you don't tow or haul large amounts. If you are over 50, the size and height are great, easy to get in and out of and to reach into. I'm turning 65 and have a Lariat with all the safety options on order and hope to see it this month. I'm hoping it will be a Hi-Tech, safe, comfortable, small truck for my wife and I to drive with our three grandkids.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely. Still undercuts the next cheapest awd hybrid by thousands.
Is there a AWD hybrid at this point? Are you talking about Toyota Tacoma AWD hybrid? A Tacoma hybrid is different than an AWD Taco hybrid.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had a 2012 escape hybrid for 10 years, so I don't feel like an early adopter now, its like the fourth generation or something.
Yes. Ford has earned their hybrid chops for over a decade. The Ford Cmax Hybrid was/is another great hybrid vehicle. (I had a 2016 Cmax I bought used for 3 years.) The Maverick hybrid builds on this tradition (at least thats my hope). And is it not amazing that a boxy pickup, which is not exactly small, can get 40 mpg’s?

Last edited:

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there a AWD hybrid at this point? Are you talking about Toyota Tacoma AWD hybrid? A Tacoma hybrid is different than an AWD Taco hybrid.
Are you mixing up AWD vs 4x4? Toyota and Ford both have several AWD hybrids. RAV4 Hybrid is AWD, there is an AWD Prius, AWD Ford Escape Hybrid, and so on.
Sponsored