First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first truck was a 1994 Chevy S10 regular cab, my second truck was an 01' Ranger Edge, my third truck was an 07' Ranger XLT with the suicide doors and my current ride is an 01' Mazda B2500 Regular cab... I am so happy I held out long enough to see a small lite duty truck come back instead of biting the bullet on a bigger/more expensive pick up.

If the effort Ford has put into developing the Maverick are reflected in the tangible product this truck will 100% be a cult classic. I plan on driving mine for the next twenty years!
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fall into that 50 something year old range. I tend to special order vehicles I like, and keep them forever. I have a 94 silverado I bought new and customized. Still have it, a 2007 mustang GT I bought new, and customized, still have it too, and was looking for a replacement for my daily driver 2008 chevy HHR. I restore old cars as a hobby.

The Maverick popped up while searching the net. It ticked all the boxes for me. The towing and hauling capacity fits just what I need in a daily driver, plus it doesnt look goofy like some hybrid cars look, or have that planet bizzaro looking styling that imports have. It looks just like an honest American pickup truck. Its payload capacity is perfect for when I need to run V8 engine blocks to the machine shop or haul boxes of parts i have sold to UPS. Towing capacity is fantastic for the light utility trailer I have.

The AWD is perfect for the crazy ice and snow storms the Texas panhandle is known for. I am hoping this will be another forever vehicle in my stable like my 94 silverado, 07 mustang GT, and my 67 and 69 barracudas.

All I am waiting on is a dealer call back that one is there that I can sit in and see how well I fit in it, and eyeball the bed size in person. If it works out, i will be getting an XLT ecoboost 2.0 AWD in either the bright blue, or the light grey.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fall into that 50 something year old range. I tend to special order vehicles I like, and keep them forever. I have a 94 silverado I bought new and customized. Still have it, a 2007 mustang GT I bought new, and customized, still have it too, and was looking for a replacement for my daily driver 2008 chevy HHR. I restore old cars as a hobby.

The Maverick popped up while searching the net. It ticked all the boxes for me. The towing and hauling capacity fits just what I need in a daily driver, plus it doesnt look goofy like some hybrid cars look, or have that planet bizzaro looking styling that imports have. It looks just like an honest American pickup truck. Its payload capacity is perfect for when I need to run V8 engine blocks to the machine shop or haul boxes of parts i have sold to UPS. Towing capacity is fantastic for the light utility trailer I have.

The AWD is perfect for the crazy ice and snow storms the Texas panhandle is known for. I am hoping this will be another forever vehicle in my stable like my 94 silverado, 07 mustang GT, and my 67 and 69 barracudas.

All I am waiting on is a dealer call back that one is there that I can sit in and see how well I fit in it, and eyeball the bed size in person. If it works out, i will be getting an XLT ecoboost 2.0 AWD in either the bright blue, or the light grey.
Almost in the same boat here, not quite hitting that 40 mark yet, but both my vehicles are paid off (2009 370Z and a 96 civic) and I’m in the market for something a little more useful that still gets at least decent fuel economy. Still not quite sure if I’m gonna let go of either of my vehicles, but they’re still both in excellent shape mechanically so I kinda look at it this way, if the maverick I ordered shows up and the dealer tries to pull some screwy stuff with the financing it just leaves me with all the power to just walk away without feeling like I’m losing out on anything and I can just wait around till the dealers aren’t being shady with their financing

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost in the same boat here, not quite hitting that 40 mark yet, but both my vehicles are paid off (2009 370Z and a 96 civic) and I’m in the market for something a little more useful that still gets at least decent fuel economy. Still not quite sure if I’m gonna let go of either of my vehicles, but they’re still both in excellent shape mechanically so I kinda look at it this way, if the maverick I ordered shows up and the dealer tries to pull some screwy stuff with the financing it just leaves me with all the power to just walk away without feeling like I’m losing out on anything and I can just wait around till the dealers aren’t being shady with their financing
If you can put down enough to handle paying it off in 36 months, I did a virtual maverick XLT build up on ford.com website , and at the very bottom you can click either lease or finance. it showed 0% financing on a 36 month loan, and 1.9% financing on 48 months. I plan on putting a decent chunk down plus my trade in. Honestly, my credit union cant beat the 1.9% and 0% well that's a no brainer. The good news is as long as it's taking ford to make these special orders, you can save more for a down payment, and make your monthly payments a lot less.

Last edited:

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you can put down enough to handle paying it off in 36 months, I did a virtual maverick XLT build up on ford.com website , and at the very bottom you can click either lease or finance. it showed 0% financing on a 36 month loan, and 1.9% financing on 48 months. I plan on putting a decent chunk down plus my trade in. Honestly, my credit union cant beat the 1.9% and 0% well that's a no brainer. The good news is as long as it's taking ford to make these special orders, you can save more for a down payment, and make your monthly payments a lot less.
Planning on putting down somewhere between 20-25%, i meant more on the lines of dealer mark ups as far as financing goes to be more clear, not saying they will as my dealer has been pretty up front with me so far, but with all the stories going around these forums about dealers screwing people over at the last minute I’m going to just keep my guard up till I’m sure my dealer is gonna honor the price I signed paperwork for.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I hear, the dealers are honoring the price if you order it online, and 48 month financing is actually 0.9% which is still a heck of a deal.

Thinking of maybe upping to the lariat package.
Sponsored