First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are both fairly comparable products from a durability standpoint. Bullet gets some basic UV protection in its base level option, while Line-X requires you to upsell into their premium options for UV protection.

I would base my decision on how many/close the installers are in your area and price between the two.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Line X seems to be more reputable. I don’t care who founded bullet. If you need service where are the bullet service centers? I know of 6 line x dealers within 3 hours who only do line x. I found two vendors that applied bullet liners as a 3rd party and just a small part of their business.

Sponsored

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Line X seems to be more reputable. I don’t care who founded bullet. If you need service where are the bullet service centers? I know of 6 line x dealers within 3 hours who only do line x. I found two vendors that applied bullet liners as a 3rd party and just a small part of their business.

More reputable based on what?

Appreciate you sharing the fact that you don't care who founded Bullet. I wasn't recommending a purchase decision based on founder, but addressing a question of where Bullet originated from.

Bullet has dealers in most states across the US, not as many as Line-X, sure.
Ford Maverick Line-X vs Bullet spray in bedliner? bullet liner dealers

Frankly, there's info online hinting that the initial creator of Line X recently sold his share, refined the process, and then started Bullet. Check this video: (disclosure that it was produced by Bullet)

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More reputable based on what?

Appreciate you sharing the fact that you don't care who founded Bullet. I wasn't recommending a purchase decision based on founder, but addressing a question of where Bullet originated from.

Bullet has dealers in most states across the US, not as many as Line-X, sure.
bullet liner dealers.png

Frankly, there's info online hinting that the initial creator of Line X recently sold his share, refined the process, and then started Bullet. Check this video: (disclosure that it was produced by Bullet)
My comment wasn’t an attack on you. I keep seeing that thrown out as a reason the liner should be used.

How many of those are actually Bullett vendors only? I’ve messaged the vendors in my area and received no response. Line X got back to me within 12 hours. These vendors don’t have bullet in their titles, and I suspect service will be much harder to get accomplished. Not to mention quality control could be lacking. I may be wrong but I hate dealing with third parties. Heck don’t even know if they will be around in a few years to honor the warranty.….
Ford Maverick Line-X vs Bullet spray in bedliner? 94EA79B6-D404-4D89-A7E5-C9D12F7B0231
Ford Maverick Line-X vs Bullet spray in bedliner? 125825DA-6B8B-4515-B734-39E7FD45CE35
Ford Maverick Line-X vs Bullet spray in bedliner? B2A297C7-ED33-4B30-A5A0-27EF055DBC5F
Ford Maverick Line-X vs Bullet spray in bedliner? A9EF6F14-A116-46CD-B6D8-C7A2600CFD65

Last edited:

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hadn't heard of Bullet Linings until recently (to be fair I haven't had a truck in a while) - I just checked and the nearest Bullet Dealer is 2 hours away, LineX is 30 minutes. I'm supposedly in under the wire for a factory spray-in liner, but if they give me the option I'd likely go LineX.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are folks paying for the spray ins??

Sponsored

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are folks paying for the spray ins??
Mine was $575 for Bullet a month ago. That seemed a bit on the high side, but chemical supply issues for spray liners are starting to hit. Even at that cost I'm completely happy with it.

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a quote for $550 for bullet. Haven't gotten a line x quote yet.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Line X once you get there charges you more for improved UV protection, Bullet includes this in their one product. There are two reason that the principal founder of Line X left the company, the business practices and to create a better product. Hard to research this issue, but when you do Bullet is the correct choice.
Sponsored

Last edited: