yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m getting a Line-X SIBL done on Tuesday. My options are $450 for regular or $550 for UV protection. Do you know which product you got?
I think mine is just the regular one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DangerZone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cause I dropped the Lux package, I have to find a place to do the SIBL. I got one shop recommended by a forum member(Frank, thank you). The Line-X shop is 30 mins from my home. And I got it done this morning. I'm very satisfied with the result. They cover most of the bed, even under the rear windows.
20230126_102516.jpg

20230126_102521.jpg

20230126_102530.jpg

20230126_102533.jpg
Nice job. I got color matched line-X on my Oxford White Maverick-so the bed still looks white.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello! Looks great! I dropped the lux package also and planning to get the SIBL at a Local Line-X. I think after seeing your pictures I know I'm making a good decision. Going to wait for a month or two for the MIchigan winter to let up. I won't be hauling anything in the back until spring.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I assume many have seen it, but if not, here is a pic of the factory SIBL and you can easily see that some of the areas on the tailgate and near it are not nearly as well protected as line-x. I also believe that it's a less durable finish, kind of rubberized and not that hard to gouge or scrape out a chunk of rubbery material. If I have my truck a long time I might eventually replace the factory SIBL with Line-X, but really why I was commenting was to add another vote for skipping factory and getting Line-X, Rhino Lining, etc. This can save you a month on your build time, also. A truck comes down the line and goes offsite from the factory to get bed rails (which you can't avoid in some packages) and SIBL (which you can safely skip now that it's no longer included in Lariat).

Oh, also, this pic is a screengrab from a video of the DeeZee tailgate damper. Definitely recommend getting one of those. (y)

Ford Maverick I'm satisfied with the Line-X SIBL spray-in bedliner. PXL_20230122_201218699.TS_exported_4471_1674526205507

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello! Looks great! I dropped the lux package also and planning to get the SIBL at a Local Line-X. I think after seeing your pictures I know I'm making a good decision. Going to wait for a month or two for the MIchigan winter to let up. I won't be hauling anything in the back until spring.
Being that it is -2 F here this morning, I dropped mine off yesterday at my local Line-X shop, so they could bring it in the shop overnight for spraying this morning. It will be interesting to see if these temps cause any problems afterwards.

HRG

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing. Looks great!
My converted 22 order is in production. I will have the SIBL done before I take delivery. We have a Line-X here in town that my dealership farms out too.
The same for me. However, I'm choosing to not have the dealer "farm" it out. The dealership charges $100 more than if I took the truck to LineX myself. So after I get my Maverick I'll take it in to LineX and have them do their magic. I"ll have to leave it there for the whole day and will need to go through the hassle of getting a ride back and forth to their facility. But I'll save $100.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It took them nearly 2 hours.
Wow. Seems pretty quick. My LineX dealer said they need a full day to complete. I saw a video from the LineX company on how they do their work. From what I saw in the video, yes a full day should be required. There is a lot of prep and detail work that takes a lot of time. Better check on that 2 hour window. Must not be "LineX" and some other company. I'd be concerned about that 2 hour window.

Murf_85

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being that it is -2 F here this morning, I dropped mine off yesterday at my local Line-X shop, so they could bring it in the shop overnight for spraying this morning. It will be interesting to see if these temps cause any problems afterwards.

HRG
-13 F here this morning in beautiful central MN. Windchill has it down to -23 F. I am wondering the same thing.

Murf_85

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The same for me. However, I'm choosing to not have the dealer "farm" it out. The dealership charges $100 more than if I took the truck to LineX myself. So after I get my Maverick I'll take it in to LineX and have them do their magic. I"ll have to leave it there for the whole day and will need to go through the hassle of getting a ride back and forth to their facility. But I'll save $100.
Good point. I appreciate the reply. I will call Line-X and see. Thanks

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow. Seems pretty quick. My LineX dealer said they need a full day to complete. I saw a video from the LineX company on how they do their work. From what I saw in the video, yes a full day should be required. There is a lot of prep and detail work that takes a lot of time. Better check on that 2 hour window. Must not be "LineX" and some other company. I'd be concerned about that 2 hour window.
didn't notice that before, but I agree with your concern.

they have to unbolt all the hardware like tie-downs and either remove or mask the plastic cubby covers. then they rough up the paint; not a full removal, but it's scratched up a lot to get better adhesion for the liner. (side note: I think the factory SIBL skips this step. I could be wrong.)

I wouldn't bet against someone doing that in 2 hours, but it would be surprising. I do think 4+ is typical, that's why this type of lining costs ~$500 to apply. :)

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great info in this thread. I thought about adding back on to my order but decided not to potentially screw things up. Looking forward to having this done in March or April when I get my truck.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
didn't notice that before, but I agree with your concern.

they have to unbolt all the hardware like tie-downs and either remove or mask the plastic cubby covers. then they rough up the paint; not a full removal, but it's scratched up a lot to get better adhesion for the liner. (side note: I think the factory SIBL skips this step. I could be wrong.)

I wouldn't bet against someone doing that in 2 hours, but it would be surprising. I do think 4+ is typical, that's why this type of lining costs ~$500 to apply. :)
I heard that too about factory spray in liner not getting the beds paint ruffed up. Some place on this forum a member who has the factory spray in liner is seeing areas where the spray in material is bubbling up and a section not adhering to the surface. Dealer is going to take care of it of course, but the point being ruffing up the surface is necessary for the material to adhere to the bed. I dropped my factory spray in liner because of it being a constrained item. After reading about what I just described above, I’m glad I dropped the factory liner. LineX cost more, but well worth it.

Lucky B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mercedes C Class and a 2022 Maverick EB, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the Line-X SIBL done in Fredericksburg, VA and really am pleased with it. It was arranged by the Ford dealer and I received Ford Pass points. It only took a couple hours in the morning to get it done. It was $495.
Sponsored