AF Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

DIY - cut mat/outdoor carpet to fit tailgate?

Do you still have Ford Points?
SPRING15 is current 15% off code .. there was a 20% off code a few days ago.
Ford Maverick Spray in bedliner vs tailgate liner kit 1681347670868
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Trying to determine whether or not I should buy the tailgate liner kit. Currently I do not have a spray in bed liner. I do have a horse mat that is cut to fit in the bed, but that's it.

When getting a spray in bedliner, does that usually include the tailgate? If it does, would it be cheaper to forego the tailgate spray in and buy the tailgate liner kit instead ($75)?

Screenshot_20230411-232739__01.jpg
I have the spray-on, which I like, and that included the tailgate. Get the tailgate kit for now and if you ever get the spray-on you and put the cover over that and keep it pristine.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23340

I have the spray-on, which I like, and that included the tailgate. Get the tailgate kit for now and if you ever get the spray-on you and put the cover over that and keep it pristine.
That's a possibility.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23340

DIY - cut mat/outdoor carpet to fit tailgate?

Do you still have Ford Points?
SPRING15 is current 15% off code .. there was a 20% off code a few days ago.
1681347670868.png
Yeah I still have my points. I will check it out. Not sure if I need to buy it if I already have a horse mat. Only improvement would be sidewall protection. We shall see, thanks for the idea

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What does the forum think about BedRug as an alternative to to a SIBL or DIBL?

Sponsored

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree that it's a costly mod. Other benefits are that it improves the appearance and gives significant sound deadening. You can also get it in any color you want.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a ford bed mat and a tailgate liner both using ford points. For the sides I use a big piece of tarp from Costco. I don’t do construction and the only things going into the bed are groceries and baby stroller. I was considering a spray in but the cost vs what I use the bed for isn’t worth it to me

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a ford bed mat and a tailgate liner both using ford points. For the sides I use a big piece of tarp from Costco. I don’t do construction and the only things going into the bed are groceries and baby stroller. I was considering a spray in but the cost vs what I use the bed for isn’t worth it to me
Same here. Ford bed mat and tailgate liner. The tailgate liner removes the metal plate from tailgate. Kinda chessy. Because of that, doesn't make much sense to spray the tailgate AND have the plastic liner. I'd say either-or. I'm a fan of the painted bed, can always spray later. My door jam says 1500 lbs payload because of the naked bed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 23340

Same here .. Minus the tarp. I use a horsemat instead of a rug though

OP
OP

Deleted member 23340

Can you elaborate on why you don't like the bedrug? I was planning on going this route.
Not thick enough to be cushiony, if it gets wet or left in weather, it can easily mildew and stink. Personally don't think they look good. I currently use a black horse mat cut to fit that's an inch and a half thick, pads me well for my knees and anything heavy. Removable if needed.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not thick enough to be cushiony, if it gets wet or left in weather, it can easily mildew and stink. Personally don't think they look good. I currently use a black horse mat cut to fit that's an inch and a half thick, pads me well for my knees and anything heavy. Removable if needed.
Ha! This guy's is in Vegas and he wants to avoid moisture in the rug. I agree, that's why I got the rubber Ford bed mat. I also ordered a camper bed top with no carpet liner. I'll be able to hose it all down with no issue.

Regarding the original question, it would be nice to have the tailgate spray lined vs the plastic tailgate protector. So the rest of the bed is still painted besides the tailgate and then drop in the rubber bed mat. That's what I would do if I could start over.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23340

Ha! This guy's is in Vegas and he wants to avoid moisture in the rug. I agree, that's why I got the rubber Ford bed mat. I also ordered a camper bed top with no carpet liner. I'll be able to hose it all down with no issue.

Regarding the original question, it would be nice to have the tailgate spray lined vs the plastic tailgate protector. So the rest of the bed is still painted besides the tailgate and then drop in the rubber bed mat. That's what I would do if I could start over.
Maybe you're not aware but it snows and rains a lot in the mountain areas.. so yeah, moisture. Sure it's not as bad as other states, but still happens. Also, car washes are going to soak that carpet every time.

The rubber mat is a better option especially for hosing it down. I would suggest going to tractor supply or somewhere like that instead of Ford, it would be cheaper. Mine was $47.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the "thin-ness" of the "eco safe" paint nowadays, I didn't put ANYTHING into the bed before getting it sprayed- any scratches could start the rust process, and I hope Mav serves our family for a long long time.
Sponsored