First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently installed a R C leveling kit (1" front lift). I like the stance. It still has about .25" rake, which is good when hauling/towing. I feel like the mod has improved the handling characteristics of the truck. However, it also seems to have made the front suspension stiffer and louder when encountering bumps. I wonder if anyone else has had that experience? I don't know how that could be, as the mod is just spacers on top of the strut towers.
I read other owners did not like R C kits. I believe they used H R G kits. Check out other brands. No doubt they cost a little more but worth it for a better ride.
Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay. I wouldn't have thought that due to having less travel. Glad you like your ride.
The Maverick has about 8" of suspension travel stock. Yes, lowering typically reduces that travel and in the case of the Eibach and H&R lowering springs this is true. Of 8" of suspension travel how much are you utilizing? Maybe 3"?

Being lowered it's probably obvious that I don't intend on taking it off of any sweet jumps or anywhere more technical than a dirt road. It's a lowered truck, it stays on the street and occasionally a dirt road when I'm hunting or hiking.

I have a lifted Jeep Rubicon on 37's for off roading and rock crawling. I have a Duramax to haul my boats and hot rod trailer. I have hot rods for other reasons. I have a sand rail for Sand Hollow, Glamis and Pismo.

The Maverick OBVIOUSLY was never designed to fit every need. Mine fits MY needs lowered. The suspension travel, even though lowered, is absolutely adequate for what I need it for. It does not ride rough, firm, harsh or bouncy. The performance/handling gains absolutely come from the tires and lowered center of gravity. Just because you don't understand suspension geometry doesn't mean you're right.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My buddy owns the lowered.
Do you know if he's AWD or FWD? How low did it actually go after settling? I am planning to keep my factory wheels/tires now that I have seen his lowered. Once I wear the tires out I might try a 255/60/17, that is 29.2" so it should look pretty good. Plus give some width.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know about better. More responsive. When lowering any vehicle from stock it will cause a harsher ride. For some the line is a blur for others no thanks. I'm still on the fence. I own a lowered car and stock this truck suits me.
I own a lowered F150 Lightning on drop beams, rides rough. GTI and Mustang are on coilovers and ride stiffer but better imo, i like to feel the car. The Maverick definitely rides better lowered than stock. Probably because the springs are alittle softer spring rate. My Colorado is lifted and rides really stiff but my wife likes it.

OP
OP

Heffthelegend

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know if he's AWD or FWD? How low did it actually go after settling? I am planning to keep my factory wheels/tires now that I have seen his lowered. Once I wear the tires out I might try a 255/60/17, that is 29.2" so it should look pretty good. Plus give some width.
Both AWD. Lowered specs: Front: -2.0" Rear: -2.9"

I think he is eventually going to get some pretty nice tires for it this summer. Work in progress still :)

Sponsored

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm with you (also bought the RC 1" level kit). Hope it doesn't make it stiffer or louder. It shouldn't. Just got scheduled today for 5/15 build. Can't wait to start in on my AWD XL.
Level looks way better than lowered (not dissin the lower rides) just not my style.
After driving 2 hrs. on the interstate, I now have to say, I don't think the lift has had any impact on the ride quality, nor road noise. It was probably that I was expecting something different in the driving experience.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Alto Blue Maverick on HRG leveling kit vs a lowered Carbonized Gray Maverick on Eibach lowering springs.

Tires on leveled Maverick is 245/65R-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3.
Tires on lowered Maverick is Pirelli Scorpions.

hjovnzqlg7ga1 (1).jpg

6ukrb0rlg7ga1.jpg

kfurhzqlg7ga1.jpg

6ebupzqlg7ga1.jpg
What happens when you take the low one field driving or snowbank blasting?

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume he wouldn't do that? Maybe?

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick has about 8" of suspension travel stock. Yes, lowering typically reduces that travel and in the case of the Eibach and H&R lowering springs this is true. Of 8" of suspension travel how much are you utilizing? Maybe 3"?

Being lowered it's probably obvious that I don't intend on taking it off of any sweet jumps or anywhere more technical than a dirt road. It's a lowered truck, it stays on the street and occasionally a dirt road when I'm hunting or hiking.

I have a lifted Jeep Rubicon on 37's for off roading and rock crawling. I have a Duramax to haul my boats and hot rod trailer. I have hot rods for other reasons. I have a sand rail for Sand Hollow, Glamis and Pismo.

The Maverick OBVIOUSLY was never designed to fit every need. Mine fits MY needs lowered. The suspension travel, even though lowered, is absolutely adequate for what I need it for. It does not ride rough, firm, harsh or bouncy. The performance/handling gains absolutely come from the tires and lowered center of gravity. Just because you don't understand suspension geometry doesn't mean you're right.
Makes sense. And, I DO actually understand suspension geometry. I assumed there would be a tradeoff as the only lowered vehicles I've ridden in (including just those with bigger wheels/less rubber) have been rougher than stock. I never said I was right about things nor was I arguing against your experience. I think your truck looks good even if it isn't my cup of tea. And, that's okay.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Alto Blue Maverick on HRG leveling kit vs a lowered Carbonized Gray Maverick on Eibach lowering springs.

hjovnzqlg7ga1 (1).jpg

6ukrb0rlg7ga1.jpg

kfurhzqlg7ga1.jpg

6ebupzqlg7ga1.jpg
The leveled looks great. Lowered on trucks makes it more like a car or SUV. How much was leveling? In inches.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

hjovnzqlg7ga1 (1).jpg

6ukrb0rlg7ga1.jpg

kfurhzqlg7ga1.jpg

6ebupzqlg7ga1.jpg
Leveled looks great, lowered on a truck takes away from being a truck