Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Lowered with Good-Win Racing lowering springs (+ comparison to H&R springs) Mav 1

So after trying out the H&R super sport springs and not really enjoying the ride during my commute to work, I swapped them out for the Good-Win racing springs, which are actually made by progress springs. To be honest the H&R seemed to ride better or I just got used to them, after putting some more miles on them, but I just hated how going over a bump they would clunk, plus my wife hated the ride. Install was pretty straight forward. Right away I liked how the GWR springs actually had some preload on the front springs, with the H&R's there was none, which made me think that is where the clunking came from, but upon removal and inspection I could see that some coils contacted each other. The ride quality of the GWR springs are pretty close to a factory ride, I regularly drive my wife's FX4 maverick and I would describe the ride as pretty much like stock, but with a more planted feeling and better handling. The ride was so much better then the H&R's that I was actually driving looking for pot holes, bumps, train tracks to sample the ride quality and listen for noises. I am very impressed with these springs and I'm happy I made the change.

Ford Maverick Lowered with Good-Win Racing lowering springs (+ comparison to H&R springs) Mav 3

Here is a pic of the GWR springs compared to factory.

Ford Maverick Lowered with Good-Win Racing lowering springs (+ comparison to H&R springs) Mav 4 (2)

And GWR compared to H&R front.

Ford Maverick Lowered with Good-Win Racing lowering springs (+ comparison to H&R springs) Mav 5

And GWR compared to H&R rear.

Ford Maverick Lowered with Good-Win Racing lowering springs (+ comparison to H&R springs) Mav 6

I think the H&R's would be best for someone looking for the lowest ride, great cornering, and perhaps if your commute is short and/or on smooth roads. Perhaps they would ride better with different shocks/struts such as the FX4(it seems to me people with the FX4 package didn't mind the ride) or with aftermarket shocks & struts when they become available.
I loved the look but they just fell a bit short on ride quality and I think it would have been terrible once winter hits.
Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mav 1.jpg

So after trying out the H&R super sport springs and not really enjoying the ride during my commute to work, I swapped them out for the Good-Win racing springs, which are actually made by progress springs. To be honest the H&R seemed to ride better or I just got used to them, after putting some more miles on them, but I just hated how going over a bump they would clunk, plus my wife hated the ride. Install was pretty straight forward. Right away I liked how the GWR springs actually had some preload on the front springs, with the H&R's there was none, which made me think that is where the clunking came from, but upon removal and inspection I could see that some coils contacted each other. The ride quality of the GWR springs are pretty close to a factory ride, I regularly drive my wife's FX4 maverick and I would describe the ride as pretty much like stock, but with a more planted feeling and better handling. The ride was so much better then the H&R's that I was actually driving looking for pot holes, bumps, train tracks to sample the ride quality and listen for noises. I am very impressed with these springs and I'm happy I made the change.

Mav 3.jpg

Mav 4 (2).jpg

Mav 5.jpg

Mav 6.jpg

I think the H&R's would be best for someone looking for the lowest ride, great cornering, and perhaps if your commute is short and/or on smooth roads. Perhaps they would ride better with different shocks/struts such as the FX4(it seems to me people with the FX4 package didn't mind the ride) or with aftermarket shocks & struts when they become available.
I loved the look but they just fell a bit short on ride quality and I think it would have been terrible once winter hits.
Thank you for providing that information. After years of customizing vehicles, nothing drove me more crazy than hearing clunks and clanks when driving. H&R Research and Development definitely didn't do their homework before putting the springs out in the market. By the way, your Maverick looks great 👍

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome ride. I think this is the perfect amount of squat.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mav 1.jpg

Mav 3.jpg

Mav 4 (2).jpg

Mav 5.jpg

Mav 6.jpg

I do agree that my HR’s are stiffer than stock but better than I personally expected (I’ve owned & ridden in a few lowered vehicle’s that rode much worse) and I’ve had a lifted truck’s that weren’t great either 🤷‍♂️ my 1st winter I didn’t notice any difference but I don’t have them clunk noises. I love the handling, the look & compliments too much to go back to stock & I’m too cheap to buy another set to replace but I would probably go with Eibach now they’ve got sorted out with stock feel/lower look. I have heard that the Goodwin package is complimented well with the sway bar too?

Sponsored

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Havick
can you show measurements from the ground to the bottom of the fender top center above the wheels? front and back? I am wondering how these compare to the Eibach springs. The Eibach springs look like they level the truck & they look lower. I cannot tell from the photos but these look like they keep a tiny bit of rake.

:( looks like these are for AWD only... no GWR hybrid springs yet

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info, but I go off roading and don't want to lower. Truck looks good though. I've almost used up the OEM 225's and will go with larger tires. Can't decide 235 or 245. Mileage will suffer either way.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Sweet looking Ute mate!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Good info, but I go off roading and don't want to lower. Truck looks good though. I've almost used up the OEM 225's and will go with larger tires. Can't decide 235 or 245. Mileage will suffer either way.
What tire are you going to get, BFG A/T etc…..

Jrsmith313

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info...Just ordered a set.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Havick

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So after driving for a while now I would say my truck is 2 1/4" lower up front and the rear is 2 1/2" lower compared to stock, not as low as the H&R springs, but it rides just like stock.
I've got some numbers, the front from the top of wheel well to center of the wheel is 17 3/4" and the fender to tire gap is 3". For the rear its 18 1/4" from the wheel well to the center of the wheel and the gap is 3 1/2".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
check out the Nitto Nomads. Have them on the wife's RAV4 and they're awesome. Quieter than the AT3, good wear, and amazing traction offroad.

Kens2022

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after driving for a while now I would say my truck is 2 1/4" lower up front and the rear is 2 1/2" lower compared to stock, not as low as the H&R springs, but it rides just like stock.
I've got some numbers, the front from the top of wheel well to center of the wheel is 17 3/4" and the fender to tire gap is 3". For the rear its 18 1/4" from the wheel well to the center of the wheel and the gap is 3 1/2".
Its been a few months now. How is the springs holding up? I'm about to buy them and figured I would ask before I do, also did you do anything with the bump stops? and did you get the sway bar? thanks in advanced !!
Sponsored