Sponsored

Ride Quality of Coilovers vs Lowered Springs vs Stock ?

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Searched for this in the forums but could not find anything on the subject.
Wondering if anyone on here has seat time in a Maverick the following suspensions and can give a review of the ride quality?
I've ridden in stock and Eibach lowered springs but not any coilovers and wondering if the ride is the same, better, or worse.

1. Stock
  2. Silver's Coilovers
  3. Scale Suspension Coilovers
  4. Eibach or H&R Lowered Springs

Looking at differences noted on each type of suspension. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions.
Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure if you go through the threads about these different options it would be clear how each ride

Hard for me to chime in as I’ve not ridden in a lowered FWD
I know the AWD rear suspension rides nicer than the FWD rear

OP
OP

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure if you go through the threads about these different options it would be clear how each ride

Hard for me to chime in as I’ve not ridden in a lowered FWD
I know the AWD rear suspension rides nicer than the FWD rear
@volksnuts
Thank you for the advice, but I have read most of the threads on suspension front to back and have pieced together some info, but not enough to lead me to invest in coilovers as my savior for a smooth ride, but lowered stance. At this time I have decided to remove my Eibach springs and go back to stock with a Rough Country front level kit. At some point I will invest in some Nitto Ridge Grapplers and make mine a faux 4x4. Kind of the opposite direction, I know, but it will preserve my ride quality which to me is more important. Should end up looking like this picture.

Ford Maverick Ride Quality of Coilovers vs Lowered Springs vs Stock ? Mav-1-inch-M

Last edited:

Ratbones2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Eibach prokit is wife approved on the hybrid. I put the springs on and she hasn't even commented that the car feels bumpier or bouncy.

OP
OP

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Eibach prokit is wife approved on the hybrid. I put the springs on and she hasn't even commented that the car feels bumpier or bouncy.
In So Cal your roads must be better than here in Austin. We used to have some of the best roads around. Now with all of the rapid growth and subsequent construction, they have seriously gone downhill. Or maybe it's just that I'm feeling old... :unsure:

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In So Cal your roads must be better than here in Austin. We used to have some of the best roads around. Now with all of the rapid growth and subsequent construction, they have seriously gone downhill. Or maybe it's just that I'm feeling old... :unsure:
Not feeling old just correct.
Sponsored