Sponsored

Leaking Transmission?

Juzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting On Maverick
Update update update:
Just got it back from the dealer again after sending them 4 videos of the issue. They had it for over a months, replace a start/stop transmission module and just ended up replacing the transmission. So far so good.

Update update: I got it back from the dealer a couple days ago and now it started hesitating to shift and even slipping so bad it can barely move at 3000RPMs. Thats right the dealer managed the make it 100x worse. Beaides the transmission fluid I couldn't even tell it was leaking before.

Update: I took it in and am glad I did. It has a leaking Axle seal and its going to take 5 days for them to get one of the clips in.

I was In the process of doing the first oil change on the Maverick (1000 miles) only to find this after removing the felt cover. Any thoughts?

Ford Maverick Leaking Transmission? 20211101_180812
Sponsored

Last edited:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trip to the dealer.
Or wipe it down and recheck next day if still wet trip to dealer.

Small chance it could be overfilled. Fill is done by total weight. Dry transmission + number quarts of oil give total weight.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Yeah get it documented at dealer, but definitely tranny fluid. Sucks cause you will likely be out of a vehicle for awhile depending where its coming from.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That's pretty crappy luck. A thousand miles and tranny leak. Clean it up and see what it does but by all means get the dealer involved.

OP
OP

Juzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting On Maverick
That's pretty crappy luck. A thousand miles and tranny leak. Clean it up and see what it does but by all means get the dealer involved.
Tell me about it. Between this and what appears to be peeling clearcoat on one of the doors; I'm not very impressed. I'm hoping these are the last of its problems. I dont want to be too hard on it because I really do like it.

Sponsored

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Tell me about it. Between this and what appears to be peeling clearcoat on one of the doors; I'm not very impressed. I'm hoping these are the last of its problems. I dont want to be too hard on it because I really do like it.
can you post a picture of the "peeling" clear coat.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh no! Pics please of the clearcoat issue.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Wow, that was a first hearing about the clear coat. I sure hope that isn't the case. A body shop can fix that but damn, I don't believe you purchased a repaired truck did you? That would really get me upset. Let us know.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that was a first hearing about the clear coat. I sure hope that isn't the case. A body shop can fix that but damn, I don't believe you purchased a repaired truck did you? That would really get me upset. Let us know.
Clear coat could be a repair in factory or at dealer due to transport damage neither get disclosed if its in one area thats my guess of what happened.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m hoping Jose just spilled it when filling.

Sponsored

donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates on what dealer found out? A common dripping spot would be right where the transmission case seam is.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could also be from a axle shaft seal on the output of the transmission, doesn’t take too much to knick a seal, or knock the tension spring off the seal.

good luck, keep us informed of what/how it gets sorted.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be wonderful to know the build date of your truck too… just incase a batch has these issues or a one off.

Much appreciate if others take a look under their tranny like to see if its a common occurrence to the 2.0 only?
best of luck in dealing with these issues.
We are all watching this thread.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be wonderful to know the build date of your truck too… just incase a batch has these issues or a one off.

Much appreciate if others take a look under their tranny like to see if its a common occurrence to the 2.0 only?
best of luck in dealing with these issues.
We are all watching this thread.
competly different tranny in the Hybrid. If the issue is the same it would probably be CV shaft related. Speculation at this point. No one has a hybrid yet
Sponsored