Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received this response:

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.
We found out that the issue is related to the Ford with a software update because of a bug that would not recognize if one of the two rear signal/brake lights was burnt out.
Our T-WT21W-R rear turn signal/brake/tail light bulbs can work correctly before the update, but won't function properly after the software update.

Could you please tell us the trim level of your Ford Maverick? So we will offer a solution.
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks.
Sponsored

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From the email I received from Lasfit.

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out about the issue you have.
Yes, we also discovered that the issue is related to the Ford with a software update because of a bug that would not recognize if one of the two rear signal/brake lights was burnt out.
Our T-WT21W-R rear turn signal/brake/tail light bulbs can work correctly before the update, but won't function properly after the software update.

For this situation, our newly released T3 series could be a suitable solution.
Easily learn more in this link: https://www.lasfit.com/products/425...d-bulbs-t3-series?_pos=4&_sid=cf7682b4c&_ss=r

As this issue is related to the software update rather than the LED bulbs, we regret to inform you that we are unable to provide the new T3 series bulbs free of charge.
However, as a valued customer, we would like to offer a 50% discount to purchase 2 pairs of T3 series bulbs, could that be acceptable to you?

Kind regards,
Wency
Lasfit Customer Service

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hello,
Yes, we also discovered that the issue is related to the Ford with a software update because of a bug that would not recognize if one of the two rear signal/brake lights was burnt out.

Easily learn more in this link: https://www.lasfit.com/products/425...d-bulbs-t3-series?_pos=4&_sid=cf7682b4c&_ss=r

As this issue is related to the software update rather than the LED bulbs, we regret to inform you that we are unable to provide the new T3 series bulbs free of charge.
However, as a valued customer, we would like to offer a 50% discount to purchase 2 pairs of T3 series bulbs, could that be acceptable to you?

Kind regards,
Wency
Lasfit Customer Service
Better than nothing 😁

simon_eddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I received this response:

We found out that the issue is related to the Ford with a software update because of a bug that would not recognize if one of the two rear signal/brake lights was burnt out.

Could you please tell us the trim level of your Ford Maverick? So we will offer a solution.
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks.
2023 Ford Maverick XLT.

Baily2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my 22 Mav Lariat from dealer. Had the turn signal recall completed. Like everyone else with the Lasfit bulbs I now have the dash hyper flash. Will contact Lasfit…

Sponsored

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hello,

Kind regards,
Wency
Lasfit Customer Service

I received a similar email but was offered a 30% discount. I replied that a 50% discount would be acceptable (seeing on this forum that others were offered 50%). They agreed to the 50%.

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Better than nothing 😁
They offered me the same deal. I'm ok with that, others are not. Lafit had no crystal ball that told them Ford was going to do an update and no one knew the bulbs would not work properly after that update. Anyway, It cost me $63 additional bucks and I got the T3 series bulbs. Installed a few days ago and work perfect..... Until Ford screws that one up! Still got the older stye LED's, wonder if they will work when/if Ford issues an update to the update? I seriously doubt they are concerned about us folks and our LED bulbs.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They offered me the same deal. I'm ok with that, others are not. Lafit had no crystal ball that told them Ford was going to do an update and no one knew the bulbs would not work properly after that update. Anyway, It cost me $63 additional bucks and I got the T3 series bulbs. Installed a few days ago and work perfect..... Until Ford screws that one up! Still got the older stye LED's, wonder if they will work when/if Ford issues an update to the update? I seriously doubt they are concerned about us folks and our LED bulbs.
I'm out of my one year warranty period. Anything Lasfit will do for me is appreciated.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually it really is a LASFIT issue and not a Ford issue. If they had their LEDS perfectly match the resistance and characteristics of the halogen bulbs that Ford was using then they would not have had this problem. That's what happens when these Chinese manufacturers reproduce parts that don't work properly due to poor initial design work and improper testing. If it was truly a Ford problem it would have shown up using the stock bulbs. Don't count on Ford to provide any fix since this was the fix to repair a defect whereas the software was not acknowledging the loss of a bulb due to resistance differences. LASFIT would be losing a lot of their already made profits if they gave out free replacements. Even at 50% off they are still making a handsome profit I bet. LED bulbs are still way overpriced.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appears we have gone from 50% to 30%, no bueno!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
For this situation, our newly released T3 series 4257 bulb could be a suitable solution.
Please kindly note that this bulb can directly replace the WT21W bulb since they have the same socket.

However, as a valued customer, we would like to offer a 30% discount to purchase 2 pairs of T3 series bulbs, would that be acceptable to you?

Best regards,
Vichan
Lasfit Customer Service

Sponsored

Baily2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my 22 Mav Lariat from dealer. Had the turn signal recall completed. Like everyone else with the Lasfit bulbs I now have the dash hyper flash. Will contact Lasfit…
Just received this reply from Lasfit:
Yes, we found out that the issue is related to the Ford with a software update because of a bug that would not recognize if one of the two rear signal/brake lights was burnt out.

Unfortunately, we don't have a solution specifically for a Ford Maverick Lariat.
But we would refund $50 for these T-WT21W-R bulbs, may we know if it is ok for you?
Question: is there a LED replacement out there that will work and fit on the Lariat? Either I stay with the Lasfit bulbs and the hyper flash, reinstall the original equipment bulbs, or another LED replacement from another company 🤔

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just received this reply from Lasfit:

Question: is there a LED replacement out there that will work and fit on the Lariat? Either I stay with the Lasfit bulbs and the hyper flash, reinstall the original equipment bulbs, or another LED replacement from another company 🤔
You can always use a load resistor if all else fails. I must admit that I'm disappointed with Lasfit.

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Appears we have gone from 50% to 30%, no bueno!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
For this situation, our newly released T3 series 4257 bulb could be a suitable solution.
Please kindly note that this bulb can directly replace the WT21W bulb since they have the same socket.

However, as a valued customer, we would like to offer a 30% discount to purchase 2 pairs of T3 series bulbs, would that be acceptable to you?

Best regards,
Vichan
Lasfit Customer Service
Bummer. This can sure be a hassle. I think if I had it to do over and knowing what I know now, I would not have had the turn signal update done by Ford. I simply do not need that safety factor. Been driving since 1967 and most of my vehicles until the last few years never had that feature. AND I NEVER DIED AND NO ONE RAN INTO ME AND DIED! I park in a garage and even on the new Mav, I check turn signal, brake and headlights and yes, the horn every time I pull out. I can see them on the walls, don't even have to get out of the truck. I just don't need about 90 percent of this type junk on cars today. Every little thing that may harm someone, even once is an automatic DANGER and the word SAFETY gets the "knee jerk reaction way too often. JMHO.

Baily2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can always use a load resistor if all else fails. I must admit that I'm disappointed with Lasfit.
Load resistor? Where would I get those and would I need (4) for the brake and turn signal rears?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid