Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No regrets at all! Right now, its in the garage safe from the harsh winters of Buffalo including this weekend's Snowvember 2.0!
Sponsored

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Lariat Lux Hybrid with everything but the moon roof 9 months ago.
4000 miles on it, and I still smile every time I climb into that drivers seat.
- I wish it could default to eco mode with the other modes being selections
- Agree on the B & O sound system, it's adequate at best
Outside of those two things, I'm completely impressed with its performance and feel.
I'd do it all again in a heart beat.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ACC, Push Button Start, Power Sliding Rear Window. These are things I wanted now that I am retired. My F150 had the power rear window and I really liked it. ACC to make my drives safer along with Co-Pilot 360. Push button start because the key fob is so large, and I can leave it in the truck and use the push button keyless entry.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That steering wheel is a game changer- anyone with Raynaud's will rejoice.
My wife has Raynaud's, we live in Utah, and we have a heated steering wheel (and seats) on our other car. Neither the heated steering wheel or seats are pretty much ever used on our jetta, so we didn't bother on our Maverick.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love my XL Hybrid. Would I like some extras, sure but not for the $000’s to get them. However, each has their own preference, needs and wants. I did add CP360 and a hitch so I did change it up some. The one thing I do want, cruise control, one can add to the XL. The only other thing that I would like to have is a more graphic or detailed digital info on the truck such a the battery use, level, and other goodies that the higher end has. Anyway, at this point, I would have ordered the same.

Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2+ weeks in, after waiting 400 days, and ‘The Truck’ continues to impress and deliver, the latter literally with 3 separate loads to date.

Further affirmation came from the Admiral (who drives a ‘21 Escape Hybrid) with this unexpected utterance: I love our little truck.

Say no more!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife has Raynaud's, we live in Utah, and we have a heated steering wheel (and seats) on our other car. Neither the heated steering wheel or seats are pretty much ever used on our jetta, so we didn't bother on our Maverick.
Live in Utah as well- Mav steering wheel is great.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ACC, Push Button Start, Power Sliding Rear Window. These are things I wanted now that I am retired. My F150 had the power rear window and I really liked it. ACC to make my drives safer along with Co-Pilot 360. Push button start because the key fob is so large, and I can leave it in the truck and use the push button keyless entry.
I love the Power Rear Window. I like to open it up and vent the Sunroof to get a nice airflow thru the Truck. My Ram had a manual rear slider but I hardly ever used it and I had that Truck for 19 years!

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes... h/k, JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, B&O.. they own many of the premium systems you see in cars from $20k to six figures. But that doesn't make them all on the same level.
Yes, Ford seems to have a history of skimping on their audio systems.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
curious, in y'alls opinion who makes the best sound system in the $35K category?
keeping in mind car inflation averages just over $1K per year.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I constantly read on here that most think the maverick isn’t worth over $35k and it’s best suited as a lower level trim. I ordered a lariat as I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time and didn’t want to constantly have to use the SiriusXM app. I know the Lariat has the same materials for the most part as the XL, with basically just more tech added. Which I’ll agree the interior is cheap, it’s not fancy but it’s fine.

Anyway, I wanted to hear from those with Lariats. Are you happy with it? Looking back, would you have went with a cheaper trim level?
I went with the Lariat with lux package because I didn't want cloth seats, but I wanted push button start, and all the safety upgrades that came in these options. At the starting price below 20K left me plenty room to option up, and still get out the door under 33K. The Lariat will bring a better price when it's time to replace it. If you buy the top of the line version, you won't have to say "I should of bought a Lariat!

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

XL too basic for my taste. XLT would have been fine for me but wife wanted Lariat so Lariat we ordered. Without having it I do think it’s worth it but I also think XLT is overall a smarter buy.
The reason your wife wanted a Lariat is the push button start. If you bought a vehicle without it, you might as well get standard shift! Todays women don't fiddle around looking for keys to drive. Almost all cars have push button start, and people love this feature. You will thank me later!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason your wife wanted a Lariat is the push button start. If you bought a vehicle without it, you might as well get standard shift! Todays women don't fiddle around looking for keys to drive. Almost all cars have push button start, and people love this feature. You will thank me later!
Yikes.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No regrets at all! Right now, its in the garage safe from the harsh winters of Buffalo including this weekend's Snowvember 2.0!
Hope it is not a heated garage as the road brines do a number with freezing and thawing in a heated garage. This is second hand info as leave my vehicles out on the driveway.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought xlt with a 400 watt inverter. I didn't get the inverter so I got a stock xlt with the fx4 pack.

I keep my cars a long time. I bought a new 93 mustang cobra with all the options. I still have it too. My experience is that in the long run, things break. The more things there are to break, the more it costs to fix.

I bought a stock xlt to try and reduce my repair expenses in the future. The fact I was financing it played a part in my choice also. I tried to think about a lariat, but I just didn't want all the tech stuff, and a higher monthly payment.

Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? 20221120_110824
Sponsored