Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

janderson85

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really love it. Since my wife requires the truck to have a pushbutton start, keyless entry and adaptive cruise. I had to go to the lariat Lux pack. Wanted to do the fx but the budget wouldn’t allow it and I had to keep the wife happy. Got to choose your battles.
Sponsored

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you folks like it, but in the end it's still basically a $20,000 truck platform wise. I can see getting the hybrid since it's the only hybrid truck available, but for an EB I would have moved up to a Ranger.

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would be ridiculous for me to make a post on MTC stating that I don't want a Maverick because I can't stand the way center screens have poor resolution, low contrast, and glare problems, based solely on the center screen in my 2012 Toyota Prius-C – which did indeed have all those characteristics. That reasoning would be considered irrational...

His stated rationale for NOT wanting a Maverick Lariat is that his rental Taco's ACC has issues which simply do not exist in the Maverick ACC. (And which probably don't actually exist in the Taco's ACC if the sensors are properly calibrated and adjusted.)
No... Actually the REASON I didn't order a Lariat was that I wanted cloth seats. I ordered my XLT on the first day of '21 that orders were open. I did not know, at that time, that the XLT Co Pilot 360 and XLT Lux packages would not come with the adaptive cc. After driving my XLT over 13,000 miles, I simply thought I was missing out not having the adaptive cc. I'd never driven a vehicle with that feature until I got this rental Taco--as this is my only experience with adaptive cc--I based my judgement on that experience. And, based on that slim experience, I wouldn't want adaptive cc for the driving I do. My mind can be changed with new information and experiences. Overall, I love my XLT as it's equipped and the longer I drive the rental Taco, the more I like my Maverick.

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really love it. Since my wife requires the truck to have a pushbutton start, keyless entry and adaptive cruise. I had to go to the lariat Lux pack. Wanted to do the fx but the budget wouldn’t allow it and I had to keep the wife happy. Got to choose your battles.
It's the true keyless entry and push-to-start that would take me to a Lariat if I were buying today (didn't know my XLT-FX4-Lux-CP 360-AWD version wouldn't have those when I ordered--my cheap 2011 SUV had them!)

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seriously, 1600 miles in 12 hours is AVERAGING over 133 mph! That's faster than the average race lap speeds at more than one Formula 1 track! Must be an Ecoboost!
Yea that’s fast. My ecoboost won’t do that. Maybe he added a tune to it.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me, yes. I like nice things, and to be able to option it out with the Lariat Lux and still be around $36k, it was a no brainer.

The seats are very comfortable, the moonroof/sliding rear window combo is pretty awesome. Just vent the moonroof, crack the rear window, and you get some nice fresh air flow through the cabin with minimal noise. Helps to mitigate the insanely hot heat that blasts if the temp is set to anything above 75 :ROFLMAO:
Among several other things I really like the heat set to 62-64°F and heated seats on medium or low.🤗

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you folks like it, but in the end it's still basically a $20,000 truck platform wise. I can see getting the hybrid since it's the only hybrid truck available, but for an EB I would have moved up to a Ranger.
That's kind of how trim packages work, pay more for additional convenience/safety/luxury features.

F150 XL(2.7L) $34,980 Lariat(2.7L) $57,480

Kia Sportage Hybrid LX $27,490 SX $36,390

Maverick XL No Options $20,000 My Lariat Lux $30,865

That said, 15+ years ago I would have bought the XL/XLT.

Last edited:

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a Honda guy who retired from AHMC and my wife , kids and me drove a new Honda / Acura every year for almost 40 yrs. The Ridgeline was just a tad to high for me at my age. I told my son, I’m putting his name on the pink as it’s already paid off. I only have 2,800 miles after 6 mths. I didn't want to buy the XL, XLT then mode it after the fact. My thinking is if I was buying a used vehicle and ran a vin check and noticed it didnt come with cruise or heated seats or whatever else they’ve been adding to the trucks. I would be hesitant to purchase not knowing if the install was done correctly or was a hack job. So the Lariat Lux Hybrid was a No-Brainer and adding a AVS II hood deflector , mud flaps , seat covers and roll-n-lock bed cover isn't a mod its and accessory I made the right choice as I’m getting a consistent 650 + miles per tank

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's kind of how trim packages work, pay more for additional convenience/safety/luxury features.

F150 XL(2.7L) $34,980 Lariat(2.7L) $57,480

Kia Sportage Hybrid LX $27,490 SX $36,390

Maverick XL No Options $20,000 My Lariat Lux $30,865

That said, 15+ years ago I would have bought the XL/XLT.
Congrats. You still bought a cheap truck. Quality wise.

Dfwmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo v50, Volvo C30, Volvo s40, bmw 325i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have a 23 Alto Blue Hybrid on order. Optioned Lariat Lux w/ BAP, Copilot 360 & Assist package, Sunroof, Remote Start. I have a purchase agreement for $36,400.00 and hopefully I can get my Z plan discount off that. It was a bit higher than the 22 I was trying to order but I think its worth it.

I drove a XLT and a Regular Lariat. For me, some of the things that I really wanted were the upgraded sound system, the acoustic windshield, Active X seating, Perimeter approach was a big one for me, as well as having a fob vs a key. I know that i could do some of these upgrades on an XLT but some would be either impossible or come out in the wash as far as cost.

One other thing that no one seems to be mentioning is the auto windows on the lariat being more than just the drivers side. All my 10+ year old volvo's have most of these options (baring the extra drivers safety features) so I am very used to having them.

As far as the adaptive cruise control, lane centering, etc. I could do with out them, however part of my reasoning is that I plan to keep my truck awhile and when I go to sell it I think that the market will be heavily used to having these options. So if and when I sell it used, it will still be a bit more relevant technology wise. Honestly for me I just wanted the damn back up sensors LOL!!!

But if I am buying a new truck brand new I might as well just get it the way I want it and move on and be happy. But for the love of God if I could add two wish list items it would be Powers Passenger Seat and Ventilated Seats. If I could have got those I would be a pig in SH*T. It's like the old saying "Price is what you pay, Value is what you get". I think that the value depends on the buyer. For me it seems to be well worth it.

Sponsored

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the Lariat WAS worth the extra $. Mine is a Hybrid with every factory option. I was already spoiled my by 16 F150 Lariat so I did want as many bells and whistles as possible. I bought it for the size as the F150 is a beast to navigate the inner city and park in mini-car sized parking spots. What my maverick does not have is built-in garage door opener (I added it), power folding mirrors, air conditioned seats (Phoenix must have) remote opening tailgate, built=in ladder in tailgate, inside burgler alarm, outside mirror spotlights, power passenger seat, seat and mirror memory (please add this feature) ! To those that say I bought the cheap pickup I say I shopped for size and the Ranger and up are now the wrong size and do wish it had the features of the too-big-to-be-practical pickups at the sized for the job price.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me the Lariat WAS worth the extra $. Mine is a Hybrid with every factory option. I was already spoiled my by 16 F150 Lariat so I did want as many bells and whistles as possible. I bought it for the size as the F150 is a beast to navigate the inner city and park in mini-car sized parking spots. What my maverick does not have is built-in garage door opener (I added it), power folding mirrors, air conditioned seats (Phoenix must have) remote opening tailgate, built=in ladder in tailgate, inside burgler alarm, outside mirror spotlights, power passenger seat, seat and mirror memory (please add this feature) ! To those that say I bought the cheap pickup I say I shopped for size and the Ranger and up are now the wrong size and do wish it had the features of the too-big-to-be-practical pickups at the sized for the job price.
Nice. Not sure if you'd be interested but for $22 you can get this Meross adapter and hook it to your garage door opener. You can then open and close your door with Google voice assistant without even touching a button.
Bonus is it let's you know through the app if your door's been opened or closed. Like if you left and forgot to close the door it will alert you.
https://a.co/d/2FW4O3z

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Congrats. You still bought a cheap truck. Quality wise.
The ranger is an almost 13 year old truck and it feels every bit that inside and out. Even when they reintroduced the ranger in 2019 it was already old and that’s why the ranger didn’t really sell well. That and the ranger is not particularly good at anything.

Personally if the current ranger is the exact same price as the maverick I would still get the maverick. I do not like the size, fuel economy and ride of the ranger.
Sponsored