Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These type questions always come down to personal preferences & budget, as far as "worth" to an individual. Value, however, can also be compared to the market & competition. The value card is easily a win for the Maverick in ANY trim, as there is nothing else that compares favorably (statistically) as you go from bottom to top trim. I think that's pretty easy to determine. That value, as it translates to "worth" to you, however, is entirely up to you to decide. While it's fun to hear others opinions, that really has no relevance to your wants/requirements, or budget.

So, the take home is, no matter what trim is "worth it" to you, the value of your selection is solid.
Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got every package on my XLT, except for FX4. I guess you could say a replace FX4 with a tonneau cover. I didn't need of want all of the lariat options. Just wish I could have gotten Lane centering and adapter cruise on my XLT. Would have cost me at least another $5,000 just to get those two things. I love my Motorola MA1 My Android phone connects when I get in the truck. It starts my music up within a minute.
Lariat very worth it!! The seats are more comfortable than the Ranger I had

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If XLT comes with push button start I will go for XLT all day.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you don't need a truck bed then there are better Hybrid AWD options that have those perks like ACC/lane centering for around the same price you can get that loaded lariat for, but come with a better build quality and nicer interior.
If you need a truck though you need a truck.
Nothing touches the XL Hybrid in price, quality, or MPG's for price IMO.
(Note: I realized my first sentence sounds a bit "snarky" but it's truly not intended to be. I would really like some help finding an alternative.)

Could you name off a few of those "better Hybrid AWD options" that are around the same price? If my Maverick(s) don't come through, we're going to need another vehicle anyway, and I'm not having much luck finding a similarly roomy hybrid for less than a $10K premium over the Maverick... I'm not talking about the tiny "cute Utes" like the Nissan Kicks or Hyundai Kona - those are just too small to be comfortable for us. And I definitely want a hybrid for the fuel mileage.

I spend a lot of time looking at auto sites, etc., and I'm just not finding anything else (besides the Maverick) that I'd be willing to drive for a few years. I may be "forced" to go with a full electric vehicle if the Mav doesn't come through...

Thanks!

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nissan Kicks or Hyundai Kona - those are just too small to be comfortable for us. And I definitely want a hybrid for the fuel mileage.
Too small for cargo or people? The Nissan Kicks passenger space, particularly in the rear, seems superior to the Maverick. I don't endorse the idea of buying a Kicks but I did rent one for 4 months. It's not a great vehicle but has good room and seat comfort front/back for people.

As for other options within your price range of a fully loaded Lariat Lux Hybrid:

2023 CR-V Sport Hybrid AWD - $35,195 including destination
2023 Rav4 XLE Premium Hybrid AWD - $35,840 including destination
2023 Tucson SEL Convenience Hybrid AWD - $33,645 including destination

Just a few.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 23 Lariat Lux 360 on order. The added safety and convenience features are a must for my wife and me.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(Note: I realized my first sentence sounds a bit "snarky" but it's truly not intended to be. I would really like some help finding an alternative.)

Could you name off a few of those "better Hybrid AWD options" that are around the same price? If my Maverick(s) don't come through, we're going to need another vehicle anyway, and I'm not having much luck finding a similarly roomy hybrid for less than a $10K premium over the Maverick... I'm not talking about the tiny "cute Utes" like the Nissan Kicks or Hyundai Kona - those are just too small to be comfortable for us. And I definitely want a hybrid for the fuel mileage.

I spend a lot of time looking at auto sites, etc., and I'm just not finding anything else (besides the Maverick) that I'd be willing to drive for a few years. I may be "forced" to go with a full electric vehicle if the Mav doesn't come through...

Thanks!
There is a Toyota, google it some will come up. Problem is some States have manipulated it all so manufacturers will flood their states with these "preferred" cars far over other states. Think about it, if a State gets a LOT of cars sold with $7,500 tax credits that is a LOT of extra tax $ brought in.
Chevy lost their Federal Tax $ money, what did they do, lowered the price of those EV's by that much.
I hate this sort of manipulation to be honest. I could have bought a Subaru Hybrid (off the lot) the other day here, you want find one for sale (at all) in many other states. I could have bought several EV's these last few months here. As I said, some States for sure manipulate the markets, been this way forever. VW didn't sell Diesel TDI's some years because of California's CARB. (I owned one of the very rare 1996 VW TDI's in country).

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are other alternative hybrids, and with AWD, for around the same price as a fully loaded Maverick hybrid. But they are not trucks. I only listed off a few SUVs. If you needed more people space you could also look at Camry Hybrids.. excellent fuel efficiency and plenty of space.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL too basic for my taste. XLT would have been fine for me but wife wanted Lariat so Lariat we ordered. Without having it I do think it’s worth it but I also think XLT is overall a smarter buy.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid Lariat Lux with 360 assist because I’m also going to use my truck for work and I’m a traveling salesman. Since my vehicle is my office, I prefer as many comforts and upgraded tech features as I can get. I also have two little ones so safety is very important to me.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a Toyota, google it some will come up. Problem is some States have manipulated it all so manufacturers will flood their states with these "preferred" cars far over other states. Think about it, if a State gets a LOT of cars sold with $7,500 tax credits that is a LOT of extra tax $ brought in.
Chevy lost their Federal Tax $ money, what did they do, lowered the price of those EV's by that much.
I hate this sort of manipulation to be honest. I could have bought a Subaru Hybrid (off the lot) the other day here, you want find one for sale (at all) in many other states. I could have bought several EV's these last few months here. As I said, some States for sure manipulate the markets, been this way forever. VW didn't sell Diesel TDI's some years because of California's CARB. (I owned one of the very rare 1996 VW TDI's in country).
I currently drive a Prius-C, but it's way too small and uncomfortable. My wife can't stand to ride in it, and I can't wait to replace it with a Maverick. My daughter has a later-model Prius, and it is similarly cramped and uncomfortable.

The least expensive Toyota Hybrid SUV near me is a RAV4 listing for $37,817. And, of course, the dealer is asking for even more than that list price. Some local dealers are adding $10K ADM for RAV4 and up to $15K ADM for a RAV4 Prime.

The Subaru dealers near me have zero hybrids listed on their sites, but the Crosstrek Hybrid lists for $36,845 (with no options added) on the Subaru website. Local dealer doesn't even show "hybrid" as an available option for that model, so...

As I said, I'm just not finding anything besides a Maverick in that price range - at least not that I would want to drive...

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently drive a Prius-C, but it's way too small and uncomfortable. My wife can't stand to ride in it, and I can't wait to replace it with a Maverick. My daughter has a later-model Prius, and it is similarly cramped and uncomfortable.

The least expensive Toyota Hybrid SUV near me is a RAV4 listing for $37,817. And, of course, the dealer is asking for even more than that list price. Some local dealers are adding $10K ADM for RAV4 and up to $15K ADM for a RAV4 Prime.

The Subaru dealers near me have zero hybrids listed on their sites, but the Crosstrek Hybrid lists for $36,845 (with no options added) on the Subaru website. Local dealer doesn't even show "hybrid" as an available option for that model, so...

As I said, I'm just not finding anything besides a Maverick in that price range - at least not that I would want to drive...

You probably won't find a ton of hybrids for sale in Texas, home of the country's cheapest gas. Maybe try California, or a state with higher gas prices (assuming you don't mind traveling or paying a transport fee to pick one up)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too small for cargo or people? The Nissan Kicks passenger space, particularly in the rear, seems superior to the Maverick. I don't endorse the idea of buying a Kicks but I did rent one for 4 months. It's not a great vehicle but has good room and seat comfort front/back for people.

As for other options within your price range of a fully loaded Lariat Lux Hybrid:

2023 CR-V Sport Hybrid AWD - $35,195 including destination
2023 Rav4 XLE Premium Hybrid AWD - $35,840 including destination
2023 Tucson SEL Convenience Hybrid AWD - $33,645 including destination

Just a few.
Both "small" categories. I don't care as much about the back seat. Getting in/out is important (old guy - stiff back). Room to haul stuff from Home Depot is important (which eliminates all the "cute Utes" for me) I drove a Kicks as a rental for four days - 2 of that was highway, where it was just barely adequate. The Kicks was literally the only rental car they had available at the airport, so we took it, but neither of us was happy.

The Tucson or Santa Fe MIGHT be viable alternatives, if only there were any actually in stock. Dealers aren't even showing any "in transit" hybrid Tucson or Santa Fe models near me.

Anyway, all that only comes into play if I do NOT get at least one of the two Maverick hybrids I have on order. Trying to be patient, but I'm not very good at that... I cannot imagine what it was like for the folks who ordered back in 2021 and are just now getting estimated build dates...

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are your comparison vehicles?

The truly standout systems my husband and I have owned over the years have been, in no particular order - the (really stunning for the price) ELS 3D system in our Integra, a Mark Levinson system in a Lexus ES, a Lexicon system in a Genesis, and a harman/kardon system in a Volvo and in a Mercedes. Then we have had what we considered "fun" systems, such as the Bose system in our G37 and again in a Q50 years ago and harman/kardon in a Soul Turbo.

I often told my husband while waiting on the Maverick that I knew the B&O wasn't going to come anywhere close to the best systems we'd had in cars and all I wanted from it was for it to sound as good as the similarly spec'd 8-speaker 320W harman/kardon in my 2017 Soul. That was a $27k vehicle new. I felt this was a reasonable expectation.

Instead, the B&O is in a tie for last place among all our "premium" audio equipped cars right along side the Bose system in our 2018 Miata. But we overlooked the relatively poor performance of the Bose in the Miata because that car was so loud inside it was a miracle it sounded as well as it did (which was not great).

(yes, we have owned an absolute shit ton of cars in the past 20 years)
I’m sure Harman (now owned by Samsung) would like your feedback. They own and produce the B&O car audio systems, in addition to the HarmanKardon car audio systems

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sure Harman (now owned by Samsung) would like your feedback. They own and produce the B&O car audio systems, in addition to the HarmanKardon car audio systems
Yes... h/k, JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, B&O.. they own many of the premium systems you see in cars from $20k to six figures. But that doesn't make them all on the same level.
Sponsored