First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick AWD ,XLT , FX4, Luxury package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am having second thoughts about doing the side airbags after all the nightmare stories I ve been reading about.
I work for Carmax and they want all top selling models
Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Stopped in at the dealer in Burlington to get spark plugs for the wife’s Escape and all the sales guys came out , I just laughed and said not gonna happen and they said what about 40 and I just smiled and said no.
I have some ocean front property in Arizona if you want to do a trade.

Mmmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a one owner 2004 Ford Focus for $2450. I'm going to save this money for a rainy day. 😂

IMG_20230429_194749.jpg

IMG_20230429_194745.jpg
dump half your profit in bitcoin and in five years buy any ford you want… put the other half in rainy day fund.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope this continues. I have two XL hybrids being built in June

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't typically owe any taxes or fees when you sell, o they than perhaps a small notary fee. The buyer pays all else.

As for capital gains I doubt anyone is getting a 1099 for profit on resale of a vehicle. My guess is many people do not report this profit and short of combing sales records and cross-matching data it's probably not easy to find everyone who made a few thousand bucks on a vehicle.
I can confirm that I did not get a 1099 for the truck I sold last summer.

Sponsored

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Maverick hybrid! But $11k profit? That’s a good trade!
Sell it and place a new maverick order. Maybe with now ‘free to you’ upgrades?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's kinda funny, my uncle is basically flowing the other way. He owns a 2003 focus on its last legs, over 300k on it, and is highly considering a maverick. Already owns a 2009 escape hybrid with the same bulletproof 2.5 the maverick has, so he's already sold on the idea of a hybrid.

He also has a Kia van we gave him that has about 280k on it,but it's dead, timing chain failure. Apparently he drove it for 3 years with the CEl on, the light was flashing for 6 on those months. Just didn't get it checked out. Hopefully the maverick is more reliable than that car was.
Yeah, it's amazing how unreliable cars can be when you drive for years with a CEL illuminated... :rolleyes: :sneaky:

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a one owner 2004 Ford Focus for $2450. I'm going to save this money for a rainy day. 😂

IMG_20230429_194749.jpg

IMG_20230429_194745.jpg
Green light to sell if you're under 40 y.o., imo. I was frugal on vehicles and did half the wrenching for over 20 years. I'll be 44 this year so it was time to splash. Cost of doing business for me. I'm planning to make it a very fun business at that.

You will save bank with that Focus for sure. I thought a 2010-12 Outback would be a good cheaper alternative to the Maverick AWD. More capability, but not nearly the savings as the Focus. Solid financial decision.

Do watch out though. Can get jacked up in a fender bender. My bro was recently hit by 2 SUVs in his little Elantra. After that, I turned him onto my buddy's lifted 2004 Tundra Crew Cab. I always leave room ahead when driving a small car and watch all mirrors, especially the rear view.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20230429_194749.jpg

IMG_20230429_194745.jpg
Pay off all your debt, no greater feeling

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it's amazing how unreliable cars can be when you drive for years with a CEL illuminated... :rolleyes: :sneaky:
Yeah, he really was being careless. Was absolutely stunned when I heard that. We're the opposite end of the extreme, if I get a CEL, I'm having that thing towed to the dealership ASAP. Never know if that 5 mile drive to the dealership is the thing that could damage the engine beyond repair or something like that.

I think my uncle is just depressed. He doesn't seem to care about much these days, mostly just ignores issues until he can't anymore. Doctors tell him how his cholesterol is nearly at hospitalization levels. Yet he eats at Wendy's every day. He'll probably never be able to retire, has a lot of debt, stuck in a job he hates. We think his game plan is to kill himself as quickly as possible without pulling the trigger. It's hard to motivate him to do anything. I've been there, still am, depression is a monster than devours your life.

Could see how if he was in the mindset how he couldn't be bothered to take care of the car if he doesn't even care about his body. Depression makes it impossible to care about anyone or anything.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ron, I totally agree - one of biggest assets to Maverick is fitting in garage!! No more "big butt trucks"! Ford should market it as Garageability
Or maybe as Garage Fitter (Fitzer?)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, he really was being careless. Was absolutely stunned when I heard that. We're the opposite end of the extreme, if I get a CEL, I'm having that thing towed to the dealership ASAP. Never know if that 5 mile drive to the dealership is the thing that could damage the engine beyond repair or something like that.

I think my uncle is just depressed. He doesn't seem to care about much these days, mostly just ignores issues until he can't anymore. Doctors tell him how his cholesterol is nearly at hospitalization levels. Yet he eats at Wendy's every day. He'll probably never be able to retire, has a lot of debt, stuck in a job he hates. We think his game plan is to kill himself as quickly as possible without pulling the trigger. It's hard to motivate him to do anything. I've been there, still am, depression is a monster than devours your life.

Could see how if he was in the mindset how he couldn't be bothered to take care of the car if he doesn't even care about his body. Depression makes it impossible to care about anyone or anything.
So sorry to hear that... Depression can really screw with your perception of the world. I hope he finds some help. Counseling did wonders for my daughter when she was suffering from depression. Still deals with it today, but her coping skills are WAY better. It's hard to watch someone you love go through that...

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20230429_194749.jpg

IMG_20230429_194745.jpg
So your a day trader of sorts🤣

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine