Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m confused, the installed pics above all look completely, or almost completely coil bound at the top..
?

Sponsored

FunctionSpec

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HYBRID XLT LuxPkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m confused, the installed pics above all look completely, or almost completely coil bound at the top..
?

Coils up top are "dead coils". They keep the coils from popping out of the seats if the suspension is fully extended. If the coils are too short, when you lift up Maverick during service and the suspension fully extends, the coils will fall out. Dead coils are wound closer together so that they compress easily and take up space.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still confused. If the coils at the top are (almost) coil bound, any movement will make them solid and transfer though the vehicle.

FunctionSpec

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HYBRID XLT LuxPkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still confused. If the coils at the top are (almost) coil bound, any movement will make them solid and transfer though the vehicle.
There's still a bit of suspension travel before the spring fully compresses or hits the bump stops (in the shocks?). Top section will fully compress through suspension oscillations as it travels down the road. The bottom half would need to fully compress (or hit the bump stops) until it transfers through the vehicle.

AltoBlueAgee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Xlt Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eibach has a recent video on their FB and IG page. Looks like they hav a Maverick as seen at the beginning of the video. Hope they are working on a fix! Smh. Everyone comment on their page! Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's still a bit of suspension travel before the spring fully compresses or hits the bump stops (in the shocks?). Top section will fully compress through suspension oscillations as it travels down the road. The bottom half would need to fully compress (or hit the bump stops) until it transfers through the vehicle.
Except that there isnt enough suspension travel or the springs are too weak. Ive destroyed 2 sets of front bump stops, now waiting on the eibach units to see if i destroy them or if they help the bottoming out of the strut.

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eibach has a recent video on their FB and IG page. Looks like they hav a Maverick as seen at the beginning of the video. Hope they are working on a fix! Smh. Everyone comment on their page! Lol
Noticed that too last night when I went on IG to see if they had replied to my DM I sent them about my spring noises.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I am not mistaken that is their R&D Mgrs truck and he is a member on this forum. Unless they got a customer to come in since I have posted they were looking for one.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Except that there isnt enough suspension travel or the springs are too weak. Ive destroyed 2 sets of front bump stops, now waiting on the eibach units to see if i destroy them or if they help the bottoming out of the strut.
I am not sure how just swapping the bump stops will help with bottoming out though? I think it will still bottom out if everything else is the same as it is now, just maybe their bump stop is stronger material and won't bust apart?

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not sure how just swapping the bump stops will help with bottoming out though? I think it will still bottom out if everything else is the same as it is now, just maybe their bump stop is stronger material and won't bust apart?
That was my question. We will see how bad the springs are compressed this weekend and go from there.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

had a shop lower the maverick 2 weeks ago. Have almost 500 miles and noticed a noise when turning left. It’s very slight and not always happening. Need to do a little more driving to see exactly what’s happening. Happened the other day going into my driveway and I couldn’t repeat it. Also relatively low speed. Slight sound also, nit really a thud or pop.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Struts are bottoming out so bad that it caused the isolator to break free.

Ford Maverick It's Lowered...But... issues with Eibach lowering springs 20230429_131528

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn! What struts do you have? Regular or FX4? I have the idea that the stock strut isn't dampened enough to handle a lowering spring. As soon as someone comes out with a strut for these trucks I am going to buy them myself. While I don't have this issue I still don't think the strut is right coupled with a drop spring.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Base xl awd struts. I agree. I think the spring rate needs increased and maybe that's why people have said the H&Rs ride alittle rougher. I'm not bothering with these springs anymore. When the others get here I will swap them and move on.
Sponsored