Sponsored

Is the Hybrid wiring harness problem fixed in trucks being made now?

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I tried searching for this but I could not find an answer.

Does anyone know for sure if the problem with the hybrid wiring harness connection that is causing dead Mavericks has been fixed in trucks that are being made now? If so any idea when the production fix was made?
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they even know why it is happening. I think the afternoon guy on the assembly line probably just sucks.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried searching for this but I could not find an answer.

Does anyone know for sure if the problem with the hybrid wiring harness connection that is causing dead Mavericks has been fixed in trucks that are being made now? If so any idea when the production fix was made?

I assume that once they knew which harness was the issue, that this harness is more closely inspected (or they got another supplier).... No idea on the date though!

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not think so, since Mavs made in August have the same issue.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is insane if not fixed. They have to know which harness is going bad and do a redesign on it. Inspecting it would be a joke. Ford has to pay if there still making them the same way. Yea class action but yes only the lawyers get rich.

Reactions: fmt

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing will be done until there’s significant fatalities involved. Someone must die for ford to take proper action.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Someone at the DFW meet up may have said something about this happening only to Mavs built during the earlier stages of production and it wasn't a problem for vehicles after a certain date.

I may be totally wrong but this place is a vacuum for people to complain about their Mav and it creates the impression that the problem is more widespread than it actually may be.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone at the DFW meet up may have said something about this happening only to Mavs built during the earlier stages of production and it wasn't a problem for vehicles after a certain date.

I may be totally wrong but this place is a vacuum for people to complain about their Mav and it creates the impression that the problem is more widespread than it actually may be.
Agreed. It ain’t your problem until you got one.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is the M23 will have the same harness. They will give you a free tow. /s

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a few think they have done nothing,. I have seen many post on facebook about dead hybrids too. Plus all the people who just don't go online having same issue It sounds like a fairly common problem,

I would think in the end this would cost them more money as the harness is 700 buck plus not easy to install. Plus bad publicity hurts sales. Do a redesign say nothing no recall and just fix the ones that go bad. I guess since the Mav Hybrid has no competition YET they can get away with this,

On a side note does using a jump battery box get you running? Do you connect jumper to 12 volt battery under rear seat?

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On a side note does using a jump battery box get you running? Do you connect jumper to 12 volt battery under rear seat?
Yes and No

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing will be done until there’s significant fatalities involved. Someone Enough must die for ford to take proper action.
Fixed it (a bit). Based on what I learned in an Industrial Safety course in college, Ford evaluates the cost of liability (payouts vs. cost to correct) to determine mitigation path.. I'm sure in the Internet Age that reputation damage control factors in a bit too.

The Pinto story was always a topic in those classes.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Harness issues have occured in production dates 9-2021 to 8-2022 that I have heard of. The Ford mechanic that did a video stated that Ford uses 2 suppliers for the harness.

No need to panic, a jump charger works great. If you encounter this issue the bigger problem is finding a dealer that knows about the harness connector and getting the vehicle in and out quickly.

Better to just fix the connector than to gamble on another harness that is back ordered and who knows if the problem has been solved.
Sponsored