Sponsored

Is it worth waiting for the next generation Ranger of should I order a Maverick in August?

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best extended warranties don't cost $3,000 unless you want to top level. Granger ford is offering extended warranties for $50 over invoice and Flood Ford has theirs at $100 over invoice. Both are bona fide Ford warranties.

Flood Ford ESP

Don't spend more than you have to!
Sponsored

Yoliber

First Name
Yoliber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y
I'm on the same boat. Always had a soft spot for the Ranger and fell in love with it when I saw the new one in Europe. I'm going to place an order for a Mav though, and if they come out with a PHEV or Hybrid Ranger, I'm likely just going to flip or cancel my Mav.

Regardless, my end goal is a Ranger Lightning.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I've seen on the ranger, I'd wait for the Ranger. Especially if you're going to be waiting anyway.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really like the look and size of the next gen ranger better than the maverick, but it looks like it won't be available until late 2023 or 2024, and they haven't officially announced a hybrid variant yet. Gas mileage is high on my priority list, but I'm coming from an F-150 and I always thought anything smaller than a 5.5ft bed would be too small for me. I'm willing to compromise with the Maverick because of the stellar fuel economy, but I also feel like by the time the new ranger comes out I would prefer it over the maverick. Do you think a Maverick would hold it's resale value well for a couple of years? If so, I might just order one now and trade it in for the new ranger in a couple of years
Don't think you can go real wrong with the Mav. Yeah, I like the looks of the Ranger a lot but I like the Maverick too.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the look and size of the next gen ranger better than the maverick, but it looks like it won't be available until late 2023 or 2024, and they haven't officially announced a hybrid variant yet. Gas mileage is high on my priority list, but I'm coming from an F-150 and I always thought anything smaller than a 5.5ft bed would be too small for me. I'm willing to compromise with the Maverick because of the stellar fuel economy, but I also feel like by the time the new ranger comes out I would prefer it over the maverick. Do you think a Maverick would hold it's resale value well for a couple of years? If so, I might just order one now and trade it in for the new ranger in a couple of years
You might want wait for 24 * but if you get basic maverick with no lux it will be built in 23 * provided you work with a good dealer . You won’t know about US Ranger 24* specs since were not getting a diesel like the rest world can get now . Maverick 23 will be same as 22 as far we know . Order banks open next month now … So I would look into maverick 23 and see if that’s somthing you want . If you really want the new ranger just wait then . We won’t know Ranger details until next summer most likely

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think a lot of it has to do with how you use your truck. Maverick works great for me. If I towed or hauled more, I would look at a Ranger. It does some things better than the Mav. For me, I am happy with what my truck does and it always seems to be able to do more than I expected it to.

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try to find a 2008-2011 Ranger with 2.3l and 5spd. Great compact truck with good fuel economy. Get an upgraded stereo and you’re all set for the long wait.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want a Ranger, don't get a Maverick. They are very different vehicles so pick the one you want and wait. If you don't need one now, don't be hasty. This day and age everyone wants instant gratification. A truck is too big of an expense to rush in.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked before and did not see a reply. Outside of chips, what makes options on a new vehicle become a constraint?

Rubber for tires, metal for engines, minerals for batteries?? What?
Rubber for tires was one of many. Billions of Covid masks stretchy strings caused a shortage. The tires on my first edition hybrid which was delivered 3/9/22 have production date of Jan 2022 so they were not sitting around waiting very long if at all. The soon to be coming increased rail shipping costs due in part because of labor shortage which will have to be fixed plus required expansion will increase shipping costs. Also think about the minimum wage increase while needed and deserved by many will help push all other wages to go up. I remember when minimum wage was increased from $0.75/hr to $1.25/hr over several years, I was working for a plumber who was notified by the licensed plumbers making about 4-5 times minimum that they felt that they needed to keep that ratio. He agreed to do that starting in about six months. In the late 50's a 3 man framing crew would build a 600-750 sq ft house house in 6-8 days and made (total for all 3) $179.00-$199.00 per week. Houses ran about $9/sq ft and in four years were running $14/sq ft. We are at somewhere around $300/sq ft now and climbing.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spray in bed liners and SPLASH GUARDS have been consistent constraint items. When I ordered in August 21, the dealer told me that including splash guards might cause delays. I replied that if Ford could not figure out how to put splash guards on a Maverick, I didn't trust them to build a hybrid power train.

I am still waiting but I have not changed my position.
Ditto even though I now realize the splash guards are too small and I will need a slightly larger one. DANG!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new Ranger looks good.. Looks like a bigger Maverick! I wonder if Ford will ever lengthen the bed on the Mav to 5 feet.
Sponsored

Reactions: fmt