First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $1500 destination but no dealer fees.
Surprised at that. All I have herd have doc fees. They have to charge everyone the same fee. Some states have it capped. Some do not. Been told in Florida it's like $1500. NY has it capped at $175.
Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I paid msrp which includes the destination fee and then my dealer charged $500 fee and that was it. Other fees- sales tax, title fees, etc. will be collected by the dealers in Missouri in the future but for now I paid it at the license office.

Steveyg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT/ 23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. Picked up 23 hybrid Friday and paid new MSRP with new destination and delivery fee of 1595 on the window sticker. Business tax 425, state sales tax 1722, local sales tax 88, temporary tag 5, state license 143. 26553 for a new XL Hybrid with ZERO options. 42.1 MPG on the dash mixed but mostly highway driving on the way home, about 75 miles all told.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer may say they are discounting the delivery fee or doc fee or xxxx fee but not really. They are just taking some off the overall cost of MSRP plus fees plus profit.

Sponsored

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every vehicle has a “Destination or Delivery“ charge. Even if you buy an F-150 in Dearborn and it’s built in Dearborn. Come on people, is this your first new vehicle purchase? You’re lucky to be receiving a Maverick. Many of us are still waiting and hoping to get scheduled.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I paid the msrp,taxes,delivery fee,and title and license fee.I haven’t ever paid the other bs stuff🤨corse been buying from same dealor for about out 40 years.
Some cars i got a discount on off msrp.helps to work with one dealor!

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will be signing paperwork in the next day or two. I paid over MSRP which I am ok with but there is also a $1500 destination fee.....I believe that is how it is labeled on the invoice. I have read about making them stick to MSRP and no add on fees.....I totally get that but I have zero patience and need a vehicle right now. So the question stands.....is there a way around this fee or suck it up if you want your truck?
Destination fee is on /included in MSRP already

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every vehicle has a “Destination or Delivery“ charge. Even if you buy an F-150 in Dearborn and it’s built in Dearborn. Come on people, is this your first new vehicle purchase? You’re lucky to be receiving a Maverick. Many of us are still waiting and hoping to get scheduled.
Yes....first new truck and I had to pay over msrp to become one of the lucky ones.

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
22 Maverick had $1495 destination fee and $995 dealer fee. Ordered my 23 from a difference dealer because no one called back from the previous dealer. They tried to tell me I had to pay the new destination fee but I told them to contact Ford since I ordered 9/22 when the fee was lower. They came back and said I was right and original pricing would prevail. Theor dealer fee is $895. A smaller dealership with better service and lower dealer fee.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Yes, it was my first time in 18 years that I purchased a new vehicle. The one prior to that was 25 years ego. Do I keep up with all of the items on the sales contract with the dealer? Of course not, it's not something I do frequently.

Did I contest/research items on the sales contract just to learn that it is the maximum allowed by the fed/state laws? Of course not, just politely declined extended warranties and all of the other add-ons; to the dealer's credit, they didn't push hard at all.

Just like others receiving their Maverick, I did not feel lucky getting it. It was more like, about @#$% time Ford...

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be signing paperwork in the next day or two. I paid over MSRP which I am ok with but there is also a $1500 destination fee.....I believe that is how it is labeled on the invoice. I have read about making them stick to MSRP and no add on fees.....I totally get that but I have zero patience and need a vehicle right now. So the question stands.....is there a way around this fee or suck it up if you want your truck?
Destination fee is included in the MSRP (no way around it). The Doc fee is based in the state where you are purchasing the vehicle from.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well that certainly is not true...... hundreds and hundreds of people here have paid less than MSRP

All the Chapman orders, the Grainer orders and Koons orders to name just a few

Are you talking MY22 or MY23?

bones_

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 pinto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Destination here is $1,695.
Plus 8.25% tax.
Your cost doesn't seem so bad, but it's relative. A state with a high income tax might have a lower fee or tax.
Sponsored