2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take it off your order so my order with CP360 goes through... :D

Kidding aside, yes, I believe safety features like CP360 are important. I've had them on multiple vehicles, and to me it is essential.
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have it on my Ranger and soon built Maverick.

I drive my wife’s car without it and never thought I would miss it but I do greatly. Never thought of it as a need but it is for me buying new.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$650? That's a door ding today! I will wait for the CP360!

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
I weighed ordering it. Decided that if I had to rely on it to keep me safe, it was time to hang up the keys. I skipped it. Decided the standard forward collision detect with emergency braking was good enough. For lane keeping, if I can’t see the road at night in heavy rain or snow, I pull off and wait for things to improve.

But that’s just me. I don’t miss not having cruise control either, so maybe I’m just weird. I find keeping an eye on the EV Coach display (Hybrid) keeps me alert.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes its worth it after warranty is up you can hack it to lane center as well i just wish it would beep at me when someone is in my blind spot and i turn on signal light, the little yellow light is hard to notice sometimes. if it beeped and pulled me away ( like when changing lanes with no blink) then it would be perfect. i know it already is capable of beeping because backing out with cross traffic alert it gives an audible warning. hope someone can hack this too, my parents kia ev does it, come on ford....

Sponsored

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way I look at it is if it prevents even one accident or assists in any way, then it is worth it. I never had these features before but I am not closed to the idea. Im patiently waiting for my scheduled build and I am sure it would have gotten here if I axed the 360.

Patience is a virtue I guess 🤷‍♂️

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rear traffic alert has probably saved me from crunching a guy in a parking lot, so it's paid for itself already imo.

At first I thought lane keep assist sucked, but then I was driving on a deserted mountain highway in the dark and dropped a precious piece of chocolate on the floor. As I reached down to fumble for it, I felt the Mav steering me left quite aggressively, I looked up and it had stopped me from drifting off the road at 75. So yes, it's worth it for that one time you might momentarily miscalculate a turn because let's face it, we all occasionally make mistakes.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This, the beep serves no purpose than to make people even more lazier.

Like I said, BSM is not a replacement for checking your mirror before any lane changes. It's a tool to be used in conjunction with aware and defensive driving.
Exactly, not that they aren't useful but you should be able to drive a vehicle first and foremost without safety aids.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will answer your question with a question how much is your life worth how much is your family's life worth how much are your loved ones life worth that should answer your question if it's worth the wait I will be held over to a 23 because I have the co-pilot 360 on my XL to me it's definitely worth the wait. 😊👍
If they are worth that much you'll learn how to drive correctly first not hope the vehicle manafacturer actually cares (which they don't) and is not doing it for liability or to drum up sales.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
It works fine in the dark, probably works just as well in the rain, one thing to mention, only works over 40mph so keep that in mind.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To the O.P. question, no. I've driven vehicles with these aids before and also modified mine to have lane keep assist. I never found them to bring anything to the table that I couldn't drive without. The pre-collision assist along with the air bags are more likely to save a life than anything in the Copilot package. There is a reason it is called CO-Pilot and not safety pilot.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm dropping it from my 23 order. It would be worth the wait if there was some assurance that it will ever get built, but not in the current climate.
Well thank you for helping one of us get ours sooner. Every advantage helps.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have both visual and audible alerts available on my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali. I turned the audible alert off because it was so annoying. I don't need my vehicle beeping at me every time someone passes me in the left lane......jus say'in
Every car I had that had both visual, and audio warning, showed when a car was in your blind spot, but only made the audio sound if you had your directional blinker on. I wish the Maverick had an audio warning.
Sponsored