First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a video I saw that shows 360 in action.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1,400 makes for a lot longer day than I can do! I had a Shreveport to Atlanta that I ran quite often (and of course Atlanta to Shreveport) that was 620 miles and we got that down to a 10 1/2 hour day. I don't think I could make the trip there and back in one day. 1,400 miles divided by 24 hrs is 58 mph for 24 hours... or 70 mph for 20 hours (not including stops)

You probably had your wife or driving partner drive while you slept. Duh. I was thinking "There's no way you could manage driving 24 hours a day for very long."

I end up averaging right around 55 mph on long trips. Not that I drive that slow, it's just that every 3 - 4 hours, I need to fuel up and take a potty break... I've done most of those longer trips with 3-4 girls and my wife and by the time I average out travel time with breaks, it was always right around the same 55 mph. It's so consistent that now when I plan trips, I plan them at 55 mph. However, when by myself, I end up beating my estimates by quite a lot. You'd think that as an analyst, I'd remember to back out the potty break times... I didn't say I was a good analyst or industrial engineer, for that matter. LOL
No, never had a co driver, but wasn't stuck driving a vehicle that would only go 70mph either.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, never had a co driver, but wasn't stuck driving a vehicle that would only go 70mph either.
Averaging 70 isn't the same as top speed...
1400 / 100 mph = 14 hours of driving
1400 / 90 mph = 15 hours
1400 / 80 mph = 17.5 hours
1400 / 70 mph = 20 hours

It's just hard imagining driving over 80 mph for 17 hours of a day.

Sponsored

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my mind, advanced safety features is one of the main reasons to get a new model car instead of something older. I know CP360 on the Maverick is less advanced than some other vehicles out there. But I wouldn't consider buying a new car without getting the safety features.

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. It seems to do a good job at night and although I haven't driven a lot in the rain yet, it does warn me of lane drift in all weather conditions. The blind spot lights are handy, although I added a 2" convex mirror to both sides, just because I like a double check. I did not get the ACC and wish I had. As has been said already, safety features are worth having. It may save your life even though you may never realize it. I would order the CP360 again, and add the ACC. Good luck!

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
I wouldn’t consider a vehicle without it. Yes, works good in all types of weather.

sabrefighter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick eco boost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YES!!! It is very worth it! Especially with the lane keep assist, Collision warning and stop, and it's ability to slow and speed up with the vehicle in front of you. All settings are adjustable also.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. It seems to do a good job at night and although I haven't driven a lot in the rain yet, it does warn me of lane drift in all weather conditions. The blind spot lights are handy, although I added a 2" convex mirror to both sides, just because I like a double check. I did not get the ACC and wish I had. As has been said already, safety features are worth having. It may save your life even though you may never realize it. I would order the CP360 again, and add the ACC. Good luck!
Ordered Maverick from Horstrom, PN and flew there to pick up the truck. CP-360 sounded like a decent option and adding a full-size spare tire was part of CP-360 pkg...so CP-360 net price was $380, a bargain. Left the dealership in Maverick and an hour later stopped for something to eat. Leaving the restaurant, the Rear Motion Detector of the CP-360 alerted me something was behind me...sure enough a very short, little-o-lady in a walker was slowly walking behind the Maverick. Did not even see her with the mirrors. At that moment I realized the CP-360 was well worth the cost...Since then the backup alert feature has probably saved me from backing into someone else a 1/2 dozen times.

Never had CP-360 on previous vehicles but would never order another vehicle without CP-360 but do sort of regret not ordering ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control).

Last edited:

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally try to be really nice on this site. I'm gonna make one exception and say what I think on this subject, and it will offend some people. I'm cool with that. Feel free to offend me back.

We're 65 and 66, and we'll never be without driver assist features again (our Volvo XC40 introduced us to them). People who disrespect ADAS systems are frankly ignorant and can go pound sand. ADAS systems aren't yet perfect, but they stop human beings from crashing into other human beings on a daily basis. Enough said. They also have rare false alarms and can be annoying to some. That's fair to acknowledge - they ain't perfect, but they're dang good.

For seniors they're a no brainer. For arrogant drivers of any age who think they're perfect 24 x 7 x 365 (I don't think they're as perfect as they claim), ADAS is the feature that will keep them from having to lie to the police officer about who is at fault. For those people, the rest of us need dash cams, which is a feature sorely lacking on the Maverick and many other cars.

Soon as somebody starts ranting about how perfectly they drive, I start laughing. I've been around. I've seen you on the road. You're just lying to yourself. I saw you nodding at the wheel. I saw you eating fast food while driving. I saw you putting on makeup. I saw you reading the newspaper while driving. I see you every day texting while driving. You need ADAS - for me, not for you.
If you have backed out of a parking spot along side two suv, then you need this....it will be on my23 order roll over.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I just see no point in having any of that technology unless you can trust your life with it. Why have a BSM system if you still have to look over your shoulder? If you need a lane keeping system, you probably shouldn't be driving anyway.

Now blind spot cameras and a front camera would be a lot cooler than all of those features.
You're remind me of my Mother.

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
I have it on my F150 and it works I. Rainy conditions. I don't know about snow

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
It identifies the lines when it's raining and dark on my F150. Adaptive cruise control has saved me a few times as well. I value it more than the lane keeping, but both are great safety features that should be standard equipment IMO
Sponsored