john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have my Maverick about a week, I have a Eco, awd, 4k tow, fx4, Co-pilot 360 with few other options, I was confused about the Co-Pilot 360 operation
the icon on dash wasn't turning green when driving local and every once in a while my steering wheel would vibrate, I watched all the video's on line I could find asked a few ford owners and all said it should light up when turning system on, I even asked someone at ford, all said it should light up. Then I went on highway and it started working and noticed the green light goes out under about 40mph, is that normal is that the way its works only over 40mph?? In the video's I watched nobody mentioned it was speed regulated, it doesn't work at low speed? local driving?
Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't answer your specific question, but this only seems to work for me on the highway as I have to have my ACC enabled for it to do anything. Otherwise the lane keeping only seems to warn me, it doesn't actually do anything without the ACC being switched on. But maybe I have mine configured wrong. I have enjoyed it on the I-5 but thought it would be a bigger part of my daily driving experience.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't answer your specific question, but this only seems to work for me on the highway as I have to have my ACC enabled for it to do anything. Otherwise the lane keeping only seems to warn me, it doesn't actually do anything without the ACC being switched on. But maybe I have mine configured wrong. I have enjoyed it on the I-5 but thought it would be a bigger part of my daily driving experience.
I've had no issues with lane centering working at lower speeds 30+. Cruise control does need to be on and set, although you can just turn it on as soon as you cross the minimum mph and drive manually at any speed faster. I can't speak to the lane keeping of non-Lariat Lux CP360 though; have that turned off so I get full size digital speedometer when cruise is off.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
40mph is the normal

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have CP360 on my XLT, but prior to this, I had a Hyundai Tucson which had a similar package. It didn't come on until 35 mpg, so I would imagine this is correct.

Sponsored

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CP360 is complicated and only marginally documented in the owner's manual under Lane Keeping System. It is not lane centering which is a separate option. It does have lane keeping which has three settings off, warning and assist. If you scroll through the screen using the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel you can bring up a graphic which tells you when the lane departure is active. The warning, as far as I can tell, is a slight vibration in the steering wheel. It is configurable to the amount of vibration you want. The assist mode works with the braking system and will steer you back onto the road. It takes some getting used to. Curved acceleration ramps going onto a highway set it off dramatically. It will detect the outside white line and firmly steer you around the ramp and won't like you crossing the dotted line unless you use your turn signal. A button on the end of the left stalk will turn it off temporarily and it will also warn you if your hands are off the wheel for more than 15 seconds. the manual says it works at speeds above 64 km/hr. I think I remember it activating at speeds lower than that.

The other CP360 systems are cross traffic and pedestrian awareness, blind spot detection, pre-collision assist and a doze alert. I think it may save me someday.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my Maverick about a week, I have a Eco, awd, 4k tow, fx4, Co-pilot 360 with few other options, I was confused about the Co-Pilot 360 operation
the icon on dash wasn't turning green when driving local and every once in a while my steering wheel would vibrate, I watched all the video's on line I could find asked a few ford owners and all said it should light up when turning system on, I even asked someone at ford, all said it should light up. Then I went on highway and it started working and noticed the green light goes out under about 40mph, is that normal is that the way its works only over 40mph?? In the video's I watched nobody mentioned it was speed regulated, it doesn't work at low speed? local driving?
Yes that is normal, lane keep assist won't trigger under 40 mph and only if the camera can detect the lane lines. It will also shut off for sharp curves in the road see ability of the camera to detect lane lines in the road as the reason.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
My hybrid sets at 40 mph.

OP
OP
WJOHNM

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes that is normal, lane keep assist won't trigger under 40 mph and only if the camera can detect the lane lines. It will also shut off for sharp curves in the road see ability of the camera to detect lane lines in the road as the reason.
Thank you for your reply, I was experimenting this morning and tried with cruse on not set, still don't work under 40 mph. I ONLY DO LOCAL DRIVING AND THOUGH THERE Was SOMETHING WRONG, I was very surprised in all the video's I watched they don't mention you have to be over 40mph for lane keep to operate as described. I assume ford figures you cant do to much damage under 40 if you fall asleep while driving.
Sponsored