First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like you, it relies on being able to visually see lane markings. Understand that it will not function in bad weather, if it functions at all. If you cannot see properly to drive, it probably can't see either.

Having said all that, it's still worth having as a safety system.
It works in rain...
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It works in rain...
Carefully read what I said, then see what the PDF owners manual says, page 230: "WARNING: In cold and severe weather conditions the system may not function. Rain, snow and spray can all limit sensor performance."

dgreenjets

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
I have had a few trips back and forth from Montgomery AL, to Birmingham AL (about 90 miles) both on highway and on back roads. It has rained many of those trips and I have never seen a difference in the co-pilot. In fact, I have come to rely on it as an additional comfort in such instances.

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This, the beep serves no purpose than to make people even more lazier.

Like I said, BSM is not a replacement for checking your mirror before any lane changes. It's a tool to be used in conjunction with aware and defensive driving.
I disagree about the beeps. My current vehicle isn't a Ford, but the audio function has been wonderful on the highway. I do have to use my blinker for it to function. You should use them anyway, so no brainer there. The reason I like is if I need to pass someone and someone else is flying down the lane you are going INTO it beeps to let me know. That has saved me more than once. Yes, I looked in my mirror first. It was clear, then I hear the beep and relook and sure enough here comes the vehicle, then I go over. We are all already going 70 (some faster) so there isn't much reaction time and every little bit of warning we can get helps.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Carefully read what I said, then see what the PDF owners manual says, page 230: "WARNING: In cold and severe weather conditions the system may not function. Rain, snow and spray can all limit sensor performance."
Snow or heavy bugs from higher speed long driving can make the sensors go crazy.

Sponsored

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It saved me money on my insurance because my truck had this feature.?I got a dealer ordered XL that came with CoPilot 360…..and I am glad it did.

jaguzy

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
Yes. It is work the wait. If you are ordering an XL, the added benefit is that it will come with automatic adjustable mirrors and electronic gas cap lock. While without it you will have manually adjust mirrors and gas cap won't have a lock.
Of course having the blindspot monitoring, which is the brightest light mirror indicator of any car, and all the other safety features.

So glad I ordered it.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of a mixed bag, I have the Copilot 360 and ACC. The Blind spot monitoring is fine, I am glad it doesn't beep. The rear cross traffic is very helpful, especially since I tend to be next to longer vehicles which limits visibility and warned me a couple of times. I may/may not have seen them and stomped the breaks but it did alert me first. As to the ACC/Lane keeping...more of a mixed bag. I really can only play with this on the highway which I try and actively avoid, so it rarely gets used. Of the handful of times I used the feature I thought, well neat. Except one time it failed to notice I was quickly approaching a stopped vehicle and I had to slam on the breaks and it gave a disengaged warning. I find the collision assist to be wonky. It alerts me at odd times, usually well after a vehicle has turned. I don't have a ton of confidence in that feature. Also the Lane keeping only seems to work in tandem with the ACC, so again, just a highway feature. I am not upset I have it, just thought it would be a bigger deal than it actually is. I am about to take a cross country trip though and looking forward to using this more.

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally try to be really nice on this site. I'm gonna make one exception and say what I think on this subject, and it will offend some people. I'm cool with that. Feel free to offend me back.

We're 65 and 66, and we'll never be without driver assist features again (our Volvo XC40 introduced us to them). People who disrespect ADAS systems are frankly ignorant and can go pound sand. ADAS systems aren't yet perfect, but they stop human beings from crashing into other human beings on a daily basis. Enough said. They also have rare false alarms and can be annoying to some. That's fair to acknowledge - they ain't perfect, but they're dang good.

For seniors they're a no brainer. For arrogant drivers of any age who think they're perfect 24 x 7 x 365 (I don't think they're as perfect as they claim), ADAS is the feature that will keep them from having to lie to the police officer about who is at fault. For those people, the rest of us need dash cams, which is a feature sorely lacking on the Maverick and many other cars.

Soon as somebody starts ranting about how perfectly they drive, I start laughing. I've been around. I've seen you on the road. You're just lying to yourself. I saw you nodding at the wheel. I saw you eating fast food while driving. I saw you putting on makeup. I saw you reading the newspaper while driving. I see you every day texting while driving. You need ADAS - for me, not for you.
Well said! I am 72, wife 71, and her 2019 Nissan Rogue has ADAS, and it’s a life saver. We’re healthy, cautious drivers, but we make mistakes at times (not stupid mistakes like texting, etc.), and the ADAS gives us an extra layer of safety. It’s the only option I ordered on my hybrid Lariat and I may take delivery next month, fingers crossed.

kenswebdesign

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane keep is stronger than other brand which is good. Blind spot doesn't make beeping sound like other brands so it's useless. But it's worth it for XL.
I think it has the best lane keeping assist I have driven. I turn off the warning, and it just kind of gently moves you back in the lane without pinballing you down the road like a lot of rental cards I have tried it on. I find the blind spot monitor works fine... you have to glance at the mirror since it does not beep, but you should be looking at the mirror anyway. And on my car that does beep for blind spot, it only happens if you use the turn signal for a lane change, and I think I am one of only 12 people in USA that signals a lane change. But the best is the cross traffic alert when backing up from a parking lot when in between 2 giant SUVs and can't see at all.

Sponsored

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
I'm trying to decide whether to put this on my '23 order. I am primarily interested in the lane keeping functions. The times I could really use it are when it's dark and raining. My aging eyes are stating to struggle a bit with that. Does the lane assist function well in those conditions, or does it need clear visibility to perform effectively?
I have the Co Pilot 360. In my opinion, it would be well worth the wait to get it. The BLIS ( blind spot indicator system ) is excellent. . I would rather have kept driving my old 2007 Ranger, than leave out that feature. my new Maverick. i am going to,change lanes , I still will look over my shoulder to check, but with the BLIS , I will know if there is something in my blind spot.so won't have to crank my head around.. I'm 63 so the less I have to do that, the better. The BLIS also has the cross traffic alert, another excellent feature, when in reverse.

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Lane keep is stronger than other brand which is good. Blind spot doesn't make beeping sound like other brands so it's useless. But it's worth it for XL.
BLIS system, is FAR from useless for me. You can glance in the mirror and it shows if something is in your Blind spot.. A lot easier than Cranking my head around... But I am 63 ......
( BTW.if I am going to make a lane change, and the light is NOT on . I still check the other lane, the old fashioned way,..as there is a remote possibility that light could be non functional... but when it is working and On , it saves me the trouble of looking over my shoulder )

Last edited:

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is Co-pilot 360 Worth The Wait?

By itself, No. As part of your Maverick, Yes!

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
I believe that a full size spare tire comes with cp360.
I've got an XLT with the FX 4 and the CP 360.. I paid $ 165 extra for a full size spare. However, I am in Canada. Maybe it is different in the USA.. if so that's good .
Sponsored