First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First post! I ordered the Keyless Entry Keypad for my 2024 XLT and it arrived. Am I able to program it myself or do I need to bring it to the dealer and pay for an install? If you know how to program it please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the dealer install and program ours on our 24 Lariat Hybrid. All I had to do was set a personal code done from the keypad and choose the location I wanted it. In looking at the instructions that came with ours I don't see a way to program it to the truck. Maybe others can chime in for how that is done. I do love the added functionality that this provides.

Ford Maverick Installing Keyless Entry Keypad? IMG_9399

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once my FordPass Points come in, I'm gonna order one and have it placed on the door sill like it was when it was standard. :)

Sponsored

Vietanhus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Viny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much the dealership charge you for the installation?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was 230 total for the part that included installation and programming. And we got to choose the location.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cannot program it yourself unless you have the Ford Diagnostic Tool and know how to use it. The dealer is going to get 1 hour labor minimum and I do not blame them.

The old system was do it yourself, but that ended a number of years back.

I think these new ones come in gloss black as well as textured. Sure glad I got the wired one on my 23. Use it a lot.

Vietanhus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Viny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealership want minimum 1 hours labor charge for $199 I really stupid bought the Key pad wireless entry with can not return even you are not open yet ????????? Ford accessories. So any one beware fully to buying anything from them ,now I have to look around Ford dealership services for cheaper labor for that install!!!!!!!! LESS THAN $100 TO INSTALL PROBABLY ACCEPTABLE BUT $200 IT OUTRAGEOUS

Last edited:
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cannot program it yourself unless you have the Ford Diagnostic Tool and know how to use it. The dealer is going to get 1 hour labor minimum and I do not blame them.

I think these new ones come in gloss black as well as textured. Sure glad I got the wired one on my 23. Use it a lot.
Absurd that they should get an hour as it can be done in less than 10 minutes by any semi-competent tech. That's why the ford accessory site even states 0.2 hours of labor for the job. Charging an hour labor either means the tech is incompetent or the dealer is scummy or both.

Cobra1guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I blame any dealer that charges a hour minimum for that job. I bought a new key fob two dealers told me 3 hours minimum the dealer I chose told me 15 minutes.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer quoted $24 for the install and programming. Paying over $100 for installation is a complete ripoff.
I just let it slide with our dealership who charged 230 including installation and programming as they gave us 3000 more on our trade in than expected which also cut down the sales tax.
Sponsored