First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I missed something but does the Maverick have the driver door keypad entry as have past and current Fords? I see remote start but I like to have pockets empty of fobs, keys and cellphones.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cnorman777

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I missed something but does the Maverick have the driver door keypad entry as have past and current Fords? I see remote start but I like to have pockets empty of fobs, keys and cellphones.
My bad. See one on a actual vehicle picture. All good.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know on the Lariat trim it has a keypad entry...can't remember if the other trims has this option.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT and Lariat have the keypad on driver side.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT and Lariat have the keypad on driver side.
Can the keypad be added later to an XL? I like to purposely lock my key in the vehicle while at the beach, boating, etc. where I might lose a key in my pocket. I had this on my Sport Trac and loved it. Doesn't look like the XL trim has it. Some say a stick-on keypad can be ordered and applied. True?

Sponsored

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the keypad be added later to an XL? I like to purposely lock my key in the vehicle while at the beach, boating, etc. where I might lose a key in my pocket. I had this on my Sport Trac and loved it. Doesn't look like the XL trim has it. Some say a stick-on keypad can be ordered and applied. True?
Yes. Ford makes an aftermarket stick on one. That’s what I will be getting. They’ve been supplying them with Bronco and have heard no complaints.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the XL have to have any other existing equipment to allow this to work or does it just communicate with the power locks in a wireless fashion like the key fob does? In other words stick on and go? I imagine it must have a battery inside?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the XL have to have any other existing equipment to allow this to work or does it just communicate with the power locks in a wireless fashion like the key fob does? In other words stick on and go? I imagine it must have a battery inside?
Yes, it's functionally a stick-on remote with battery.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What if someone would rip off the keypad? Can you place the keypad somewhere hidden if it's not pre installed? How would you change the battery?

On XLT and Lariat, is wired or same thing stuck with tape?

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish Ford got rid of these keypads and with the saving offered instead as standard a push-bottom start inside.
it is a 2022 vehicle! why should we upgrade to Lariat for it?

Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Just like the one channel you really want to watch on Dish Network is only available on the next higher upgrade tier. It’s called marketing

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What if someone would rip off the keypad? Can you place the keypad somewhere hidden if it's not pre installed? How would you change the battery?

On XLT and Lariat, is wired or same thing stuck with tape?
Yes, someone could rip it off. I don't know if I would trust its weather resistance to, say, tuck it under the rockers. Maybe you could stick it in the fuel filler area although that'd only work on an Ecoboost. The battery isn't replaceable. The OE keypads on the door pillar are hardwired.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, someone could rip it off. I don't know if I would trust its weather resistance to, say, tuck it under the rockers. Maybe you could stick it in the fuel filler area although that'd only work on an Ecoboost. The battery isn't replaceable. The OE keypads on the door pillar are hardwired.
The battery isn't replaceable? So when it dies you have to buy a whole new keypad? How long does the battery last, especially in cold winter conditions?

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish they were hidden in the b pillar and light up when you touch them.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish Ford got rid of these keypads and with the saving offered instead as standard a push-bottom start inside.
it is a 2022 vehicle! why should we upgrade to Lariat for it?
To me, having the keypad is more important than push-button start. Why? Because when I ski I don't like to have my vehicle key with me (in case it gets lost -- on a ski slope somewhere). Having the keypad allows me to leave the key in the truck.
Sponsored