First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To me, having the keypad is more important than push-button start. Why? Because when I ski I don't like to have my vehicle key with me (in case it gets lost -- on a ski slope somewhere). Having the keypad allows me to leave the key in the truck.
Precisely! There are lots of times I don't want to carry my phone or any other electronics with me and would like to lock them inside the truck. That includes the keyfob. The pad allows me to do that. I guess the other option might be able to get an old-fashioned key I could wear on a chain or something. It wouldn't run the vehicle but at least could open the door and would not be damaged by water. Sometimes the low-tech solutions are the best. :)
Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can the keypad be added later to an XL? I like to purposely lock my key in the vehicle while at the beach, boating, etc. where I might lose a key in my pocket. I had this on my Sport Trac and loved it. Doesn't look like the XL trim has it. Some say a stick-on keypad can be ordered and applied. True?
Dealer accessory S8 $100

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So confirmed XLT and Lariat are wired which would alleviate anxiety about theft and battery thus losing access.

And if you choose to add it as a stick on item, would it be better ordering two one as a back up but also coded to the truck and the second one stuck on the truck somewhere hidden maybe somewhere on the bed.

Vietanhus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Viny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did regret to buying 1 with no return even not open to do anything yet $120 for the part and ford dealership charge for minimum 1 hour labor of $199 to install to program that key pad ,probably around $250 to 300 for that key pad entry will last for 4 5 years than throw it away because battery no replacement ,if I knew that not easy DYI so I'm not buying that for my Hybrid XL ,not worth it for the price!!!!!!

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did regret to buying 1 with no return even not open to do anything yet $120 for the part and ford dealership charge for minimum 1 hour labor of $199 to install to program that key pad ,probably around $250 to 300 for that key pad entry will last for 4 5 years than throw it away because battery no replacement ,if I knew that not easy DYI so I'm not buying that for my Hybrid XL ,not worth it for the price!!!!!!
The Ford Accessories site shows a 30-day return window,,,,,,

HRG

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford Accessories site shows a 30-day return window,,,,,,

HRG
FYI - when I bought mine it specifically said that it was non returnable. I believe that's policy for any electrical parts

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I missed something but does the Maverick have the driver door keypad entry as have past and current Fords? I see remote start but I like to have pockets empty of fobs, keys and cellphones.
Not on the '24s. Ford dropped them on factory 24
Sponsored