First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw the hot pepper red, 2.0EB Lariat, FX4, 4k tow package, trainer Maverick in-person today. Quite a few people there too. Didn't get a lot of pictures. Sat in it and was impressed by the roominess. I'm a big boy, and by big, not tall. I was worried that my basic anatomy might be uncomfortable. With the seat all the way back, I was comfy. No adult could sit behind me, though. A few other big guys sat in the truck at the same time, and everyone said they felt good. I did sit in the back, behind the passenger seat, with the seat forward quite a bit. I was comfy there, but like I said, if the seat is all the way back, I probably wouldn't be comfy.

We weren't able to start the truck because the trainer with the key wasn't around. However, he did make a quick appearance, and I was able to ask him about the MPG. He said he's averaging about 31.5. He also said that on his trip from Detroit to Ohio, all highway, he was getting 35. I hope those numbers are true to what we'll see in real world performance.

As for the pics. Didn't have a whole lot of time to really get good ones. I was on a work break, but I parked my Subaru Forester next to it to kind of give an idea about the size. Wish I could have gotten more, but I just learned about it being at the dealer this morning. For those of you in Ohio, this same truck will be at Germain Ford on Thursday, 8/12.

Ford Maverick Impressions from Maverick 2.0L trainer. Legroom tested. 31-35 MPG reported. 20210811_120334

Ford Maverick Impressions from Maverick 2.0L trainer. Legroom tested. 31-35 MPG reported. 20210811_120347

Ford Maverick Impressions from Maverick 2.0L trainer. Legroom tested. 31-35 MPG reported. 20210811_120456
Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Every time I read about the fuel economy of the 2.0L Ecoboost from these kinds of post, the more I believe Ford hasn't mentioned their targeted fuel economy as to not diminish the hybrid's appeal.

Also, great size comparison next to the Subaru!

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad was able to get there and check it out. He was impressed. Said that it pretty much would fit everything that I would need a truck for which is why I sent him to take a look at it and see his in person impressions.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time I read about the fuel economy of the 2.0L Ecoboost from these kinds of post, the more I believe Ford hasn't mentioned their targeted fuel economy as to not diminish the hybrid's appeal.

Bingo

Sponsored

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I hope you're right but I'm skeptical of these kinds of mpg reports.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking, most of these numbers are trainers driving on the highway from dealership to dealership before trainings. I think literally, YMMV. or rather YM WILL V

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I think you are right James. The 30-35 MPG for the 2.0 engine makes the hybrid a little less appealing. I wonder what the MPG in town will be?

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are right James. The 30-35 MPG for the 2.0 engine makes the hybrid a little less appealing. I wonder what the MPG in town will be?
Also, keep in mind, we don't have any mileage reports for the hybrid...maybe they are better than advertised, too?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes, getting 30-35 mpg may have put more people in mind of the Ecoboost than the Hybrid. Still I'm sticking with my Hybrid Maverick, it will fit my needs now and in the future.

EDIT UPDATE: Talking to the Maverick Trainer he showed me he was getting 31mpg on the Lariat Ecoboost FX4 model he was driving and stated that the other Trainers in the Hybrid model have been getting high 30s to low 40s mpg!!

Last edited:

BigRedDog

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan Titan P4X
I do love hearing these reports about the 2.0EB mileage. I have a hard time believing 35 mpg, even in ideal highway conditions...but you never know. It sure makes me feel better about foregoing the hybrid since I really need AWD out here in Colorado.