Sponsored

jason2572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Was at the Olathe Kansas Ford demo today for sale training. First let me say....the Maverick is awesome. Speaking with the trainer...he was averaging 31 mpg mix of highway and city with 87 gas. That's pretty good folks! He also said he expected the winter blend to drop it about 3mpg so closer to 28 or 27 mpg...I will take that any day.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Was at the Olathe Kansas Ford demo today for sale training. First let me say....the Maverick is awesome. Speaking with the trainer...he was averaging 31 mpg mix of highway and city with 87 gas. That's pretty good folks! He also said he expected the winter blend to drop it about 3mpg so closer to 28 or 27 mpg...I will take that any day.
Not bad at all!
Also, I grew up/spent a good chunk of my life in and around Olathe. Small world!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
16.5gal X 31.5mpg = 519.75 miles. The original post said he had traveled 516 miles on the tank.
Sure, but he may have stopped along the way, gone to the john and topped off his tank.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably. Wife and I both grew up in abject poverty, now we're both successful professionals with more resources than we ever could have dreamed of. A commuter car is definitely not something that makes us feel like "we've made it", we are well past that.

I am a huge gearhead, but I've driven countless high performing cars on the street and know myself well enough at this point. A track car is likely in my future, but anything more than a basic economy car for my normal commuting needs isn't.
Yep, I had a string of sports cars 1969 AMX, MGB's, MG Midgets, Plymouth Duster, 8 Fiero's so I have satiated my desire at this point. Started a business, sold it, went to grad school(hook'em horns), I did private consulting, got into Forex trading, retired at 60. Cars are a tool, not all hammers feel or work the same. Ya gotta pick what works for you!!!

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I think that I can live with with those numbers 22 City, 29 Highway and 25 Combined for a Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost AWD. My 2012 VW Routan minivan sucks fuel at 17 City, 25 Highway and 20 combined.

Sponsored

rickon66

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2.0 Turbo
We have a 2018 Ford Edge with the 2.0 Turbo and average 24-25 MPG in mixed driving, which is I consider pretty good with the power the engine provides. When I ordered the Maverick I was intrigued by 40 MPG idea but chose the 2.0 Turbo because I wanted a real transmission, I hope I never have to buy a vehicle with a CVT.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, I had a string of sports cars 1969 AMX, MGB's, MG Midgets, Plymouth Duster, 8 Fiero's so I have satiated my desire at this point. Started a business, sold it, went to grad school(hook'em horns), I did private consulting, got into Forex trading, retired at 60. Cars are a tool, not all hammers feel or work the same. Ya gotta pick what works for you!!!
AMX and Duster were early muscle cars more than sports cars IMO.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AMX and Duster were early muscle cars more than sports cars IMO.
Duster, yes. AMX a combination. I won every Gymkahna event(only entered on Asphalt) I was in. Same with the Lotus.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a 2018 Ford Edge with the 2.0 Turbo and average 24-25 MPG in mixed driving, which is I consider pretty good with the power the engine provides. When I ordered the Maverick I was intrigued by 40 MPG idea but chose the 2.0 Turbo because I wanted a real transmission, I hope I never have to buy a vehicle with a CVT.
Apparently the eCVT is a different kind of beast.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
16 miles to empty by the computer.
Oh, OK - but I bet he was watching it closely. That would also tell me that the computer is more accurate than a lot of people think it is as far as MPG. That is great news!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably. Wife and I both grew up in abject poverty, now we're both successful professionals with more resources than we ever could have dreamed of. A commuter car is definitely not something that makes us feel like "we've made it", we are well past that.

I am a huge gearhead, but I've driven countless high performing cars on the street and know myself well enough at this point. A track car is likely in my future, but anything more than a basic economy car for my normal commuting needs isn't.
A good way to retain wealth because all your thinking is along those lines. What does flaunting wealth do ? It only strokes your own ego. Get what you actually need and concentrate on the things that are more important; God and family!

• Haha
Reactions: HPR

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
16 miles to empty by the computer.
He must thrown in a couple gallons at some point. I believe the manual says you can set the empty gauge to 75,50, or 25 miles remaining, but I'm not entirely sure what that means as far as actual operation goes.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He must thrown in a couple gallons at some point. I believe the manual says you can set the empty gauge to 75,50, or 25 miles remaining, but I'm not entirely sure what that means as far as actual operation goes.
That is interesting info to know. I haven't purchased a new car since 2010 so I am sure the new technology will be like Easter eggs :ROFLMAO:. Thanks!!!

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think most cars are calibrated to 1 gallon. I wonder if it's basically just saying that, in addition to the default 1 gallon, you can set it to 2 or 3 gallons (based on 25mpg)?
Sponsored