DarkF1ame

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family SUV, Commuter Car
Hello,

I've been lurking and reading posts for a while but I had to create a profile and ask a question. I frequently need to drive to a job site then sit and work for hours at a time in my vehicle (summers in Texas necessitate the AC). I've seen pictures of people sitting in the back seat and while they fit I don't know if I would want to spend 4 hours back there.

Is there any way you would be able to take a picture of sitting in the back passenger side with the front passenger seat all the way forward? With the inverter and everything else in the back I'm really hoping that there will be sufficient room with the front seat all the way up for me to work comfortably for several hours.

Thank you very much for all the information already provided Noah!
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello,

I've been lurking and reading posts for a while but I had to create a profile and ask a question. I frequently need to drive to a job site then sit and work for hours at a time in my vehicle (summers in Texas necessitate the AC). I've seen pictures of people sitting in the back seat and while they fit I don't know if I would want to spend 4 hours back there.

Is there any way you would be able to take a picture of sitting in the back passenger side with the front passenger seat all the way forward? With the inverter and everything else in the back I'm really hoping that there will be sufficient room with the front seat all the way up for me to work comfortably for several hours.

You're in need of a Maybach.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick 2.0L Intel From Hands-On Experience downloadfile-1

OP
OP
detroiter313

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hello,

Yes so there is some good leg room, and I will be going back to visit the car in the upcoming week, so this will be on my list of things to take photos of. I will be bringing a tape measure and some examples for sizes. This will be helpful.
People asked for things like the "HVAC" system under the seats, the vents, the back sliding glass, room for car seat and all. I will try to help as best as possible!

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting notes on the 10-speed there. I saw a very early preliminary Maverick spec sheet that had a 10-speed replacing the 2.0's 8-speed in one of the packages (can't remember which) but it vanished and switched to all 8 for the 2.0 in subsequent versions. I assumed that meant it was a typo, but maybe they tested it and found it too rough for a vehicle aimed at "non-truck" buyers.
Ford does not have a 10 speed for transverse (sideways) powertrains. So, yes, the 10 speed reference was an early typo.

OP
OP
detroiter313

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ford does not have a 10 speed for transverse (sideways) powertrains. So, yes, the 10 speed reference was an early typo.
Yes because the testing for this vehicle has only been 8-Speed Autos

Sponsored

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello everyone, I ordered the maverick lariat, orange, hybrid, lux package on June 25th. I had to give a $500 refundable deposit. I'm hoping that it's orange and not brassy yellow. I would like some info on the seat height from the ground. I had an 81 nissan, you had to fall in and crawl back out of it.
Thanks

OP
OP
detroiter313

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hello everyone, I ordered the maverick lariat, orange, hybrid, lux package on June 25th. I had to give a $500 refundable deposit. I'm hoping that it's orange and not brassy yellow. I would like some info on the seat height from the ground. I had an 81 nissan, you had to fall in and crawl back out of it.
Thanks
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...at-fx4-front-license-plate-holder-shown.1077/

here is the Cyber orange Jerry, hope this helps. When I go visit the truck again I will be getting more dimensions and all, so stay tuned!

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes so I just have a video of myself filming the interior and the bed closing and all but I will have to get one of it driving for sure. It isn't like I won't be seeing this again. soon I will go back to visit with others. I will try to compose a list of some things that others want to see when it comes to the maverick. the air ducts, back sliding glass, under the back seats, sizes and all. And my goal here it to help give references to those who really are interested in this awesome truck. Again Chris Thanks to people like you who are loving the glory of this beast. PM me for any other questions as well. And we can continue to post on this thread, but I will create a new one when I go to check it out again!
- N
Don't forget about checking if the sun visors can be extended along the side window to block sunlight all of the way to the "B" pillar to block the light for the driver or passenger. Thanks!

bluejeep

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep 2015 dodge journey
My experience with start/stop has been first in a newer jeep wrangler, and recently with a VW something or another.

The jeep restarted once the gas pedal was touched (I think I remember that correctly) and the VW restarted once pressure on the brake pedal was released even only a small amount .

I found the VW process far more enjoyable.

Any experience on how the Maverick does it (restart at release of even small amount of pressure on brake, or application of pressure on throttle?)

Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review. I’ve never been crazy about the Ranger.

Too tall and big. I dislike the tail lights on it. They look oversized.

Now I never driven one but never really was interested in one to try out. To me the Maverick checks off a lot of boxes. Can’t wait to get it.

I have the 10 speed auto in my 18’ Mustang GT. 1st year it was offered. I’ve heard many reviews and forum members say it hunts gears and shifts aren’t smooth at times. I’ve never experienced that with mine. It actually shifts smooth and is super fast.

Some Mustang owners brought it into Ford and had them reprogram the transmission and it seemed to do the trick.
In wandering around the WWW, it was noted that the 10-speed in the Ranger is not the same as the 10-speed in the Mustang. Reporting only what I read online. Some Mustang purchasers were disappointed, FWIW.
tom

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience with start/stop has been first in a newer jeep wrangler, and recently with a VW something or another.

The jeep restarted once the gas pedal was touched (I think I remember that correctly) and the VW restarted once pressure on the brake pedal was released even only a small amount .

Any experience on how the Maverick does it (restart at release of even small amount of pressure on brake, or application of pressure on throttle?)
Check the newly posted owner's manual -- 2022 Ford Maverick Owner's Manual [Download PDF Inside]!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
detroiter313

detroiter313

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST

I believe so, like stated I need to play around with the car and it's technology soon to get a better feel for it.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All, just found out about this page and thought to chip in. I recently had the opportunity to take a look at the new Maverick. Unfortunately they didn't have the 2.5L Hybrid model, as they only had the 8-Speed transmission, but as for someone like myself who ordered a Maverick with the 2.0L and AWD, I personally wasn't complaining. It was good I had some in-depth and physical info on the truck as it felt really solid upon the ride, quick too!

More on the driving experience:

I loved it! very impressed by the size, "get up" speed, size inside, and everything above. The appeal of the truck, the size, the powertrain of the 2.0L AWD with the 8-Speed Auto, just everything.

Trying to get the word out as much as possible about this absolute beauty of a truck that felt solid, no shakes, and the true radios was as good as it sounds.
Thank you for the post! I'm more than likely going to keep my FiST and go hybrid XL, but knowing how well the 2.0 EcoT matches up with the Maverick makes me a little excited and more wishy-washy about what will occur. I don't plan on ordering or buying before next spring.
Sponsored