First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any questions you may have, about battery, and the odd rattle in the dash- Well let me put your mind at rest, this little beast started like a champ drove 36 km at 110km/hr on highway with absolutely no problems, including me using the remote start and letting her warm up for 10 min.

Ford Maverick Yep, that's right -35 degrees (-31°F) IMG_3823
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any questions you may have, about battery, and the odd rattle in the dash- Well let me put your mind at rest, this little beast started like a champ drove 36 km at 110km/hr on highway with absolutely no problems, including me using the remote start and letting her warm up for 10 min.
IMG_3823.jpeg
For those in the USA:

(-35°C × 9/5) + 32 = -31°F

Damn that is cold. ☃

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_3823.jpeg
I would MOVE South Now!

I've been in -45 deg in the Military on a 6-month "field trip" and 75-80 percent of my company suffered frost bite, lost extremities and even died. The captain of my company was demoted to Private rank and kicked out of the Army because he refused our company any hot-gear.

OP
OP
Mtnflyer

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would MOVE South Now!

I've been in -45 deg in the Military on a 6-month "field trip" and 75-80 percent of my company suffered frost bite, lost extremities and even died. The captain of my company was demoted to Private rank and kicked out of the Army because he refused our company any hot-gear.
I've been in the Army now, 27 yrs. I've had my cold days and warm days. All said and done I might join my fellow Canadians in Florida or Arizona when it's time to hang it all up.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been in the Army now, 27 yrs. I've had my cold days and warm days. All said and done I might join my fellow Canadians in Florida or Arizona when it's time to hang it all up.
Thank you for your service! Better hurry up it is getting awfully crowded down here in Florida "Land of the free home of the brave" :) Now for the weather report: N.E. Florida it is an unseasonably Chilly 61 degrees F :) Clear blue skies with a stiff breeze:)

Sponsored

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_3823.jpeg
That's awesome! Did you use the block heater or was it started cold? I'm still waiting for my hybrid, and I'm interested to see how the hybrid battery holds up to the cold. -29F up here (central Minnesota) yesterday, too! Good hockey weather and the beer is never warm!

ccubedzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Cactus Grey XLT/FX4/4KT/CP360
Thank you for your service! Where are you, near Wawa?!?! Ouch....that's chilly!!

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too, THANK YOU for your service to this great land. The military was the best for me and I'm SO GLAD I served. I doubt you will see negative temperatures in Florida / Arizona. Good luck and God Speed in your future endeavors.

OP
OP
Mtnflyer

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your service! Where are you, near Wawa?!?! Ouch....that's chilly!!
I live in Petawawa, but currently working at Recruit Center in Sudbury.

OP
OP
Mtnflyer

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's awesome! Did you use the block heater or was it started cold? I'm still waiting for my hybrid, and I'm interested to see how the hybrid battery holds up to the cold. -29F up here (central Minnesota) yesterday, too! Good hockey weather and the beer is never warm!
No I did not plug into the block heater, I've never used in Ontario, just when I lived in Winnipeg. Go Vikings... well maybe next year ;) Minnesota is just a southern Province, spent a lot of time there in my 20's

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mtnflyer

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your service! Better hurry up it is getting awfully crowded down here in Florida "Land of the free home of the brave" :) Now for the weather report: N.E. Florida it is an unseasonably Chilly 61 degrees F :) Clear blue skies with a stiff breeze:)
Sounds like Ontario in the fall :)

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in Sierra Vista at Fort Huchucha. Bit of a diamond in the rough. Weather rocks and cheap living. Lots of out doors to explore.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+30°F felt tropical this morning in Saint Paul compared to -15°F yesterday morning. The hybrid runs great in sub zero. MPGs go down a lot on cold starts, but once it warms up it runs great and you get still get excellent efficiency. I run the interior temp at 60°F to minimize heater-related engine starts. I do wonder how much a block heater would help with short winter trips.

Last edited:

Grunkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 lariat powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
was a balmy -21F tues/wed mornings this week here in MN (actual air temp not windchill)...would have been fun to test out a hybrid. Warm front came in now it's +27F this am.

OP
OP
Mtnflyer

Mtnflyer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in Sierra Vista at Fort Huchucha. Bit of a diamond in the rough. Weather rocks and cheap living. Lots of out doors to explore.
I did some training not to far from you, near Roswell NM
Sponsored

Last edited: