Sponsored

If no Maverick, what is your back up plan?

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, as it sits my order is confirmed but that is all - I am already thinking it is going to be close to six months so I am hopeful. I have confidence in the dealer where my order went through but, I have also started looking around for other vehicles - it is a virtual desert out there almost to the point of frustration. I got lucky this past summer when I walked onto a Subaru lot and drove off in a new Crosstrek which is now the woman's car. I made a hasty decision and sold my 2020 Civic to buy a Mav which leaves me my venerabe '06 F-150 until I can get the Maverick. I started looking at other choices and they are not available either - Toyota Tacoma TRD, Rav4 TRD, Nissan Frontier. Everything is pre-sold if I find one. Just curious what your back up plan is if you can't get a Maverick right now?
Sponsored

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no back up plan. Sold my truck when I ordered my Maverick. Alternating between borrowing/renting when I need the extra vehicle right now.

I would look at the Frontier-there seem to be plenty of them here in South Florida but past that no idea-Tundra, Colorado and Ranger are all getting complete restyle in next year so don't want to go there.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep driving my 2013 Sorrento and saving more cash to pay on a Maverick. I will eventually get one I hope.

Sponsored

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently sold my 2010 Ranger. I will use my old Vibe until the Maverick arrives. I also peruse FB marketplace for a placeholder(search manual trans. And the options are plenty and reasonable)

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Keep my 2017 Frontier. I love everything about it except fuel economy.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being a greenie, I am going to go with the Yugo Green Plan.

At the end of the month, I put my Yugo in the recycling bin and a new Yugo shows up in my garage the next morning. Better for the environment and if the car lasts 30 days without breaking down I consider it a double bonus.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rent a car and drive for Uber or Lyft. Making extra $$ while I wait.

Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since my Maverick is scheduled for the Feb 28 build week It should arrive around April 1st (April Fools of course). Now that my wife is no longer working I have to decide if I can afford it or walk away and stick with my 2007 Audi A4 @ 19MPG and burning 1 quart every 1000 miles...

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I would get a Santa Cruz, not crazy about the mid size trucks available.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep driving my '97 Camry, and honestly, if Ford would offer some incentive to bump my Aug 2021 Maverick Lariat hybrid order to MY23, I might take them up on it. The biggest risk would be if my Camry got wrecked in the meantime, we'd have to juggle live with one vehicle for a number of months...but I'd consider holding off depending on the incentive and if my "holdover" was one of the first ones out the door in the new model year.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Certainly an interesting time right now in the transportation world. Personally I would hold out as long as possible ( Im talking a few years ) I wouldn't want an Ecoboost Maverick only for the mpg. Here's my prediction - The chip and labor shortage will ease and more new vehicles will be produced. There WILL be more competition. Ford basically released a product with no current competition. Hyundai certainly has some drivetrains that could be converted to electric or hybrid in a small truck. Chevrolet probably will try and counter with something in that market segment. Ram - same there. There will be alternatives it just going to be a bit. The Maverick is a great package and one day there will be an all electric model but they wont be the only player in this field. The biggest reason there hasn't and isnt any competition in the small truck market is the "chicken tax" from 1964 imposed by LBJ to protect US car makers from competition from imported pickup small trucks - mainly Toyota at the time. There are many small pickups that could be brought in right now to the US -like the Ram 700 or others except for the 25% tariff imposed by the government. the Link below on that one As an example, you can purchase the Ram 700 ( A fiat Strada ) in Mexico starting at $12,000. and it gets 38 mpg with a 1.3 liter engine. LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/industry-news/will-kia-sell-a-pickup-truck-in-the-u-s

https://www.ram.com.mx/modelos/ram-700-slt-reg-cab-2022
Ford Maverick If no Maverick, what is your back up plan? 1366_2000

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If my Mav never gets built, prolly go back to another F150 next summer. Loved my last two, they are just more truck than I really need.
Sponsored