Sponsored

If I don’t want to pick up my Hybrid Maverick Order what should I do with it?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can't lease a Maverick.
Probably true, if you're asking the leasing company to find you one... The ADM really screws up their formulas...

But if you have one on order, it might be possible to arrange for a lease (vs purchase) through an independent leasing company, even if Ford Finance isn't willing to write a lease.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get to the point where you have to sign on the dotted line. Then ask your sales manager how much for you not to sign. Take your cash and walk out.
Dealer has ZERO incentive to negotiate something like this. Just bringing it up would be like a shark smelling blood in the water and the dealer likely would harden their position if anything, knowing you were going to walk anyways. I suspect they would politely show you to the door rather than play this game with you.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get the truck and sell it to one of our members who has been waiting since the dawn of time. No mark-up. That would be the right thing to do.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an in production Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat, vin and everything. It has Lux package, copilot 360 and assist. In white. My stocks are down but I can still afford it. Would someone (not you guys) be willing to pay to skip the line to get my truck. Maybe they ordered the wrong trim or their car isn’t going to be made since they took to many hybrid orders. What do you think that is worth? I hate to let the dealer mark it up a crazy amount since the car might arrive soon like in January.

3F9AB2BF-B139-41AF-ABD3-36C9B5718753.jpeg

38D22154-EE1E-41B5-A74D-FA7617B2AA18.jpeg

1075D401-EC7B-48EC-AD84-077C59A0022B.jpeg
It's the easiest thing in the world for a Ford dealer to sell an 'unwanted' Maverick. . . .

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lease the car instead of buying/financing. When you lease you dont pay taxes on full amount. And then you can resell it. This way you can profit little more money.
Leasing still requires a large down payment at signing of lease, and a residual payment for full value of the vehicle to purchase the vehicle at end of lease. May be a $ penalty for early termination of lease as well. OP sounds like they just want out from under paying anything for the vehicle if possible and this would be a convoluted way of doing that - which may not even work for them if investing $ upfront required.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worst car buying advice I've ever seen on this forum.
And I've seen some doozies.

Here's why...

It is true - that you pay incremental amounts of tax monthly on a lease.

But- You are missing a huge problem here!
When you lease, you are obligated to pay ALL the REMAINING payments, including all the interest plus the residual when you buy it out, trade it or pay it off.

PLUS- you typically have to pay the remaining sales tax (on the residual) if you buy it or trade it. I say typically, because some states may be vary.

A terrible idea.

Lease the car instead of buying/financing. When you lease you dont pay taxes on full amount. And then you can resell it. This way you can profit little more money.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you seen dealer lots? They would be watering at the mouth for you not to take your truck, so they can tack in some extra for themselves and sell it to someone else. They make no money if they have nothing to sell!

Sponsored

Zorro

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure, maybe an eco boost, but not a hybrid. Ask Tim, or your local Ford dealer.
you can lease, but the interest rate will be higher than purchasing. But if you are selling the car anyway that should no be an issue.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, this has been asked over and over again and I suspect many whom ordered under the frenzy, just to order, are going to be in this situation soon.

What’s it worth? You can’t really sell something you don’t technically own and a reservation to buy doesn’t really exist. I certainly would think long and hard about buying a new vehicle, just to flip. Especially, if you’re talking that your investments aren’t looking that strong. This isn’t a wise idea.
And this is why supply is changing soon. I just saw a new XL Hybrid for $2,500 over sticker. Wrong color and too far away for me.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My prediction is we'll see a ton more threads like this in the next 6-12 months. OP seems to be doing the fiscally responsible thing and walking away.

"Things aren't as great financially. I've decided to move on. What should I do?"

And yes, by August or so nobody will be paying over MSRP. It's the economy stupid. Wait till Carvana declares bankruptcy and the Fed raises 3 mores times. Repo's and loan defaults are sky rocketing now. Working in financial industry, we've been talking about this upcoming slow down for months (especially lower to middle income brackets). Rich folk who are insulated, will continue to pay more for their Escalades and Porsches.

The moral of the story is all signs point to inventory on dealer lots from orders that have been left for the dealer. If you can wait, do it. Otherwise buy another commodity vehicle that is starting to pile up on the lots.
I think I would say instead of "upcoming slow down" "speeding up of slow down"🤗!

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure about Texas, but in some states you can have the vehicle titled in your name but unregistered, ie just a transit tag, so no sales tax would be charged. Then you can subsequently sell it to someone else who will pay sales tax when they register it.

Same way the out of state Granger sales are handled… transit tag and no sales tax until registered somewhere.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure about Texas, but in some states you can have the vehicle titled in your name but unregistered, ie just a transit tag, so no sales tax would be charged. Then you can subsequently sell it to someone else who will pay sales tax when they register it.

Same way the out of state Granger sales are handled… transit tag and no sales tax until registered somewhere.
Interesting. In Georgia it's called a title ad valorem tax (title tax) . And therefore I assumed it was charged with the title. On the other hand, if you move into the state, obviously you don't need to get a new title but they do charge you an ad valorem tax when you register the vehicle in the state.

Anyone know for sure?
Sponsored