Sponsored

If I decide I don't want the Maverick anymore, should I still take it and try to flip it or just not take it?

Badgerski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don’t have to have the title in hand. A private person might want it but it can be done through a bunch of paperwork, usually safer to use a lender to transfer ownership since they’ll have everything that needs to be signed. Carvana all of those places buy cars with liens all the time. I bet most cars they buy have liens.
As someone else said the cheapest money now will probably come from a credit union.
Carvana appears to be going bankrupt 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't plan to own and drive the Maverick then don't buy it. Vehicles depreciate.
People that made money flipping vehicles. Well. great for them. Don't be the one that lost money when market bubble bursts.

Sventinker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guy at my dealership said the other day that Ford is considering opening up ordering again this year. He stated that production is up and flowing well.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana appears to be going bankrupt 🤷‍♂️
Carvana valuation last year $60 billion
Carvana valuation today less than $1 billion

Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index, which tracks used-vehicle prices, dropped in October for a fifth-straight month, down 10.6% from a year earlier. It’s the biggest such decline in the almost 28-year history of the index.

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
My order is for an XLT with AWD, CP360, 4K Tow and FX4 packages.

I just ordered it with that stuff because that was what I wanted, but I don't actually need most of it, and now that I'm considering how much interest I'll have to pay on this thing, I'm wishing I would have instead ordered a basic XL with AWD and 4K only, which was my original plan.

I just got carried away adding stuff, thinking it's only an extra grand here and two grand there, no big deal. For some silly reason I forgot about all the interest. I don't have awful credit, but it's definitely not good, so the interest rate for me is probably going to be high.

I'd consider just changing my order, but I am already scheduled with a VIN now, so I am pretty sure it is too late to change it. Maybe someone here has some good news for me on that front, but everything I'm finding seems to indicate that I should have changed it before I got scheduled.

Assuming I can't change it, I am almost certainly not going to want to keep it. Is it even worth trying to flip it in my situation? I know lightly-used 22s have been going quick for way more than MSRP, but I'm not sure the same will hold for the 23s, and the longer I'd be stuck with it the more the interest would cancel out any profit I might make.

Edit: and I forgot to ask, can I even sell it at all if it's financed? Or would I have to have the title in hand to make any sort of deal?
It's up to you of course. In my case I had originally ordered an XL with the 2 litre AWD with some but not a lot of extras, for just under $ 33000 ( Canadian ) 2 months later , I cancelled that and upgraded to,the XLT, with the FX4, a 4000 lb tow package and upgraded wheel rims with the better Falken Wildpeak all terrain tires . Almost $ 40000 Canadain . I m glad that I did. I did not want to later regret not getting the upgraded version. But again, it's really a personal thing
But if you do decide to sell it , there is no reason you cannot do so if it has been financed . Obviously the sale money would have to pay off the loan, unless that loan is transferable
You could easily get back the MSRP, but there is the Sales Tax, delivery charges, Dealer fees etc. that you really can't get back..
But if you can afford, it maybe just keep the XLT with all the extras . Enjoy your Maverick, whatever you decide

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I said.

In other words, ask the dealer:

"How much will you give ME to not buy this truck?"

Basically profit sharing but since the dealer is doing all the work and you'd just be walking away, don't expect more than a grand or two. But worth a shot.
So in ALL of the Maverick stories I've read in a year and a half, only ONE of them was offered money from the dealership to "NOT buy".

The dealership has no reason they "have to" sell to the person who ordered the Maverick- if they hear someone has no intent to buy the truck they could just sell it to someone else. They don't owe the person who ordered it anything but maybe a deposit refund (if there was one, if it was refundable).

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Up until the time it is selected for production scheduling you can change options. You cannot change model such as XLT to XL, nor ecoboost/hybrid, nor FWD/AWD. All other options can be added or deleted.
If you don't mind paperwork hassle, you can buy and re-sell as soon as you have the title in hand. The dealer may be open to buying you out of the order, but it is unlikely. It depends upon local demand which determines what they can make on the vehicle.
If you decide to sell to a reseller, such as Carvana, shop them all, get offers as they will likely differ. You essentially let them pay off your loan, get the lien removed from the title, and you sign the title over to them. If it works the way you want, they pay you some cash, and you walk away.

Profiteer

My order is for an XLT with AWD, CP360, 4K Tow and FX4 packages.

I just ordered it with that stuff because that was what I wanted, but I don't actually need most of it, and now that I'm considering how much interest I'll have to pay on this thing, I'm wishing I would have instead ordered a basic XL with AWD and 4K only, which was my original plan.

I just got carried away adding stuff, thinking it's only an extra grand here and two grand there, no big deal. For some silly reason I forgot about all the interest. I don't have awful credit, but it's definitely not good, so the interest rate for me is probably going to be high.

I'd consider just changing my order, but I am already scheduled with a VIN now, so I am pretty sure it is too late to change it. Maybe someone here has some good news for me on that front, but everything I'm finding seems to indicate that I should have changed it before I got scheduled.

Assuming I can't change it, I am almost certainly not going to want to keep it. Is it even worth trying to flip it in my situation? I know lightly-used 22s have been going quick for way more than MSRP, but I'm not sure the same will hold for the 23s, and the longer I'd be stuck with it the more the interest would cancel out any profit I might make.

Edit: and I forgot to ask, can I even sell it at all if it's financed? Or would I have to have the title in hand to make any sort of deal?
Flipping is a bit of time and annoyance. I’d just walk away and cancel the order if I were you. Skip it completely. Get something you can pay cash for. Live free!

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know what you are going through. I currently own a 2016 SUV but also a Bolt EV, both of which are owned with no payment. I ordered a Maverick before I decided to buy out the EV lease so whenever the Maverick comes in, I'm going to have to make a decision. The EV is so easy to drive and park as well as very inexpensive to drive that it would be hard to give up. The SUV is such a nice riding vehicle that I really only use it for road trips since the EV is so cheap.
So, I will be thinking about giving up the EV and getting back to filling up a vehicle with gas and performing oil changes :( The SUV only requires a monthly fill up so that's not too bad.
I had a Bolt too and sold it at a tidy profit. What I miss is the relaxing one pedal driving. Not having to dance between 2 pedals makes any trip far less tiring. Not to mention brake wear.
Using the L feature in my Hybrid Maverick helps some. But be aware of following vehicles who use a different brake glide than you.
Sponsored