MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Rav4 Prime would actually be my number 1 vehicle pick, over the Maverick. But the cost is just not justifiable. I'd want one in top trim, which would be close to $50k IF you could find one without a markup - and good luck with that.

As nice as the Prime is, it is not $20k nicer than my ordered Lariat Lux Hybrid. And $20k buys a lot of gas.
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Hoagus

Starts around $42K I think, can get up there with options etc. for sure

It is really nice though - I've actually driven it quite a bit, all around New England on vacation with him and our wives loaded up with all our stuff - quite comfortable, lots of power, etc.
The RAV4 Hybrid starts around $28K, so the difference between hybrid and PHEV is about $14K. That means a Maverick PHEV might start at around $34K. Probably a little less.

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering that America is still in a transitional phase to electric cars/charging, I would much rather see a Maverick PHEV.

Zero stress range, all electric for errands, and generator mode like the F150 has.

PHEV is the near future change my mind.
I tend to agree. There is a big push for EVs right now but I think its foolish due to supply constraints. We would probably be better off going mass PHEVs until the lithium supply issues are sorted out. Most people in urban areas can get by fine with smaller batteries.

OP
OP
austinzone

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Escape is $26k base and the PHEV is $32k base - so $6,000. I bet Ford could get the Maverick to $25k base PHEV Maverick.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Byd has a PHEV power train that will go 200 miles on a charge. Small engine generates electricity when battery runs dry. . .Now we are taking range. Not this 45 mile garbage.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would've loved a plug-in Maverick, but after driving a Mustang Mach-E this weekend, I may go ahead and upgrade to one of those next year.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a fan of plug in hybrids. You still need to maintain the ice even if you don't use it. Also it's probably not good for the ice if you don't use it much...

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have y'all driven the Mavericks hybrid?

Mine uses the ICE almost every time I accelerate. To go electric only I have to majorly creep along.

I don't see how they'd be able to convert Maverick to phev without some major modifications.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a fan of plug in hybrids. You still need to maintain the ice even if you don't use it. Also it's probably not good for the ice if you don't use it much...
Many who have never had one think the same.

They have systems installed to ensure the engine runs enough. No problems.

As far as maintaining the ICE, there is almost nothing to do. It is typically less than an ICE vehicle.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering that America is still in a transitional phase to electric cars/charging, I would much rather see a Maverick PHEV.

Zero stress range, all electric for errands, and generator mode like the F150 has.

Whats to change. The government is spending taxpayer money nilly willy to support EV. The media is all in.

Almost like when the goverment was pushing war bonds during WW 2.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EV is the future (this is fact). Right now PHEV is the best of both worlds (this is opinion).

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. Not for me. My camper does not need one. I plan on trying it in the winter. Of course I have my brothers back up generator

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'd be down as long as the "P" stood for Passive charge. If I can set my smart phone on a puch why can't I drive over a puck and get inductive charge?

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No thanks. There's no place to plug it in where I park it. And while I don't like $6 a gallon gas, what I'd like even less is waiting for an hour for it to charge up versus ten minutes, including waiting in the line at Costco.

I won't buy an electric vehicle until I can charge it up fully as quickly as I can fill up a gas tank.
Sponsored