Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Considering that America is still in a transitional phase to electric cars/charging, I would much rather see a Maverick PHEV.

Zero stress range, all electric for errands, and generator mode like the F150 has.

PHEV is the near future change my mind.
Sponsored

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had also rather have a PHEV Maverick, and will order one as soon as it is for sale.

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really want a PHEV trucklette also, but 90% more batteries is gonna cost a whole lot more. Only other downside is we have electric car and one charger, so there would be driveway fights for the plug. Adding another plug means sub panel and a bunch of other costs donā€™t feel like dealing with at the mo.

Probably just enjoy the hybrid and be done with it. Also daily commutes are low mileage, I could actually see the gas going bad from lack of the ice ever coming on, lol

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@ $19995.00
This. I paid $26.2k OTD for my XLT with a few goodies, guessing a PHEV version - with, say, 30 miles of range - would have been easily $30k+. We spend ~$80/month on gas and the large majority of our miles are on semi-regular trips that are much longer than 30 miles. So, the payoff point would have been a long long ways in the future for us. Would have considered it, but mathematically this version is probably better for us.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exact same truck with absolutely no differences in weight, performance, handling, options including AWD and even the same OTD price? Yes!

That being said, I wouldnā€™t trade my truck for a PHEV version, I donā€™t think I would come out ahead. But if exactly what I said existed at the time of ordering, I would have checked the PHEV box instead of the ecoboost one definitely. The turbo noises are cool but I can live without them.

Donodo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Escape SEL, Maverick hybrid XLT, DR-650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Ford Escape PHEV on order, it will get a $6,843 federal tax credit for this year. No idea if any of the Ford EV and PHEV products will get any Tax credits next year. A nameless democrat voted with the whole minority party to vote the tax credit down going forward.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really want a PHEV trucklette also, but 90% more batteries is gonna cost a whole lot more. Only other downside is we have electric car and one charger, so there would be driveway fights for the plug. Adding another plug means sub panel and a bunch of other costs donā€™t feel like dealing with at the mo.

Probably just enjoy the hybrid and be done with it. Also daily commutes are low mileage, I could actually see the gas going bad from lack of the ice ever coming on, lol
In earlier thread when I said I was concerned about gas going bad, several responded that the phev's they had would periodically cycle on (did not say what frequency or duration) the ice so that gas in tank would not go stale.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that a PHEV would be very attractive. I have a 13 mile commute to work so I'd use the gas engine only for out of town trips. What little I've looked into it, a PHEV might effectively charge overnight on 120, so the cost of another 220 line wouldn't be a factor.

But there's no free lunch. It would be heavier, costlier, the batteries would eat up interior volume and payload. I wouldn't want the truck to get bigger so upsizing it to accommodate the batteries isn't attractive. And I don't think I'd be prepared to pay $40k for an XLT/Lux.

So basically, while I'd like a PHEV, I don't think i would have ordered a PHEV Mav if it had been offered. The low cost and small size were critical to getting me out of my historical sport sedan/coupes. For $40k, I'd still be looking for a fun car.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PHEVs are pricey but that can be somewhat offset with tax incentives...I think my friend got $7500 credit on his Rav4 Prime
The Prime is more like $50K, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s a great vehicle tho.

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good points on rebates, 120v charging and maybe stale gas not being an issue. Probably comes down to cost difference over time being main issue, weight etc.

woppinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
@Hoagus

Starts around $42K I think, can get up there with options etc. for sure

It is really nice though - I've actually driven it quite a bit, all around New England on vacation with him and our wives loaded up with all our stuff - quite comfortable, lots of power, etc.
Sponsored