First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a few days of texting with lastfit ,there sending out t3 red bulbs for me to try.They also said from feed back from lariat owners that they don't work properly.

Ford Maverick Hyper Flash after Turn Signal Recall IMG_20240112_133907225
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not to take anything away from them, but the model that they state is cosmetic upgrade only is $40 per pair ($80) and then you would presumably need two sets of resistors at $20 a pair ($40), for $120 total. Their higher performing models are more expensive at $60 a pair or $90 a pair, and still require the resistors at $20 a pair, so $160 or $220 total for the higher performing options.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to take anything away from them, but the model that they state is cosmetic upgrade only is $40 per pair ($80) and then you would presumably need two sets of resistors at $20 a pair ($40), for $120 total. Their higher performing models are more expensive at $60 a pair or $90 a pair, and still require the resistors at $20 a pair, so $160 or $220 total for the higher performing options.
Totally Understand. Everyone has a preference and a budget, not a thing wrong with that. But for me, I'll pay the premium and buy Made In USA whenever possible (which is real hard now days) and leave the China, etc stuff alone.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally Understand. Everyone has a preference and a budget, not a thing wrong with that. But for me, I'll pay the premium and buy Made In USA whenever possible (which is real hard now days) and leave the China, etc stuff alone.
But how did you end up buying this made in Mexico vehicle?

Sponsored

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I understand and I try to buy USA whenever possible as well. For me the deciding factor however, was the need to tap into the factory wiring for the resistors that helped make my decision. The style of tap-in crimp style "vampire" connectors used are prone to damaging the wire as well as not being weatherproof. If DD produced resistors with factory style inline plugs on them, I would have gone that way for sure. I know I could make my own, but I just didn't want to pay significantly more and have to pay for more parts and then customize them to get the way I wanted. I decided just plugging in bulbs was a better solution for me.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, Ford delivered these trucks to the public that did not meet the NTSB requirements, so it absolutely is Fords fault. Perhaps lasfit would have designed a proper bulb if they had a proper working truck to begin with. This whole thing could have been avoided if Ford designed the truck properly from the begining.
well, I never posted it wasn't Fords fault...

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've not changed out my rear turn signal lamps, but I have the backups with D15 Lighting WT21W's and the cargo lights with Lasfit's.

Because I haven't done the turn signal lamps, does anyone know if I will get hyper flash if the recall update is done?

Last edited:

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've not changed out my rear turn signal lamps, but I have the backups with D15 Lighting WT21W's and the cargo lights with Lasfit's.

Because I haven't done the turn signal lamps, does anyone know if I will get hyper flash if the recall update is done?
The trend seems to be if you have LEDs in the rear (not specifically LASFIT, but most on this site have LASFIT) when you get the recall turn signal update done, you will have "hyperflash". But it seems to be "hyperflashing" in the cab as a safety feature, but all the exterior bulbs flash at the normal rate

Sponsored

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The trend seems to be if you have LEDs in the rear (not specifically LASFIT, but most on this site have LASFIT) when you get the recall turn signal update done, you will have "hyperflash". But it seems to be "hyperflashing" in the cab as a safety feature, but all the exterior bulbs flash at the normal rate

Thanks...It's interesting that engaging the turn signal on a vehicle whose turn signals are stock would cause hyper flash.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same thing happen to me. This is my second Maverick with the same Lasfit LEDs. Had the recall done Thursday and noticed immediately the hyper flash in the dash. The outside blinkers was flashing normal. Was at the dealer today for something else, told my salesman this. He looked up my Maverick on his computer and it shows the back brake lights not working and the left blinker not working. We both checked and all the lights work. Still have hyper flash in dash. Not so much worried about it as I am trading in my Maverick next month for another Maverick and I will swap out the LEDs. I will be curious to see if the same thing happens. Probably will, so I will keep checking this thread to see the outcome.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks...It's interesting that engaging the turn signal on a vehicle whose turn signals are stock would cause hyper flash.
It's people who have swapped for aftermarket LEDs that are encountering the issue.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's people who have swapped for aftermarket LEDs that are encountering the issue.
I should have repeated what I mentioned in an earlier post....I replaced my cargo and backup lights, but not turn signals (or brakes ).
Sponsored