Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone! I currently have an XLT hybrid on order, it only has the spray in liner and hitch. I live in CO and like to hike, bike, off-road and snowboard on the weekends. I currently drive a 2013 Altima as my daily (I don’t drive much during the week since I work from home and my gym is only about 8 miles round trip all city) and I 2001 4Runner that I use for off-roading. My gf has a 2022 crosstrek than we take whenever it’s snowing or if we go to the mountains for hikes.
I’ve been waiting for the maverick since October 2021, getting worried it won’t be built. I was debating on whether I should change it over to a AWD, but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of the maverick for me, since the biggest attraction is to the mpg of the maverick. My Altima gets around 24-26 city and over 30 highway, I can’t imagine the AWD does much better than that.
Does anyone here live in CO that has a hybrid and wishes they gotten an AWD or vice Versa? I’ll be keeping the 4Runner no matter which one I choose.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you're keeping the 4Runner, might as well stick with the hybrid and hope it gets built. You'll have the mpg advantage and bed for in town and mild forest roads, and the capability of the 4Runner on the tougher stuff.

OP
OP

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're keeping the 4Runner, might as well stick with the hybrid and hope it gets built. You'll have the mpg advantage and bed for in town and mild forest roads, and the capability of the 4Runner on the tougher stuff.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I saw someone on YouTube that threw on some a/t tires on his hybrid and goes through some mild terrain while getting at least 38mpg. I’m just afraid my hybrid won’t get built this year, and ford isn’t rolling order over to 2024 so I would lose my $1700 private offer.
Although it would be nice to have an awd during winter to go snowboarding and not get 15mpg.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I saw someone on YouTube that threw on some a/t tires on his hybrid and goes through some mild terrain while getting at least 38mpg. I’m just afraid my hybrid won’t get built this year, and ford isn’t rolling order over to 2024 so I would lose my $1700 private offer.
Although it would be nice to have an awd during winter to go snowboarding and not get 15mpg.
I have the AWD in WA and have taken it through some sketchy places. I 100% would not have been happy with the hybrid due to lack of AWD.

You might want to figure out how many miles you think you'll drive a year and then figure out the savings that you might see with the hybrid. It might only be a couple hundred dollars a year in gas.

OP
OP

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the AWD in WA and have taken it through some sketchy places. I 100% would not have been happy with the hybrid due to lack of AWD.

You might want to figure out how many miles you think you'll drive a year and then figure out the savings that you might see with the hybrid. It might only be a couple hundred dollars a year in gas.
So we just moved here in September, but I would say we drive a good amount of the weekends to go hiking and stuff. Plus I plan on doing more mountain biking when it gets warmer and the nearest trail is about 42 mins from our apartment. Most of our driving is done through mountain highways and usually it’s pretty slow because of traffic.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey everyone! I currently have an XLT hybrid on order, it only has the spray in liner and hitch. I live in CO and like to hike, bike, off-road and snowboard on the weekends. I currently drive a 2013 Altima as my daily (I don’t drive much during the week since I work from home and my gym is only about 8 miles round trip all city) and I 2001 4Runner that I use for off-roading. My gf has a 2022 crosstrek than we take whenever it’s snowing or if we go to the mountains for hikes.
I’ve been waiting for the maverick since October 2021, getting worried it won’t be built. I was debating on whether I should change it over to a AWD, but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of the maverick for me, since the biggest attraction is to the mpg of the maverick. My Altima gets around 24-26 city and over 30 highway, I can’t imagine the AWD does much better than that.
Does anyone here live in CO that has a hybrid and wishes they gotten an AWD or vice Versa? I’ll be keeping the 4Runner no matter which one I choose.
I ordered in October '21 and mine is getting built now. It's a XLT hybrid too.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't seem like you drive enough for mpg to play that big of a role.

OP
OP

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't seem like you drive enough for mpg to play that big of a role.
We do a lot of driving in the weekends going into the mountain to hike and stuff. Everything is at least an hour away or more.
Sponsored