First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all, I purchased a 22 XLT lux pack hybrid back in June w/ about 10,000 miles to replace my 2019 Mercedes c300 when we moved from the city to a rural area in SW Michigan. At 14xxx miles now, I am loving nearly 50mpg and the Maverick overall, but have been plagued with some issues that have me considering switching to an ecoboost. At 11,000 miles, I had a severe coolant leak (would go from max to min line every 100 miles). Turned out the exhaust heat exchange was leaking. Then remote start wouldn’t work. Took into dealer who reset it and got it working. Now I’m having battery issues. If the car sits more than a day, the battery will go flat and the car goes into “deep sleep mode” after being parked for an hour. I’ve also been plagued with electronic issues since day one. CarPlay only works half the time, screen randomly restarts while driving, and my bed lights wouldn’t turn off until I disconnected and then reconnected battery.

Though I love my hybrid, I’m curious if any of you have switched from a hybrid to an ecoboost as my car has spent a total time at the dealer or 8 weeks since I got it late June. Online, the ecoboost seems to have a higher reliability score so far and I’d like the capacity to have AWD now that I’m in a snow my area. It also seems like the early 22s have more issues than 23s.

Thanks for the input everyone!

IMG_8966.png

IMG_9014.jpeg
I had 2 hybrid mavericks , both had multiple issues with battery and other common things talked about on this form. I picked up a 23 eco awd and never looked back. Just my experience!
Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard some of the dealerships have been a pain to deal with, but that's not Ford. Ford themselves were proactive on the forums, and quick to issue recalls. Whereas the sante Cruz is dropping transmissions, and Hyundai still hasn't done anything about it.
No, it was Ford, along with the dealerships. I interacted with the forum account and Ford customer service many times. And they (FMC) did defer resolution on many of the issues I dealt with.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It really seems like Ford is in denial, or maybe it's their customers. There's a reason toyota is #1 worldwide.

Oh, well, creating value for their shareholders ain't easy.
That's one of the reasons I feel I have the right to complain, I am a stockholder.

While the brand has been good to me over the years financially, some of the vehicles not so much, especially the Maverick.
Sponsored