mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That might work on a Tesla, but the Maverick is going to creep along.
Teslas have software options for disabling and enabling one pedal driving and disabling and enabling creep. I kind of wish Ford would include those on our trucks, it’s free, probably costs nothing to develop, and increases options for the customer. It’s literally no more complex than an additional drive mode.
Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What are you talking about, go drive one. I don’t think you know what a torque converter is or how it works either, dual clutch automatics and normal CVTs don’t roll either so it’s nothing special about being a torque converter.

For anyone else reading this, it’s not going to roll…
Don't confuse auto hold with creep. On a level ground with auto hold off I don't think the maverick will creep. My Chevy, VW and Mazda all automatics do creep. My 50 Dodge did not. Yes, it was a manual.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't confuse auto hold with creep. On a level ground with auto hold off I don't think the maverick will creep. My Chevy, VW and Mazda all automatics do creep. My 50 Dodge did not. Yes, it was a manual.
Why don't you think a hybrid Maverick will creep? It will. This is what people expect.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why don't you think a hybrid Maverick will creep? It will. This is what people expect.
Where does it get the power to creep?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course a manual with the clutch in won't (or shouldn't) creep.

Where does it get the power to creep?
The electric drive motor.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Of course a manual with the clutch in won't (or shouldn't) creep.

The electric drive motor.
Why would it be energized?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will creep. Toyota hybrids use very similar setups and they creep. It's not just going to sit still.. Ford is smart enough to be able to make it do this.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To creep like most people expect from an automatic transmission.
I get it. As a software programmer I tried to make computer systems look as much like the old paper systems as posable to make the over 30 crowd comfortable.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is creep added to eCVTs to provide feedback to the driver to remind them which gear they are in while their foot is still on the brake?

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having it creep is actually a nice feature for small maneuvers.

Even in cars with DCTs, where you should not creep, they will do it by slipping the clutches. It's bad for them but it is what people expect. Our Porsche PDK did this as did our Hyundai/Kia cars with DCTs.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is creep added to eCVTs to provide feedback to the driver to remind them which gear they are in while their foot is still on the brake?
If the brake pedal is applied at a complete stop the Maverick will not move and no power will be going to the traction motor.

If Auto Hold is activated then when you have completely stopped you can remove your foot from the brake pedal and the Maverick will not move and no power will be going to the traction motor.

USING AUTO HOLD

1. Bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
The auto hold active indicator illuminates in the information display.

2. Release the brake pedal. The system holds your vehicle at a standstill. The auto hold active indicator remains illuminated in the information display.

3. Pull away in the normal manner. The system releases the brakes and the auto hold active indicator switches off.

What purpose would Auto Hold have if the Maverick didn't creep when the brake pedal is released?

Auto Hold is there because the Maverick will creep when the brake pedal is released.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the brake pedal is applied at a complete stop it will not creep and no power will be going to the traction motor.

If Auto Hold is activated then when you have completely stopped you can remove your foot from the brake pedal and the Maverick will not move.

USING AUTO HOLD

1. Bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
The auto hold active indicator illuminates in the information display.

2. Release the brake pedal. The system holds your vehicle at a standstill. The auto hold active indicator remains illuminated in the information display.

3. Pull away in the normal manner. The system releases the brakes and the auto hold active indicator switches off.

What purpose would Auto Hold have if the Maverick didn't creep when the brake pedal is released?

Auto Hold is there because the Maverick will creep when the brake pedal is released.
We were not talking about auto hold pg 198 of the user manual. We were talking about creep with auto hold off.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We were not talking about auto hold pg 198 of the user manual. We were talking about creep with auto hold off.
Yes, but he is saying that if the Maverick would sit completely still on level ground without brake applied, then auto hold would not even be present on the vehicle.

I don't understand the hang up here. it 100% is going to creep if it is in Drive and no brake is applied. That is what it will be designed to do. End of story.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Re-READ what I wrote:

Sponsored