First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no clue. Just pure speculation. My assumption was based on the fact that IF it's 40% of all Mavs, why isn't there also mention of a 60% constraint on ecoboost? Just guessing that it may be that for the 60% that are supposed to be eco, they are able to produce 100% (or whatever percentage they deem is above a constraint level). Again, I have no clue what they mean with their percentage constraint values and haven't seen anything that's been able to clear it up. Just some thoughts from a hopeful future hybrid owner....lol
You have a basic understanding of what the constraint means. I think you are missing info you can't glean by focusing on Mavericks specifically.

With the exception of car and truck models built exclusively as hybrid/electric, hybrid trims on gas vehicles represent no more than 5-10% of total production for that model. Hybrid versions of gas vehicle models have also always been offered at higher prices/trims than the base model. So, the fact that Ford is producing hybrid Mavericks at a 35-40% clip, vs EB, AND offered the hybrid as the base engine, is a major shift in the hybrid production playback.

Also, Ford is working to ramp up domestic production and shorten its supply chains while shifting towards robust electric offerings.

Ford is changing how it does business and we are reaping the benefits (40mpg truck?!?), even if we have to wait a while.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid brothers, sisters, and xirs, Thursday is upon us again....

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This also means any shipped vehicles will need the final software update done at the dealership before delivery to the customer..
Shouldn't all the heavy lifting be done already with the Escape Hybrid (or all the other hybrids from Ford) with the EPA and the Atkinson Cycle engine?

Sponsored

Stressfree

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford E350 shuttle bus camper conversion
I ordered my cyber orange XLT hybrid sometime back in late June. Got a VIN and build date a few weeks ago. Build date originally Oct 11, now moved back to Oct 18 so we'll see if it actually gets built then or not

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Cleanup week this week.. One week until a big scheduling round next Thursday?

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
He's among the richest guys in the world because idiot investors eat his shit with a spoon. He has yet to make a legitimate profit selling product (as opposed to carbon credits).
He may yet prove that he's a legitimate value creator, but he's not there yet.
That's about as dumb a response as you could make. Musk has completely reinvented how to make a car, much less EV, from the ground up. He's revolutionized the actual casting and production methods. He controls his supply chain all the way through. He is the process of revolutionizing the world. Do you see ALL the other car manufacturers lining up behind him? And all the states who are in the process of outlawing all gas driven cars in the fairly near future? If you can't see that, you've got big blinders on. Or just a bit jealous that a somewhat reclusive and shy engineering nerd with Asperger's, who you may not like, pull it off? He's rewriting history. The Mav and its future PEV and all electric versions wouldn't even be here without his push.

<Edits> Sorry to be rude, but the guy deserves his due, no matter whether you love him or hate him.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's about as dumb a response as you could make. Musk has completely reinvented how to make a car, much less EV, from the ground up. He's revolutionized the actual casting and production methods. He controls his supply chain all the way through. He is the process of revolutionizing the world. Do you see ALL the other car manufacturers lining up behind him? And all the states who are in the process of outlawing all gas driven cars in the fairly near future? If you can't see that, you've got big blinders on. Or just a bit jealous that a somewhat reclusive and shy engineering nerd with Asperger's, who you may not like, pull it off? He's rewriting history. The Mav and its future PEV and all electric versions wouldn't even be here without his push.
I didn't say he isn't shaking things up or that he hasn't been a catalyst to huge changes. I said that the actual economic value that he's created - to date - does not justify his personal net worth.

It's based on speculation. Only time will tell whether that speculation was well placed.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn't all the heavy lifting be done already with the Escape Hybrid (or all the other hybrids from Ford) with the EPA and the Atkinson Cycle engine?
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hybrid-order-support-group.1156/page-56
https://www.edmunds.com/ford/maverick/2022/features-specs/

The Maverick hybrid is longer and heavier, with a better towing capability than the Escape hybrid. Ford would have to have modified the powertrain to meet the power and torque requirements of the Maverick. I am pretty sure Ford hasn't produced hybrids at this high of a proportion to gas engines on a vehicle before, so they are trying to get everything up to speed on top of it being a completely new vehicle.

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
I didn't say he isn't shaking things up or that he hasn't been a catalyst to huge changes. I said that the actual economic value that he's created - to date - does not justify his personal net worth.

It's based on speculation. Only time will tell whether that speculation was well placed.
Their last sales figure was 1/4 million vehicles I think. That's certainly not nothing and well "on the road"; Telsa is the highest valued car company in history, done in 15 years or so?

Take into account that Musk bet the farm on everything. If the Y hadn't done well, he was broke. He's the biggest risk taker of our time, by far. He's a genius, and with that comes all the baggage and some pretty crazy ideas (settling Mars? No thanks).

His personal net worth doesn't have much to do with it, and I don't see him keeping the $$$ to hoard for himself unlike the other big money guys. He's sold his houses and lives in some tiny shack at the Tesla plant, which he literally spends 16-20 hours a day on the line figuring this stuff out. Nobody else does that.

If you haven't, watch the next Battery Day. It's kind of nerdy and a lot of engineering speak, and Musk is not well spoken or a slick salesman by any stretch, but the depth of his vision is remarkable, from reinventing the tabs on the Lithium Batteries to making them half as costly to build, to building the largest casting foundry in the world to reduce the number of front or rear parts from something like 1000 to 3, to envisioning where vehicles are no longer valued on their cost, but their usage, running around on their own and picking up people instead of everyone needing their own car. Tunnels under LA and LV? And a lot more.

He's not about making money or building cars, he's about reinventing the infrastructure that's causing us so much grief. Hats off to him.

And I repeat, the Mav wouldn't be here in this market, now, at this time without, his push (and Toyota's).

But we digress from anticipating a huge home run for Ford. More people climbing on board than they expected? HURRAH!

Quote Reply
Report Edit

Deleted member 2128

Lariat Hybrid, Cyber orange, lux package, moon roof Confirmed order 8/19 waiting for next step.
I ordered my CyberOrange Hybrid XLT 6/10/21 and I haven't heard anything since.

I believe that they will start pouring out soon to make make the fourth quarter sales look great!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found out last night my small family owned Ford dealership sold to another larger family dealership. This happened October 1. Hopefully new dealership will get some additional allocations from Ford so maybe my hybrid could get built yet this year. Got to hang my hopes on something positive.