First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know you are right. Even if you looked it up you would not be more educated or better for it. You are so deep into your your own entitlement you are not even aware of it. You were taught what to think, not how to think. that is why you wish to be spoon-fed. It is NOT my job to educate you.
For what?

Explain to me what makes me entitled?
Sponsored

Bsperty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crab
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was this not related to stock dealer orders only? I could be mistaken, but I think the larger document you've referenced has been posted here previously, and alluded to dealer stock only. I reserve the right to be wrong and corrected.
My salesperson is also buying a hybrid Maverick and that does relate to stock orders they are telling me .

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a follow up to my post above, it looks like a 'lot' of parts are on back order:
Do you think "back order" means Ford doesn't have any -- which would stop production in its tracks -- or that Ford is reserving all these parts for the production process?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think "back order" means Ford doesn't have any -- which would stop production in its tracks -- or that Ford is reserving all these parts for the production process?
We can't know. But it's certainly possible that eCVTs are allocated to production and consequently aren't available for dealers to order as repair parts. Not that they should need any at this time...

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well there you go! This article should help all those on the forum who want to hear from Ford about hybrid builds. If this article is to be believe FORD has stated no stock hybrids are being built, only Retail!! I don't how much cleared it can be stated!
Thanks for posting this article! Maybe a few can now chill out. (y) (y) :)
For what?
For what?

Hey 777, hcforde is a pontificator… he/she feels it necessary to exude their superior intellect… Tl;dr

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correction- 70 years, not 80. Finger dexterity declining in my old age.
Thanks to you and your family members for their service.
I gave 26 years to the USAF, my Dad gave 22 years, Uncle gave 4 to the Marines, and other Uncle gave 4 to the Navy. My Grandfather was near blind in one eye so he was 4F during WWII. I think it bothered him because he couldn't enlist. His "Army" time was with the Salvation Army.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think that all parts are being dedicated to production for now. I say that based on the idea of, what good are spare parts if no one has a vehicle to drive and break thus needing to be repaired? That's just my take on logic! :unsure: However, I was wondering about spare parts back when the Trainer Maverick came to Tucson. The Maverick had a cracked windshield and I was thinking then wondering how long it would take to get it replaced.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to you and your family members for their service.
I gave 26 years to the USAF, my Dad gave 22 years, Uncle gave 4 to the Marines, and other Uncle gave 4 to the Navy. My Grandfather was near blind in one eye so he was 4F during WWII. I think it bothered him because he couldn't enlist. His "Army" time was with the Salvation Army.
To you and yours as well!

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We can't know. But it's certainly possible that eCVTs are allocated to production and consequently aren't available for dealers to order as repair parts. Not that they should need any at this time...
The following quote is from an automotive news reporter I contacted after the ”until further notice” post a couple days ago. ———————— I'm told this issue only affects future orders, so if you've already ordered yours you should be fine. I'll be posting a story shortly. Please keep me posted if you hear anything different! Always happy to talk or help out with information if I can. ——

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what?

Well most people are blind to their own condition, others can see, it they can't. I have already given you examples of your sense of entitlement in previous posts. If you really want to know ask your wife to be honest with you and tell you. If you are really serious then go find a psychologist. There is an old saying maybe you have heard of it, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink". There is also another saying that goes like this, "You can wallow around in the mud with a pig, but only the pig will enjoy it." Take care!

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well most people are blind to their own condition, others can see, it they can't. I have already given you examples of your sense of entitlement in previous posts. If you really want to know ask your wife to be honest with you and tell you. If you are really serious then go find a psychologist. There is an old saying maybe you have heard of it, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink". There is also another saying that goes like this, "You can wallow around in the mud with a pig, but only the pig will enjoy it." Take care!
Are you seriously unable to quote a specific post of mine that sounds entitled?

I am not the one that called names. That was you. You called people in this forum whiney and entitled. If you are going to call someone that, be a big enough person to point to specifics so that we can discuss it.

If you aren't able to point to specifics and you just need to vent at how entitled this generation is...maybe I'm not the one that needs counseling.

Last edited:

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There it is… that superiority… hcforde can’t help himself

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(I'm not picking on you, @MyDogWasMaverick, I just needed to link somewhere in the argument chain)

This whole "participation trophy" argument seems divorced from reality. I see people pointing at anybody younger than they are and chiming in with the ever-reliable "We didn't have that crap in my day!"

But, as @es7129 pointed out, these things existed in the 80s and 90s. As I wrote, they were around in my childhood, which was the 50s and early 60s. And this article says they have been around since just after WWI.

Which means... if they didn't have this crap in your day, you are most likely dead.

What we are really hearing is just one more chorus of the "Damn kids today! Can you believe it?" song that has been on the jukebox since it was steam-powered. It's an oldie, but not a goodie.

Last edited:

notunwell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra & Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Ordered" Maverick Aug. 9 Hybrid XL. Dealer still has no update at all wondering if I should check other dealers as I am needing to take delivery of vehicle before end of year. Found Maverick advertised on Autotrader checked availability that dealer said on order due in October. This was for an Ecoboost. Tried to reserve and they wanted an additional $1k over MSRP so I told them nevermind.
Sponsored