First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can hook a jumper box/another car battery to the terminals under the hood to get it into neutral.
Last resort: jack up the front wheels and place a wheel dolly under each wheel. then push it out of the spot so the tow truck can get to it
Good to know thanks!
We tried that with the hybrid battery cable issue with no luck. Otherwise it's a good thing to know about (purchased a lithium jump pack a while back)
Sponsored

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know thanks!
We tried that with the hybrid battery cable issue with no luck. Otherwise it's a good thing to know about (purchased a lithium jump pack a while back)
Even after you had the battery cable replaced it didnt work?

If it's totally dead and the battery cable is good, I would check the main fuses near the battery cable lug.

...Not that you should have to do any of this on a new vehicle. Id be irritated as well

OP
OP
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long has the pickup been in shop since new? If FL has a lemon law it may be time to check your options. Sorry your having issues, I love my Hybrid.
Actually I must be a sucker because for some odd reason I keep trying to be optimistic about this vehicle. I'm sure it has a lot to do with getting around 45mpg for the last 7800 miles. It's different and feels special for an inexpensive vehicle. In my area I don't think I've seen another hybrid. I like the versatility and it seems to suit our family activities well.

OP
OP
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even after you had the battery cable replaced it didnt work?

If it's totally dead and the battery cable is good, I would check the main fuses near the battery cable lug.

...Not that you should have to do any of this on a new vehicle. Id be irritated as well
Thanks for looking out, we're all in this together!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I haven't even made it to 10k miles yet and my hybrid Maverick is getting towed back to the dealership... again. The first time was the hybrid battery connection, not sure what is happening now. I went to the park this weekend and when I selected D for drive nothing happened and I got a shift sys fault indicator. After a another try it worked, but a steady red triangle with exclamation point was continuous on the dash. Today I was able to make one trip, but now the electrical system is going nuts, power is randomly cycling and the dash lights are going on and off with every sort of fault you can imagine being flashed via indicator lights and warning messages in the middle. Getting these things towed is a nightmare as well because everything is controlled electronically. None of the towing companies in my area seem to be equipped to deal with a dead Maverick hybrid. One driver informed me that he had to leave a dead Maverick on the side of the highway because of this. The first break down I was at work and Ford roadside kept sending traditional tow trucks to come help and all came to the same conclusion. Eventually I got a ride home and another one came during the night and just dragged it. I was really disappointed about this and wonder if it caused any damage. I'm a former ASE master technician, and worked at several dealerships including Ford. I realize the hybrid system adds quite a bit of complexity, but I have not even reached 10k miles and have experienced 2 serious failures that would probably cost a lot if I didn't have a warranty. The good news is that the resale value is good, so when the warranty is about over I won't lose too much money. Being a mechanic I tend to keep my vehicles forever. In fact i never thought I would own a new vehicle, but there's really nothing comparable on the market. The unfortunate fact is I sold two very reliable vehicles when I bought this one (07 Lexus IS250, 05 Tundra) and am regretting that now. Hopefully my experience is just a fluke. I really wanted to love this little truck, but at this point I can't trust in its reliability. I have the safety of myself, my wife, and three young children to consider. If this happened elsewhere, it could have been dangerous.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Sponsored

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I haven't even made it to 10k miles yet and my hybrid Maverick is getting towed back to the dealership... again. The first time was the hybrid battery connection, not sure what is happening now. I went to the park this weekend and when I selected D for drive nothing happened and I got a shift sys fault indicator. After a another try it worked, but a steady red triangle with exclamation point was continuous on the dash. Today I was able to make one trip, but now the electrical system is going nuts, power is randomly cycling and the dash lights are going on and off with every sort of fault you can imagine being flashed via indicator lights and warning messages in the middle. Getting these things towed is a nightmare as well because everything is controlled electronically. None of the towing companies in my area seem to be equipped to deal with a dead Maverick hybrid. One driver informed me that he had to leave a dead Maverick on the side of the highway because of this. The first break down I was at work and Ford roadside kept sending traditional tow trucks to come help and all came to the same conclusion. Eventually I got a ride home and another one came during the night and just dragged it. I was really disappointed about this and wonder if it caused any damage. I'm a former ASE master technician, and worked at several dealerships including Ford. I realize the hybrid system adds quite a bit of complexity, but I have not even reached 10k miles and have experienced 2 serious failures that would probably cost a lot if I didn't have a warranty. The good news is that the resale value is good, so when the warranty is about over I won't lose too much money. Being a mechanic I tend to keep my vehicles forever. In fact i never thought I would own a new vehicle, but there's really nothing comparable on the market. The unfortunate fact is I sold two very reliable vehicles when I bought this one (07 Lexus IS250, 05 Tundra) and am regretting that now. Hopefully my experience is just a fluke. I really wanted to love this little truck, but at this point I can't trust in its reliability. I have the safety of myself, my wife, and three young children to consider. If this happened elsewhere, it could have been dangerous.
I Hope Ford can help you get this issue figured out. New Hybrid owner here and getting nervous when so many Hybrid owners are having problems.

OP
OP
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to update the club about my dead Maverick. Luckily it may just be a faulty 12v battery that was causing the intermittent gear selector issue as well as the power cycling and multiple trouble codes. I received my Maverick back after a few hours of waiting and was able to drive off. Hopefully it's as simple as that and nothing more serious. I appreciate the comments and support, this group is a great resource. Thanks to Wilson at Kelly Ford for courteous and quick service. Also thanks to Ford for reaching out to try and help.

OP
OP
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Thank you very much for reaching out to try and support this. I believe the issue may be resolved (hopefully). I just posted an update to the club, explaining the fix. Again thank for for your concern, that sort of thing goes a long way for brand loyalty. Respectfully, MavRick & Morty
Sponsored